[Chapter 10] Free Day

LIMITED ☁ 리미티드 ☁ New Girl Group ☁ [Hiatus]

 

Mei Rin lay on the couch, she had woken up early despite it being a free day so while she waited for the other members to get up, she played on her DS for a little while, she had all the professor Layton games that she enjoyed playing. She knew Yoonmi probably wouldn’t be awake until the afternoon. Their schedule had been pretty hectic up until now so no doubt the younger girl would be catching up on all the sleep she had missed. Mei Rin reckoned that girl could sleep whenever she wanted, even if she wasn’t tired. It was like a hobby almost to Yoonmi.

When Jinah got up, she was already done up in her full make-up and Mei Rin looked at her curiously.

“Are you going somewhere?” she asked.

“No. Where would I be going?” replied Jinah, heading towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. She then plopped herself down at the bottom of the couch where Mei Rin’s feet were. The older girl instantly removed them allowing Jinah to make herself comfy as she curled her legs up and grabbed the TV remote, turning it on so she could see what dramas were on at this time in the morning.

“Oh, I like this drama,” stated Jinah casually. Mei Rin looked up from her DS but she had no idea what show it was so she simply went back to her game, frowning as she was stuck on one of the puzzles.

“Any plans for today?” asked Mei Rin.

“Nope. Amber and Kyuhyun are both busy with their promotions and stuff so I figured I might as well just hang out here.”

“Ah… I see.”

Mei Rin glanced at her nails, tapping one of the gems in thought. Maybe she would make a new video, it had been a while since she had done any sort of tutorial.

 

Yu suddenly seemed to trudge through, looking a little sleepily. She went straight to the coffee maker, putting it on and waited patiently for it, rubbing her eyes as she tried to wake herself up. It wasn’t even that early so she couldn’t say she was still tired.

“Good morning,” called out Mei Rin, noticing.

“Mmm, morning,” she yawned in response. “It’s a free day today right?”

“Yeah, why? Making plans?”

“Maybe,” shrugged Yu. “Why don’t we got for a drive?”

“Would you not kill us?” replied Jinah lazily.

“I’m a good driver but I can always push you out,” smirked Yu causing the older to glower at her. “I was just thinking we should enjoy all the spare time we get, we don’t know when we’ll get another free day like this. It would be good to do something fun.”

“Where we going?” asked Seoyun, butting into the conversation as she joined the others. She sat on the floor with her laptop. Something caused her to grumble though catching Mei Rin’s interest.

“What are you grumbling at?”

“The current standings, you know… our votes.”

Yu rushed over and leaning over from behind the girl to get a glance at the laptop; none of them had really been paying attention to the competition but it didn’t mean they weren’t interested in it. It was their future that was at stake, and if they didn’t appeal to the fans then they had no chance of winning.

“Oooh unnie,” smirked Yu at Jinah.

“What?” replied Jinah.

“You really haven’t looked?” asked the maknae.

Jinah shook her head, sitting upright as Yu looked particularly pleased.

“You’re last place at the moment,” Yu told her, finding more pleasure in that fact than she probably should have done.

“Mwo! What do you mean I’m last!?”

“You’re in last place, there’s no other meaning to it,” shrugged Yu.

“Well who’s first then?”

“Yu unnie,” replied Seoyun. “Apparently people like her playfulness and go-with-the-flow attitude”

“There is no way I can be last!” argued Jinah.

“Well it could change, but then again we can’t change your personality.”

“YAH!” Jinah leapt for Yu but the girl laughed and quickly ran off, and the two ran around the dorm playing a good game of cat and mouse.

“Yu is first, Mei Rin unnie you’re second, Yoonmi is third, I’m fourth and Jinah is last.”

“Well there’s plenty of time for it all to change,” Mei Rin said, deciding that their rankings were nothing to worry about at that current moment.

“Get back here!” yelled Jinah, still chasing after Yu with a look that clearly said she was going to murder her if she got a hold of her.

 

Yoonmi meanwhile slept oblivious to everything that was happening around her. Wild pawed at her head, trying to wake the girl up, whining to try and get some attention from Yoonmi. Yoonmi groaned a little.

“Wild…” she whined back at it. “Let me sleep a little longer ne?”

Wild continued pawing away though and Yoonmi eventually sat up, giving the small dog a gentle smile as she petted its head.

“You want to go to the park today?” she asked Wild.

Wild yapped excitedly as if he could understand everything that Yoonmi was saying. The dog sprinted through to the living room, getting caught up between Jinah and Yu however effectively brought the chasing to a halt.

 

Fully dressed, Yoonmi found Wild’s lead and attached it just so he couldn’t get into any trouble before they got to the park.

“Let’s all go,” suggested Yu, wanting to go out and play.

“Sure,” nodded Mei Rin. “Come on, we should all get some fresh air while we can.”

No one really complained, and went along enjoying the way the afternoon sun shone down on them all. At the park, Yoonmi let Wild go and the small dog ran off excitedly, chasing after some birds it saw in the distance.

“So does anyone know what out next episode is about?” asked Yu curiously. She was looking forward to filming more of their show after getting to play with INFINITE so she really wanted to know what they would do for their next episode.

“I have no idea,” Mei Rin replied. “Perhaps we should ask Himseok when we see him.”

“Why not just phone the PD?” suggested Seoyun.

“We’re not that desperate to know,” laughed Yu in amusement at the maknae’s suggestion.

“I was just saying,” she shrugged.

“We’ll just have to wait and see,” Mei Rin smiled happily, taking the snapped branch that Wild happened to bring back and throw it in the distance. Wild yapped happily but never ran after it.

“You’re gonna make get it, aren’t you?” Mei Rin spoke down with a raised eyebrow.

Wild turned its head towards where the stick was but made no move to get it.

“You’re as lazy as your owner,” she laughed, walking ahead to grab the stick. Maybe she had thrown it too far.

The girls had fun playing with Wild, chatting about possible speculations for their show wondering what kind of things they would be doing.

 

 


 

Author's Note.

Oh god i at updating this. I'm sorry T___T

I won't give up though so don't worry. You just have to be patient for the updates. I didn't want to skip straight into the next episode so yup, this is the update I have given you lol.