[Chapter 8] MTV: Life of a Rookie Episode 3 --- Part 2

LIMITED ☁ 리미티드 ☁ New Girl Group ☁ [Hiatus]

 

The two groups stood in the large gym hall, prepared for the number of games that had been prepared for them to play. At the current moment, there was no MC to take charge of the situation but that was soon to change. First however, the girls had to do something.

“What is one of the most important things for a variety show?” asked Woohyun.

The girls glanced at each, suspecting they would be told anyway so even if they did know, they weren’t playing along; perhaps as payback for being woken up so early in the morning.

“Your individual talent!” announced Woohyun excitedly.

“Therefore… each of you will show us your individual talent. This will help us decide the teams. After you’ve shown us, one by one you’ll stand up and those that want to be your partner will line up behind you. If more than one of us line up behind you, then you can choose your partner. If you only have one person, well you’re stuck with them. You cannot reject your partner!” explained Sungyeol.

“But what if we don’t want to be their partner?” asked Jinah.

“Tough! This is the joy of variety shows! We can make up the rules as we go along. Anyway, it’s mean to reject someone,” said Woohyun.

“Shall we start with the leader or the maknae?” asked Myungsoo.

The girls all pointed to Seoyun except for the girl herself since no one wanted to be the first person. So they decided to go from youngest to oldest.

 

First up was Seoyun.

“Okay, uhm… I’ll show you some Tai Chi moves,” she announced, getting into position.

“Tai Chi?” asked Sungjong. “How long have you been doing that for?”

“About seven years now,” she replied.

With that, they remained quiet as she showed them some Tai Chi moves that she had learnt. When she had finished, everyone gave her a clap quite impressed. After Seoyun was Yu. Yu’s was a similar talent as she decided to show them some advanced Yoga poses. She did a couple of quick stretches so that she wouldn’t hurt herself and then went straight into what was known as the Natarajasana.

“This move can be known as Lord of the Dance Pose… Then this next one is just known as the Standing Forward Bend… and the last one I’ll show you is…. The Crane Pose.”

The boys awed in amazement as he balances on her hands, barely even wobbling. It was amazing how she could hold up her whole body like that. The boys were clearly impressed. Then it came for Yoonmi’s turn.

“Uhm… I don’t really want to reveal my talent yet,” she told them. “So instead, I’ll sing a ballad song.”

The boys nodded, accepting her decision and waited with expectation. Yoonmi was smart, and decided to pick one of INFINITE’S own songs ‘Only Tears’. Sunggyu smiled as she began to sing it, he couldn’t stop his face from lighting up as she continued to sing. Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Dongwoo began swaying side to side as she sang, until she stop and then they all erupted into applause.

“Ooooh, Hyung really liked that! Look, he’s tearing up!” Sungjong pointed out, laughing at Sunggyu.

“No I’m not!”

After they calmed down, it was then Jinah’s turn to show them something. After telling them that she would speed rap, she took a few deep breaths as she prepared herself and then began rapping to Outsider’s ‘Oetori’. Hoya and Dongwoo paid the most attention to her; being rappers it was only natural that they would be curious about her rapping. Surprise crossed their faces as the pace of her rap picked up, not a single syllable was missed and despite the speed, the words could still be made out as clear as day.

“That was really good,” Hoya pointed out when she finished. Dongwoo was stunned a little before clapping excitedly like a seal. Jinah just rolled her eyes at Dongwoo and thanked Hoya, then allowed Mei Rin to take her turn.

“Do we have a Rubik’s cube?” she asked them, however they all shook their heads. Mei Rin thought to herself for a moment, wondering what she could do. Then it came to her.

“I know lots of random facts.”

“If you can give us five, we’ll let you pass,” said Woohyun.

“Okay… uhm. A cat as 32 muscles…”

“Is that it?” asked Dongwoo. “That doesn’t seem like much.”

“Cat’s aren’t exactly that big remember pabo,” pointed out Myungsoo.

“Are we talking about domestic cats or jungle cats...? Ah never mind… keep going then.”

“Over 1000 birds die in a year by smashing into windows.”

The whole group couldn’t hide their laughter at that fact.

“The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds. A snail can sleep for 3 years and apples are more efficient at waking you up than caffeine.”

Everyone stared at her, not quite sure if they should be impressed, or just think that she was weird for knowing all that. Mei Rin gave an awkward smile and they decided to clap.

“PASS!” Woohyun yelled out.

 

Finally, it came for choosing partners. Since they stated with Seoyun for the talents, they started with her again. She turned around so she couldn’t see what was happening.

“Okay! Do anyone that wants to be Seoyun’s partner, line up behind her.”

Seoyun folded her arms feeling a little anxious, what if no one picked her? That would be pretty embarrassing. The others girl giggled and whispered to each other, trying to make her paranoid that there was no one behind her. When the boys counted down, she finally spun round and then burst into laughter as Sungyeol smiled back at her.

“Okay! So Sungyeol and Seoyun are partners!” announced Myungsoo.

The two went stand at the side and then it was Yu’s turn. When her back was turned, the boys stood their coolly for a moment making no sound. Woohyun was the first to make his move and went to stand by her. Just as they began to count down, Sungjong also went to stand behind her. When she turned round, she jumped slightly rather surprised.

“Who do you want for your partner?” asked Dongwoo.

Without a second thought, Yu grabbed a hold of Sungjong and dragged him away to join to Seoyun and Sungyeol. Woohyun dropped to the ground rather dramatically.

“WAEEEE!” he whined loudly.

“Sungjongie is cute,” stated Yu as if the answer was obvious.

“Then what am I?”

“Greasy…” she replied bluntly.

Woohyun hung his head, and went back to join his group. Next up was Yoonmi who stood their feeling a little nervous. She wasn’t sure if anyone would pick her since she was quieter than some of the other members.

“Ooooh!” teased Yu and Seoyun loudly causing Yoonmi to feel a little confused about the situation. When it was time to turn around, she laughed in embarrassment, staring at the three boys who looked at her hopefully. Woohyun was once more there – clearly just hoping someone would pick him. Myungsoo and Sunggyu were there also, hoping to be picked.

“Hmm… I choose Sunggyu-sshi,” she smiled. The leader looked at the other two smugly, sticking his tongue out at them childishly.

Second to last was Jinah. She stood there confidently, one hand on her hip as she tried to listen to people moving around behind her. No one moved.

“Three… Two…”

There was a quick scuffle.

“One… turn around.”

Jinah spun around slowly, wondering who had moved at the last minute. She groaned mentally as she saw Dongwoo standing there behind her and she had no other choice but to accept it.

“Fine…” she mumbled as Dongwoo laughed happily.

Mei Rin stood with her back to everyone, the final one to get a partner. The final three boys; Woohyun, Hoya and Myungsoo all lined up behind her. Whether it was because they wanted to be her partner or just because they didn’t want to be the ones without a partner was unsure.

“Uhm…” Mei Rin pondered over the three of them for a moment once she turned round. Woohyun was probably only there because he just wanted to be picked by anyone, but she didn’t want to be his partner.

“… Hoya-sshi,” she decided.

Myungsoo and Woohyun cried out in disappointment as Hoya and Mei Rin joined the other couples.

“We don’t have to be partners right?” asked Myungsoo worriedly. The PD shook her head though.

“You two are the MC’s,”

Woohyun and Myungsoo pondered over this for a moment, and then high fived each other in happiness as if they got the best deal after all. Woohyun went straight into MC mode (again) while Myungsoo couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“Now that our couples have been chosen—“

“What was that!? We can’t hear you!” shouted Dongwoo, interrupting him on purpose.

“YAH! You don’t need to, go away!” Woohyun told him.

“It’s time to start the games!” ended Myungsoo for Woohyun, causing the older to complain because he never got to say it.

“Let’s play!” Woohyun yelled into the camera as if his words were final.

 

The girls weren’t sure if this was going to be fun… or just plain torture for them.



 

Author's Note.

Sorry this took so long. I had half of it wrote out ages ago but then I couldn't finish it, and then I didn't like it XD and just mehhh. Finally managed to write it up though :D

 

Oh I changed my username too... so Always2oclock is now Yixicorn :D