[Chapter 5] MTV: Life of a Rookie Episode 1 --- Part 2

LIMITED ☁ 리미티드 ☁ New Girl Group ☁ [Hiatus]

 

[10:20am]

Entering the dorm, despite it being fairly average – it was still a pretty exciting experience. There was an open living room area with a Kitchen attached to it. From the living room, two small bedrooms could be found as well as the small bathroom. There was also one more room which looked as though the previous owner had turned it into a small walk in wardrobe kind of room. It had rails going right round it and shelves clearly for shoes. The apartment was lightly furnished with the necessities so there wasn’t much that would have to hurry out and buy. In terms of decoration, it was all fairly neutral. The living room/kitchen was a light creamy colour and the bathroom was a light green. The bedroom again followed the same theme as the living room.

“Right, make sure you girls memorise the code just so no one is locked out,” Himseok told them as he stretched out.

They nodded in response and then went to have a better look around before eventually returning to the living room.

“How are we deciding to sleeping arrangements?” asked Yoonmi.

“Is there’s anyone who absolutely don’t want to be paired up with someone?” asked Mei Rin

Instantly Jinah and Seoyun pointed to each other and Yu couldn’t help but giggle in amusement at the two girls who acted as if they were shocked at one each other.

“Well since it’s worked out that way, we don’t you guys both choose someone, and then play rock paper scissors for the final person since one of the room are going to have three of us in one room,” suggested Mei Rin.

“Whose choosing first?” asked Seoyun.

“We’ll play for it,” said Jinah.

After the first game, it was Jinah who beat Seoyun.

“Okay… I choose… Yoonmi,” Jinah said.

“Fine, I choose Mei Rin then.”

“Why am I last?” complained Yu but she never really got a response to her question.

Playing rock paper scissors once more, Jinah once again beat Seoyun meaning Yu was to share with with Seoyun and Mei Rin.

“Girls you have about an hour and a half before we have to leave for rehearsals,” called out Himseok somewhere from the background, probably behind the camera crew.

The girls each unpacked their clothes in the wardrobe room. Mei Rin, Yoonmi and Jinah each got their own wall – Yu and Seoyun had to share but neither girl really minded too much.

 

[1:30pm]

Jinah sat with her phone in one hand and the performance schedule in her other hand, looking at both in turn. The phone was playing some drama show that Jinah hadn’t had the chance to catch up with lately so she was hoping to catch up with the episodes she had missed lately. At the same time, her hair was being done by the hair stylist too and she interacted with the camera.

“As you can see I’m getting my hair done for tonight’s performance. We have our rehearsal at 3pm and then we’ll be second on stage. Because we’re rookies, we’re not very well known so we’re near the beginning. The better known groups always go at the end.”

She went back to ignoring the camera since she was paying more attention to the TV drama she was watching on her phone. She couldn’t really do much until her hair and make-up was finished.

 

Seoyun who was also in the middle of getting her hair done, called out to Yoonmi who had just finished.

“Unnie, can you get me some peace flavoured water please?” she asked sweetly.

“You don’t have to use that tone with me, I’d have done it for you anyway,” laughed Yoonmi, slightly amused by the maknae. “Do we have some here?”

“You might have to go to the shop across the road,” Seoyun suggested.

“Such a troublesome maknae,” tease Yoonmi but it was all in good nature of course. She nodded her head though – there wasn’t much else to do until the others were ready anyway so it would pass ten minutes or so.

“Oppa, I’m just popping out for a moment,” she told Himseok, just so he didn’t worry about a member going missing.

“Mm, okay. Don’t be long though!”

As Yoonmi headed out, she just so happened to meet up with Seohyun and waved in acknowledgement.

“Yoonmi, where are you going?” asked Seohyun.

“I was just going across to the shop,” smiled Yoonmi.

“I’ll come with you… if that’s okay?”

“Of course!”

The two girls went together, taking the time to catch up with each other as they did.

“Your debut was really good,” Seohyun praised.

“Ah thank you. I really like your song. You were finally beaten though huh?” laughed Yoonmi.

“It was bound to happen. INFINITE deserved to win,” Seohyun said. “So I heard you’re in a group with Yixing’s sister,” Seohyun stated as she casually changed the topic.

“Yeah,” nodded Yoonmi as she took a couple bottles of water out of the fridge, making sure that they were peach flavoured otherwise Seoyun would complain.

“Is that it? Yeah?” laughed Seohyun.

“Uhm… well yeah,” Yoonmi replied, trying to avoid the route that Seohyun was trying to take the conversation. She made an attempt to change it before Seohyun could ask any more questions. “Have you spoken to Kyuhyun oppa lately?”

“Ah! They just had another concert here in Seoul,” Seohyun told her. “You didn’t know?”

“I haven’t had to time really to keep up with anything to so I’m a little behind with my friends and what’s going on. I’ve been focussing really hard on this debut because I want to do well.”

“Ah! Well don’t work yourself too hard okay? Your members will worry about you.”

“Don’t worry, I’m fine,” smiled Yoonmi gratefully as she finished paying and they headed back. “Seoyunnie is probably complaining that she’s dying of thirst so I better head back.”

“Good luck with today’s performance.”

“You too”

 

[5:30pm]

“Rehearsal went really well,” Yu told the camera as they watched the final last minute performance before they would soon start recording the proper show.

“I don’t know… I’m sure I heard your voice crack.”

Yu jumped and spun around to see a teasing Gongchan grinning back at her.

“Aish you,” threated Yu, raising her fist as if she was going to hit him. “What are you here for anyway?

“Can’t I come talk to my favourite noona?” he pouted.

“You’re too cute for your own good,” Yu shot back at him. “… Sandeul and Seoyun aren’t together right?”

“Jinyoung hyung told Sandeul to stay away from her for the time being.”

“Ah… that’s good,” nodded Yu. “Where’s oppa though?” she asked curiously, wondering where Jinyoung was. She jumped again when someone covered her eyes from behind.

“Whose your favourite oppa?”

“Hmm… CNU?” replied Yu teasingly.

“Aish…” Jinyoung muttered as he removed his hands. Yu spun around and giggled playfully as Jinyoung pretended to be annoyed with her.

“Oppa looks handsome. I see they changed your outfits.”

“You like?” Jinyoung instantly brightened up at her compliment. “I like this more than the cowboy theme. Speaking of that though… what happened to our sombrero… Yunnie?”

“Don’t know what you’re talking about,” she replied airily with a mischievous look.

“I’m sure you don’t,” laughed Jinyoung. “Anyway, do well on stage okay? Come on Channie.”

“Annyeong,” waved Gongchan as the two boys left together. It was almost time for the girls to go on stage again. It was still just as nerve-racking as the first time but yet just as exciting too. It was their dream.

 

[10:45pm]

Tuning on the lights to the dorm, the girls practically collapsed onto the living room rather tired, it had been a rather long day for them but it was nothing that they didn’t expect, and they knew their schedules would no doubt become even busier as they became more popular.

“Is anyone hungry?” asked Mei Rin however the girls all declined. It was probably a good thing since they hadn’t really had the chance to do any grocery shopping so their food was rather limited at the moment. Mei Rin glanced at the clock.

“Lights out at midnight then so we can get up early,” she suggested to the others.

“But I’m not tired,” replied Seoyun.

“You will be in the morning if you don’t go to bed. No matter how awake you feel you shouldn’t stay awake because then it messed up with your body clock and it makes it even harder to stay awake when you need to.”

Seoyun just stared back at her blankly and Mei Rin let out a soft sigh.

“I’m going to make my bed,” she told them.

Deciding they might as well, the others followed suit separating into their rooms.

Jinah and Yoonmi each had their own single futon to sleep on, it was just a matter of rolling them out and getting the blankets out of the cupboard. In the other room, Mei Rin had claimed the single futon, leaving Yu and Seoyun to share the double.

“You don’t kick or anything do you?” asked Yu.

“I don’t think so…” shrugged Seoyun. The maknae got up and went to look in the mirror so she could take her contacts out, replacing them for a pair of glasses. Yu decided to make herself comfy in the process.

“You better not or you can sleep on the floor.”

“You’ll be the one sleeping on the floor if I kick you,” smirk Seoyun.

The two girls chatted for a while, not realising that Mei Rin had fallen asleep.

 

“Don’t be mean…” murmured Mei Rin in mandarin.

“Huh? Unnie?” called out Yu, totally confused at the sudden Chinese.

“That’s mine… give it back Yixing.”

“Is she awake? What is she even saying?” whispered Seoyun. Yu giggled slightly understanding every word.

“Big meanie! I’m telling!”

“Yunnie… what’s she saying?” whined Seoyun, not understanding.

“Nothing much, let’s go to sleep,” suggested Yu, deciding to keep the amusing situation to herself. She could always tease Mei Rin about it in the morning. Seoyun sighed as Yu wouldn’t tell her and turned her back to the older girl in a slight huff, wrapping the blanket around her. Yun decided to stop listening to the leader’s solo conversation and yanked some of the blanket away from Seoyun so that she could go to sleep too. At least she would have something to reveal about Mei Rin on a variety show.



 

Author's Note.

So incase you missed it; here is the break down of the lyrics. http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/222082 

You can also find the link on chapter 1 with other links to the album songs ^-^

This concludes Ep.1 ... Ep.2 will probably only be one chapter since it's not overly exciting - just more LIMITED and B1A4 interaction. But Ep.3 get's better - promise! I have great stuff planned for Ep. 3 After this little show, we'll start getting into the competitive stuff hehe.