Chapter 18

Sunny and the Bunny

 

 
Lol. Ehhhhh!! So I noticed that it seems like I'm alone on my YoonBum love~ >...< nobody comments about em. 
So yep. I'm going to go fast-paced with their story so we could move on to more SunSun, KyuYoung, SiFany, and yep, HaeSica & HyoHyuk 
 
Anways... Enjoy the chapter!♥
I have a poster btw......... have you seen? it's super cute!!! also the bg and character chart kk♥ =)
 

***
 
"Kibum-ah will be working here with you, as well. I bet you know each other already, am I right?" Yoona had her jaw dropping as she stared at Shindong in disbelief. Shifting her glance towards Kibum, the guy just smiled at her.
 
"N..Nae, manager-nim. I already know sunbae.." She muttered, a little stammering as Shindong let out a wide smile, placing a good tap on Kibum's back. Kibum was already on his apron and Yoona could just inwardly giggle at his appearance.
 
"Yah. Sunbae. What do you think you're doing?" Yoona immediately asked in a hiss as soon as Shindong went inside the kitchen. Kibum shrugged as he sighed out loud, placing his hands on his waist.
 
"My allowance ran out. That's why I need to work for now." He quipped with a serious tone of voice. True enough though, he wanted to help Yoona. He thought that it was the best thing to do so that the girl wouldn't be bothered by those loansharks until the end of the week. Although he knew that it was impossible to earn 300 000 Won in four days time. Just plain impossible.
 
"How about your school?" Yoona asked as she stood in front of Kibum. It was still too early in the morning and the shop wasn't opened yet.
 
"Isn't it obvious? I'm skipping. It would be just for a few days though." He told her as he dusted off his apron, he knew that he looked funny with that pink apron. But he had no idea that Yoona thought of that too.
 
"Oh I see." Yoona quipped back as she smiled at him. True, she was more than happy that she has someone to work with now. Because apparently, she's the only server in that small restaurant. And seriously, it was a bit tiring.
 
Kibum could just lower his head as he avoided Yoona's beaming face. He didn't understand. It just felt weird how his heart seemed to have clenched just by the sight of her. She smiled, and then everything sparkled in his eyes. Like Yoona had this kind of magic that nobody could ever explain. He just wondered, how the hell could the girl manage to keep that happy aura considering that she was facing a lot of problems?
 
"Omo! It's almost 5AM! I should go open the restaurant." Yoona suddenly squeaked, which gradually brought Kibum off his trance. The girl her heels as she headed towards the main glass doors, flipping the sign hanging on it to OPEN.
 
***
 
"ACHOO!!" Sooyoung sneezed out, her eyes were weary as her nose was red and runny. Sunny was at her side as they walked towards SooIn High that cloudy morning.
 
"Omo. You caught a cold?" Sunny asked, holding on the straps of her backpack hung on her shoulders. Sooyoung sneezed out again and nodded at her small friend.
"The gas was off last night and I was forced to use cold water for bath-" *SNEEZE* "Aigoo. When it was your turn to take a bath, the gas suddenly went on so yeah, you three aren't suffering from cold as I am." *SNEEZE*
 
Sunny pitifully patted Sooyoung's shoulder. "Are you alright now? Did you take some medicine already?" She asked at which Sooyoung nodded and then sneezed out again.
 
It was a miracle that Sunny was half an hour earlier to class. When they arrived, Heechul wasn't there yet so were Sica and Hyoyeon A.K.A. her dormmates who were every-other-day-latecomers as she called them.
 
"Yah, Sooyoung-ah. Kibum still not here." Sunny told her when she noticed the empty seat beside Sooyoung. The latter just shrugged. "It's too early, maybe he's just late." *SNEEZE* "Sungmin isn't here yet as well."
 
Sunny glanced beside her. "I'm not used to being so early, after all." She thought before hearing a whole new set of continuous sneeze coming from Sooyoung. She sighed out as she turned to her friend, "Stop spreading virus, will you?"
 
*SNEEZE* "I can't control it either!" Sooyoung sniffled as she pouted at Sunny.
 
Suddenly, Sooyoung heard her name being called and lazily, she turned to where the voice came. Sunny nudged her. "Yah. Kyu's outside. I think he needs you."
 
Sooyoung laughed at Sunny's words. "He needs me? Lol." She inwardly repeated before rising from her seat and heading towards Kyuhyun who's standing just outside their classroom.
 
"What do you wa-"
 
"SOO! I SO MISSED YOU!" Kyuhyun cut her off with a really tight hug which made Sooyoung surprised and heck, she was blushing like hell.
 
"Y..Yah. What do you think you're doing?" She gulped and when Kyuhyun pulled away, a huge grin was already plastered on his face, which Sooyoung found so weird.
 
Kyuhyun was still holding both of her shoulders when he pouted. "Wae? I just missed my Sooyoungie."
 
That made Sooyoung almost passed out but she pursed in her spazzm and repeated her question again. "Kyuhyun Cho, what do you think you're doing again? Oh-let me rephrase that.. Why are you hugging your best friend all of a sudden?" She asked, the last words sending a pang of hurt inside of her but she refused to show her brittleness.
 
"You're mean. Do you think that I would just hug you when I'm asking a favor?" Kyuhyun quipped as he fluttered his eyes and pretended to be hurt. Sooyoung sneered.
"A favor?" She asked and then she sneezed.. and sneezed and sneezed.
 
"Yah. Are you sick?" Kyuhyun immediately asked, his childish gestures were now gone and was rather completely back to the caring and worried bestie of hers. Sooyoung had her eyes half-opened as she covered her runny nose with a hanky.
 
"Gwaenchanayo. It's just a cold." She told him. "What's about that favor?" She then asked him with an inquiring look.
 
Kyuhyun thought first before saying everything to her. About Hankyung's request, plus the additional grades that he'd get in Physics, plus the cutest chinese five year old kid that they'd be taking care of for a few days while Hankyung's away.
 
"Jeoneun wae?" Sooyoung asked back although she did like the idea of having Kyuhyun and her with a baby. After all, Yoona was kinda M.I.A. at the moment. "You can just make ahjumma take care of him, can you not?"
 
Kyuhyun shook her head. "Appa and Umma are on Seoul this entire two weeks for some business." He told her and then abruptly holding her hands. "Please, Soo. It's the only way for me to not flunk Physics!"
 
He begged and begged and finally, begged. And when Sooyoung reluctantly nodded, Kyuhyun could just embrace her into a tight hug again as Sooyoung smiled. She felt real comfortable whenever he's that close to her. Even though he might not feel the same heartquaking feeling that she felt, she knew that it would do for her.
 
"Aiyoo. Are you two finally a couple now?" A voice interrupted the scene. Sooyoung and Kyuhyun turned their heads as they were still on the hug, and found Jessica and Hyoyeon approaching them.
 
"Did you finally ermm.. confess to Kyu?" Hyoyeon whispered to Sooyoung when the two pulled away from each other. Sooyoung sighed and shook her head. "I already gave up, you know. He's dumb as hell." She heaved and then turned to catch a glimpse of Hyoyeon. "Want a proof? You'll see."
 
And then she approached Kyuhyun and caught his attention. She turned to look at Hyoyeon first and then to Jessica, and finally, back to Kyuhyun.
 
She smiled brightly before saying, "I love you, Kyu."
 
Silence. (Except for HyoSica's gasps, that is!)
 
Kyuhyun let out a smile as he looked into Sooyoung's eyes, making the girl's heart fastened its beating.
 
"I love you, too." He told her with a wink as he carried on tapping her head with a hand and messing with her hair. She knew that those words were empty compared to her own words for him. But anyhow, it touched her. After all, having him for a friend was more than enough. And she treasured that as well.
 
"We'll see Baby Henry in three days okay? See you this weekend, Soo." Kyuhyun reminded her with a gleeful face. Sooyoung just nodded as she fixed her short hair and watched Kyuhyun's retreating figure from afar.
 
*SNEEZE* "Dumb guy." She muttered before turning to face Jessica and Hyoyeon who were just shaking their heads.
 
"You deserve someone better, Soo." Jessica told her just in time when the school bell had rung.
 
***
 
It was after P.E. class when Sungmin was called by their instructor, Kangin. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANGIN♥!!) He was a judo master who's wearing his black belt.
 
"I heard that you're good in Chinese Martial Arts." Kangin started as he stood about a meter away from him. Sungmin politely nodded. "Dae, I am a black belter myself." He proudly asserted.
 
Kangin pondered for a moment. "Arasseo. But since Hankyung is on leave at the moment, as he is the one who's a martial arts expert, I'm going to train you for the meantime. I hope you won't mind Judo for the timebeing."
 
Sungmin twitched an eyebrow. "Chakkamanyo, seonsaengnim. I'm going to be trained, are you saying?"
 
Kangin nodded. "Your father called the principal and told us to train you. Maybe because he doesn't want you to neglect your skills."
 
"Apeoji called?" Sungmin was even more startled. Sure that his father was the one who always urged him to do martial arts for self defense. It was their bonding moments, back when their business wasn't that grand. But later on, Sungmin was always alone in training, like his father didn't care about him anymore.
 
"Ugh. He'd call the school instead of his son." He thought before bowing to Kangin and refusing his offer. "Joesanghamnida saengnim. But I don't think I need anymore training. I'm busy with my studies and I have my exams starting next week."
 
"Are you sure?" Kangin asked, sounding rather disappointed. Sungmin nodded and bowed down again before bading goodbye and finally walking off.
 
***
 
Sunny had just finished changing to her school uniform when she caught Sungmin alone by the porch nearby the changing rooms. He was alone and it was as if he was deeply into his thoughts.
 
Sunny sat beside him. "Yah. Why so plum?" She asked as she nudged him with an elbow. Sungmin was then sent out from his own world and was surprised to see Sunny beside him.
 
"Sunkyu-ah." He mumbled at which Sunny poked his puffy cheek. "Something bothering you? Just a while ago you seem to be fine but now you look like your girl cheated on you." She laughed.
 
Sungmin placed a tap on her forehead. "Aniyo. I'm fine." But Sunny looked at him, disbelieving.
 
"I bet it's about your family." She quipped, making Sungmin narrow his eyes at her. "How did you-"
 
"I can be a mindreader, can I not?" She chuckled. "I already know a few things about you, Sungmin. And I figured that your family is one thing that problems you."
 
Sungmin heaved out a sigh, a bit amazed at Sunny's words. "Apeoji called the principal, he said he wants me to continue my martial arts training."
 
Sunny shrieked. "Wow! You know how to do martial arts? So cool!" Sungmin smirked. "That's why if you want to be safe, better always stick with me." He bragged.
 
Sunny threw him a dirty look before changing the topic. "Eh. What's wrong with that? You should be happy that your father cares for you."
 
Sungmin pouted. "Since I came here, he never called me. And then there he was, phoning the principal. Ugh." Sunny frowned at what he said before placing an arm around him and hugging him sideways.
 
"S..Sunkyu-ah."
 
"Gwaenchana. I'm sure your appa has his reasons. He might not be a perfect father for now but don't you ever think that you might not be a perfect son as well? It just equals out. Perhaps, your father is just shy or whatever. We don't know. But the fact that he thought of you was enough proof that he cares for you somehow, don't you think?"
 
And then, Sungmin could just smile back at her as he considered her words. Sunny removed her arms from soothing him as she stood up and sighed. "Ever since that creepy night that we've been locked up together, I grew to like you. B..But not the other way, okay? I.. I'm just happy to have you for a friend."
 
"Sunny-ah! Sunny-ah!" Jessica called out from afar. Sunny turned to her and nodded before glancing back to Sungmin. "By the way, call me Sunny from now on. I hate Sunkyu." She told him before running off.
 
Sungmin blinked before feeling on his heartbeat. It was beating so crazy fast and he knew the reason why.
"Sunny." He mumbled in a low voice as his smile couldn't get any wider."
 
***
 
"It was a hectic day, don't you think?" Yoona tiredly asked as she slumped down on the chair. Kibum and her had just finished cleaning everything and yep. It was already late in the evening. Shindong was still on the counter though, probably computing the cash that they earned for the day.
 
"Yeah. Super." Kibum replied. He was tired as well. He never knew that working in that restaurant for the whole day would be so darn tiring. Aigoo. If not for Yoona, he wouldn't be there.
 
After receiving their small but fair enough pay from Shindong, the two headed off home. Kibum and Yoona walked side by side on the roadside as the silent night approaches.
 
"Don't you miss school? You're a top student, I heard." Kibum started, breaking the awkward atmosphere between them. Yoona breathed out. "Of course, I do. But this won't last forever you know. In a week or two, I might pay my father's balance on those bad guys and finally, it would be back to normal."
 
Kibum smiled, which Yoona caught. She walked backwards as her hands were at her back. She was looking at him, rather amused which made Kibum look at her inquisitively.
 
"Why are you looking at me that way?" He asked conciously. Yoona shook her head. "Nothing. It's just that, I never thought of you like this." At that, Kibum threw him an even more inquiring look. Yoona lightly chuckled.
 
"I once thought that sunbae is snobbish.. that silent person that wouldn't be fun to be with. And I figured that I was so wrong." She paused, creating a 'tsk' sound. "Actually, Kibum sunbae has a really lovely smile. It's like when you smile, I feel like smiling as well- WOAH!"
 
Yoona squeaked, cutting off her words as she tripped on her foot while she was walking backwards. But as the girl thought she was going to land with a thud on the hard ground, Kibum had already came to her aid as he held her by hand, his other hand supported her by waist.
 
"Are you alright?" Kibum asked, his face was just about an inch away from hers as he felt himself blushing furiously with his heart immensely making the quiet neighborhood loud.
 
Yoona couldn't speak, afraid that if she moved a bit, it would close the distance between them. She just forced out a smile at which Kibum helped her to stand with the awkward air still lingering between them.
 
"Gomaweoyo." Yoona politely bowed slightly as she bade goodbye and ran off, not even making an eye contact with Kibum. She didn't know what she was feeling. All she knew was that it was weird... but she felt so good. so much better.