Chapter XIV

Condemned Love

Heena's POV
--------------------

In the end, both of them stayed there until Nat and me ended work in the cafe. Both of them followed us home and decided to have a little talk.

Hope it's talk, not quarrels.

Anyway, the way Jonghyun oppa called Nat's name in the cafe, their relationship must be complicated.

I swallowed hard and stared at the ground, playing with my fingers like a nervous kid.

"So, how's life." Nat asked, facing Jonghyun oppa with a smile on her face.

The kind of smile that I've seen million times. The cheerful smile.

"How's life?" He repeated after her, Taemin's eyes were on me the entire time and I'm lost for word that I could only listen to their conversation.

"You're asking me how's life? What do you mean? You mean the life after you left me?" Jonghyun oppa sounded agitated.

"Hee baby," Taemin stood up and my heart skipped a beat at his voice.

Hee baby, for the three months, I'm missing this two words.

"Let's go to a room." He pulled me by my wrist and left the living room.




I sat on the edge of my bed with him beside me.

"So what are you doing here?" I popped a question, still not looking in his eyes.

"For a meeting. What about you?"

"I.."

"Appajee gave you ticket and asked you to come?" He asked accusingly.

I sighed and looked randomly in my room.

"Natasha..." I glanced at Taemin when he ran a hand through his brown hair.

This guy, he was blonde in Junior high, red in High school and now brown?..

"She's Jonghyun's first love." He sighed and fell his back on my bed.

"She left him. Jonghyun cried for days and nights. He goes without food for a week and I swear he almost die."

I gasped and my eyes widen. The cheerful Jonghyun oppa, had this kind of past?

He sighed and closed his eyes.

"I thought he was pathetic and useless when he almost died for a girl. Until..."

He paused and took a deep breath, I watched as his chest rose up and fell back down.

"Until you left me. I finally understood what kind of pain he's going through at that time. Seriously, I thought I was dying too because I felt that my heart had been stolen and I can't find it because you, Heena, you took it with you when you left."

I felt a sharp pain in my chest and I begged the tears not to fall.

"You're getting married right? How's the girl. Is she good to you?" I asked the dumbest question on earth and frankly speaking, I don't feel like hearing the answer. I don't want to hear him praising another girl.

Why in the world did I ask that question..? Ugh.

"She's perfect. She had a model figure, a nicely V-shaped face, almond-shaped eyes with pointy nose. Her lips were heart-shaped and she looked best when she smiled. She's 174cm tall with waist 58cm."

I felt as though someone just stabbed me in the heart, he know her so well and from the way he described her, she's like a fallen angel.

What am I? I'm nothing.

What is he? He's a prince. She's a fallen angel. They're the perfect match. I'm just nothing.

I sniffed my nose once and quickly flicked away the tear that's gonna drop from my eyes.

"She's perfect for everyone but not me." He added, he sat up and hugged me from the back, encircling me with his long arms.

"Why? Why did you want to leave me?" He whispered into my ear and I can't helped but to start tearing.

The loneliness I had in my heart for the whole three months, the tears that I'd kept in me for the whole three months had been released all at once. I felt weak and I collapsed in his warm embrace. I miss him so much.

The smell of peppermint.

"Please. Come back. Please." He snuggled his head against my neck and I felt his warm breath.

"I miss you so much.. I miss you so much Hee baby.. The way you laid in my arms.. I miss you..." He sniffled up at the end of his words and the next thing I felt on my neck, was the tears that dropped from his eyes.

"But Taemin.. If I'm with you, you can't have a future.." I whimpered.

"Don't listen to Appajee's crap. I have no future if there's no you in it." He pulled away from the hug and gently placed his lips on mine.

"I love you." He mumbled.


"WHY ARE YOU PRETENDING EVERY THING'S FINE?" Both of us jumped at Jonghyun oppa's voice.

I looked at Taemin and he quickly pulled me out of the room and entered the living room.

Jonghyun oppa stood there with tears cascading down his high cheek bone, his eyes were puffy and red and they looked like he had been crying since forever.

"Is everything not fine?" Nat asked with no expression on her face. She stared blankly out of the window and pursed her bottom lip out.

"I see, it must be easy for you to leave me that's why you weren't feeling anything now." Jonghyun oppa whispered but his voice echoed throughout the room.

"It's hard for me though. Because I love you so much that I lost myself."

I took a glance at Nat and realised her body was trembling badly and her fists were tightly clenched.

"It wasn't easy for me." She said, "the reason why I left you was because I don't want you to cry for me."

"And you think by leaving me, I won't cry?"

"Trust me, if I leave you, you will cry for a period of time. But if I don't, you will cry forever..." Nat's world trailed off into whispers before collapsing on the hard ground.

I wanted to go over and hug her but Taemin's grip on my wrist turned tighter and he signalled me to stay out of it.

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun oppa walked over to her and squatted down.

His eyes widen and his hand slowly reach out to Nat's head.

With a swift pull, he pulled off the beanie and what was revealed shocked all of us. Jonghyun oppa suddenly let out heavy sobs and he covered his mouth with his other hand.

"I've leukemia." Nat said through her sobs.

"Why didn't you tell me.." Jonghyun oppa pulled her in for a hug with his hand on Nat's bald head.

I grabbed Taemin's arm and squeezed it. So the reason why she always had a beanie on was because she's bald..?

"Silly, and you lied me you had a short bob cut." I frowned and realised I'm tearing up too.

Taemin pulled me towards his chest and gently patted on my back.

This night was full of tears and happiness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taemin's POV
--------------------

Four of us went back to Seoul the following day.

Jonghyun took Natasha to his mansion and I came to the beach resort with Heena.

"Oppa, can you play me piano?" Heena tugged at my arm. I smiled and patted on her head, "anything for you my princess, but after I remove my contacts."


I walked out from the room and into the piano room. I smiled as soon as I saw Heena standing there looking out of the window.

"Hee baby." My arms crept around her waist with my chin in her shoulder.

"It's the sunset again. It's like the first time we're here." She whispered, still staring at the beautiful sun sitting on the horizon. I glanced at her face and realised how tired she looked.

I spun her around and cupped her face, "you're not eating well for the three months did you? You lost weight. Your waist seemed smaller than the last time I hugged you. And your face.." My hand caressed the side of her face, "they looked so dead."

She smiled and placed her hand over mine, "I'm okay. What about you? Your hair's brown now. You looked so mature."

"Like it? I can dye back to red if you don't like it." I smiled until she hit me playfully, "you suit any hair colour and I'm okay with it as long you're Lee Taemin."

I can't help but to smile at her words, truthfully, she's the only one I need and whatever she said, makes my day.

"You looked so tired, no piano for you." I carried her up bridal style and headed to the bedroom.

"Pfft." She rolled her eyes and secured her arms around my neck.

I placed her on the bed and snuggled up against her.

"Finally. Get to sleep with you after three months. It's so torturing to sleep alone you know?" I sighed.

"Taemin, what about the gi-"

"Hee baby."

"Fine."

My lips stretched into a smile as I closed my eyes and tightening my arms around her body. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OMG OMG OMG GUYS?! IT'S 18TH JULY IT'S MY TAEMIN OPPA'S BIRTHDAY YO!!! 

Taedrive.gif

I'M DITCHING MY STUDY TIME TO COME UPLOAD THIS BECAUSE IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY OMGGGG!! 

HAPPY TWENTAE LEE TAEMIN !!!