[Chapter 6] MTV: Life of a Rookie Episode 2

LIMITED ☁ 리미티드 ☁ New Girl Group ☁ [Hiatus]

 

The girls had been up since 6am. Why? It was the day of their first concert which they would be holding with B1A4. They had been practicing all week for it with also some special performances for the crowd that would be attending. After arriving at the venue, rehearsals began almost instantly starting with the last track of their album – 'Shake ur Body’ for the opening. Jinyoung and Gongchan were going to be the MC’s for the concert, and would be talking to the girls at several occasions thought out the concert. Overall, the concert would presumably last around an hour and a half if they could keep to the schedule and there were no mistakes.

At 9, the girls were finally able to get a small break so they could have breakfast and a small rest before they continued.

“I hate early mornings,” grumbled Yu, clearly displeased at having to be awake so early.

“You’re only just complaining?” asked Jinah.

“I was too tired to complain earlier,” she argued in defence causing the others to laugh at her. She drank her way through a cup of coffee before claiming another one for herself.

“Hey leave us some food!”

Sandeul bounded over with the rest of B1A4 following. Sandeul plonked himself down beside Seoyun and the younger girl rested her head on his shoulder with a tired sigh.

“Is my Seoyunnie tired?” he teased playfully.

“Mm, a little,” she replied, glancing up at him slightly. He held out some of the bagel he had stolen from the table and she took a small bite of it before he finished it off himself.

Jinyoung was going to sit beside Yu however Gongchan beat him too it and stuck his tongue out playfully at the leader. Jinyoung smiled back and just took a seat beside the younger boy instead. Glancing at Yu just for a second, the girl shrugged her shoulders back at him before turning her attention to the maknae who so clearly adored her.

“How are you all feeling?” asked CNU curiously. They were being filmed all day, so it made for some conversation about how the girls were feeling.

“It’ll be fun,” grinned Yu.

“You think everything will be fun,” Seoyun told her.

“Well there’s no point being negative about it, is there? As long as we do our best, that’s all that matters.”

“Yunnie is right,” nodded Mei Rin. “We just give it our all, nothing can go wrong if we do our best. “

~~

 

Finally, it was time for the concert to begin. For their first performance, each girl wore a different coloured rara skirt – similar to the colours that B1A4 wore for their ignition promotions. It was a fun performance to start the concert with. When it finished, the girls stepped back, allowing for Jinyoung and Gongchan to make their way onto the stage.

“Annyeonghaseyo!  Jinyoung imnida!”

“And Gongchan imnida! Is everyone having fun? We’re going to be today’s MCs.”

The crowd cheered out happily as Gongchan smiled brightly at the crowd.

“What do you think of our juniors huh? Pretty good right?” Jinyoung said. “Let’s have them introduce their selves!”

“Here for now, we are LIMITED! Annyeonghaseyo. LIMITED imnida,” they bowed.

The two boys clapped for them along with the crowd and then Jinyoung checked his cards for a second before turning back to the girls. He asked them to introduce themselves and then they went on to talk about their debut for a few minutes. Then it was time for the next performance – The girls performed the second track of their album 'Going Crazy'.

“Waaa, we have competition I think,” grinned Jinyoung as he came back onto the stage.

“Ah never hyung!” scoffed Gongchan teasingly.

“So, we’ll be talking to the girls again soon. We have two more performances before we do so….”

 

[Backstage]

“I’m nervous,” muttered Seoyun as she stood at on the platform with Sandeul that would rise up slowly.

“Don’t be, you’ll do great,” Sandeul told her in return. “Just not better than me.”

“Real nice Deullie,” she replied with a roll of her eyes. She took a quick sip of water.

“I was joking. Be honoured though, this is my solo song. Not anyone can sing it.”

Seoyun grinned, knowing it was Sandeul’s way of supporting her.

“People are going to get the wrong idea with us singing this together.”

“Yeah, you’ll get tons of hate mail probably,” he teased.

“Pssh, you’re not that popular… oh, they’ve finished talking.”

They both took a deep breath and then the platform started to rise. The music for Sandeul’s solo song ‘Crush’ started to play.

 

“Oppa! Help me!” wailed Yu, rushing over to Baro.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, a little alarmed but the way she clung onto his arm.

“I forgot that move, you know the one I kept getting wrong!”

“Aish, not now! Here…” Baro dragged her where they had a little more space and then stood behind her, placing one hand on her waist as they stood in position. “It’s just like this. When I step this way, you step the other then I take your hand and you go out that way. Twirl back and you duck under.”

“Let’s do it once through properly,” she suggested. Baro huffed slightly but agreed. The others didn’t seem to have a problem with it so he didn’t get why Yu couldn’t remember that little bit.

Jinyoung watched the two, his eyes narrowing slightly the more Baro touched Yu. He hated the way they had been paired up but most of it went on height. Though he and Baro was the same height – it just worked out that way it seemed. He didn’t have a say in it.

“Hyung? What you looking at?” asked Gongchan curiously. Jinyoung jumped and blushed a faint shade of pink realised that he had been staring at the two.

“Uhm nothing,” he told the maknae.

“Oh… well it’s almost our turn to perform. You might want to tell Baro hyung.”

“Ah… uhm yeah…” Jinyoung couldn’t help but stutter slightly. He went over and waited until Baro had finished before coughing loudly to get their attention.

“We’ll be going on stage in a minute.”

“Okay hyung, we were just practicing,” Baro smiled back at him. Jinyoung gave him a half-hearted smile in return before walking away. Yu frowned slightly, wondering why he never said anything to her.

“Oppa, you better go!”

 

[On stage]

After B1A4 performed ‘Beautiful Target’, the girls went back on stage for another conversation with the boys.

“Okay! We have some questions from the fans,” Jinyoung told them cheerily. “The first one is… well it’s more of a request. They want to see you do the sprout dance.”

“Why doesn’t our lead dancer do it for us,” suggested Jinah, trying to get herself out of it as she volunteered Yu for it.

“EH!?” replied Yu. “Can’t we do it together?” She turned to look at Jinyoung, who gave her a playful smirk.

“Excellent idea! Reign-sshi…”

She shot him a glare before smiling back to the crowd, putting aside her pride and doing the sprout dance. Gongchan however helped her out and went beside her, joining in.

“Ahh, well done!” laughed Jinyoung. “The next question is… do any of the members have any sleeping habits and what are the sleeping arrangements?”

“Mei Rin, Reign and Seoyun share a room together, and myself and Yoonmi share a room,” Jinah told them. “Uhm…  Yoonmi can be quite a deep sleep so she doesn’t have any habits but her dog sleeps in our room too – he can be a little annoying.”

“What about Jinah-sshi?” asked Gongchan to Yoonmi.

“Uhm – Usually I fall asleep first so I wouldn’t really know.” The girls all laughed at her honesty.

“What about the other girls.”

“Mei Rin sleep talks,” grinned Yu.

“But not in Korean,” pouted Seoyun. “On the first night, she fell asleep and she was mumbling lots of things in Chinese. I couldn’t understand a word she was saying!”

“It was quite funny,” smiled Yu. Mei Rin covered her face in embarrassment, taking a mental note to get the two girls back for teasing her on stage in front of the fans.

“Okay, next question before we move on with the next lot of performances. How do you girls feel knowing that you are actually up against each other? Do you get competitive?”

“Rather than getting competitive, right now we’re focussing on working as a team and showing the fans what we can do. I hope we’ll be able to show our individual talents in the future though,” replied Jinah.

“Jinah and Seoyun can be quite competitive at times, they don’t always get along because their personalities clash quite a lot,” Yu stated, causing the two girls to shoot a glare at her for revealing such a thing. “It’s always a lot of fun,” Yu said however, hoping to redeem herself slightly from their looks. It never worked.

 

Jinah and CNU then put on a rather y performance together as they sang and danced to ‘My Ear’s Candy’, it even left the others feeling rather shocked despite the fact that they had already seen it. It definitely wasn’t going to be a performance that the fans would forget so quickly. Jinah was rather pleased with the reaction they got from the crowd and came off stage looking quite happy. Yu and Yoonmi where then next on stage putting on a vigorous performance as they covered EXO’s Time Control teaser almost the exact same. There had been doubts whether they could actually pull it off, but it went extremely well though Yoonmi still looked a tad disappointed when she came off stage. Following their performance, was Mei Rin and Baro’s, together they performed ‘Just follow’, showing off their rapping skills together.

“We’re almost at the end now,” announced Jinyoung as he stepped onto the stage once more. “What do you think? Aren’t the girls talented?”

“I think they’re more talented than you hyung,” Gongchan smiled, causing the crowd to laugh.

“Nah!” shrugged of Jinyoung playfully. “We’ve had an awesome time today, I hope you will all support LIMITED! And look forward to what else they’ll show!”

There was one more group performance between B1A4 and LIMITED, it turned out that Yu had nothing to worry about as she pulled of her moves flawlessly with the help of Baro. Mei Rin was paired up with Gongchan, Jinah and CNU were together once again, Yoonmi and Sandeul and finally Seoyun and Jinyoung together. They pulled off a great collaboration and then the girls ended with their debut song ‘Like This Like That’.

~~

 

“It’s kind of good that we have female counterparts now,” Sandeul said as they were saying good bye to the girls who were busy climbing into their car.

“I know what you mean,” agreed Baro. “It was fun though I don’t really want to work with Yu again.”

“Why? You two looked good together,” Sandeul teased, poking Baro in the ribs.

“Yeah well… what about you and Seoyun huh?” shot back Baro.

“That will never happen,” smirked Sandeul. “We’d kill each other first.”

“Now now kids, stop arguing,” grinned Yu from the back seat, not having heard the start of the conversation.

“Today was fun,” smiled Yoonmi as she rested her head on Seoyun’s shoulder, already prepared to sleep.

“Jinah unnie, you like totally owned the stage with CNU oppa,” grinned Seoyun.

“Of course, what else would you expect from me,” she replied. “I own any stage I’m on because I’m that fabulous.”

“Oh god… here she goes again,” muttered Yu. “Can we go oppa!?” she yelled at Himseok.

“Ne, say good bye then,” he told them.

“Annyeong,” they waved towards the boys before Mei Rin slide the door shut so they could drive off. All of them were thinking the same thing – they wanted their beds. 



 

Author's Note.

OMG this took so long to write XD It's kinda more rushed near the end I think but if I described everything, I would have to split it and I just didn't want to do that XD The plan for the next chapter has changed a little because it made sense to swap some of my ideas around. It should still hopefully be good though ^-^

There's not really any camera interaction - it gets hard to write all the time.