Chapter X

Condemned Love

 

Heena's POV

 

--------------------

I took in a deep breath trying to calm my racing heart.

Damn it's just a coffee with your father, what are you nervous about?!

"Having summer break?" His hoarse voice asked. I nodded without looking at him.

I stared at my cup of coffee, looking at my own reflection in it. Pfft, this is nerve-wrecking man.

"Taemin..." He started, "neh?" I looked up at him and met his eyes.

"He's getting married."

My eyes widen in shock and for a moment, I forgot to breath.

"CEO of AFG entertainment called me just now. He loves Taemin's arrogant attitude and he would want him to become his son-in-law. I agreed to the marriage."

"W-w-why.. W-why are you telling me t-this?" I stuttered, fighting back the tears.

"Because," he leaned forward and locked gaze with me, "I know he loves you and that both of you are together."

I swallowed the lump that sat in my throat, my attention was diverted to the envelop on the table that he slide it over to me, "here's an air ticket to Busan. When you're ready to leave. Leave."

I remained silent as my eyes were fixed on the envelop, "you know that he's going to take over the corp when he's 21 don't you? If he gets married with the daughter of one of our partner's organisation, it can really affect how the corp will become in the future and of course, the changes are good."

I didn't look up; I rubbed my fingers against my skirt and fidgeted with them occasionally.

"If you still don't get it. I'm trying to say that if he gets married this time, it will be good for his future."

He sighed and stood up, "well, that's all. I've to go back to Taiwan. Taemin's there alone," he gave me a half-hearted smile.

"Neh, take care Appa," I whispered, not knowing whether it is for me or him to hear.

I stared back at my cup of coffee. I haven't even drink a sip of it and the conversation is over. I looked at my own reflection until a drop of tear broke the smooth surface of the coffee.

He's getting married.. And the bride isn't me.







"Yeobosayo?"

"Hee baby. Have you had your dinner? Mianhae, I was busy since I woke up so I don't have the time to call you."

I felt like crying the moment I heard his voice. He's so far away, and he will never be back.

I started to sniffle up a little as I chewed on my ramen.

"Yeah I'm eating now. What about you?" I tried to sound as okay as I could and I put my chopsticks down.

"Yup I'm having my dinner now. What are you eating?"

"I'm eati-" I sighed and cleared my throat, getting rid of the lump in it. "I'm eating ramen."

 

"Really? I'm eating ramen too," he laughed at the end of his words and finally, tears began to form in my dry eyes.

"Hee baby, I miss you." 

Yeah I miss you too. In fact, I miss you a lot.

"Really? Ha," I sniffed my nose and picked up my chopsticks, "have a good rest after your dinner then. Bye Taemin," I said and hung up on him.

I stared at the ramen and looked around me; the other customers in the shop were looking at me as I cry. I ignored them and stabbed my chopsticks into the bowl of ramen. Picking up two strands of noddle, I put them in my mouth and chewed it slowly.

 


Taemin. You don't know that you're getting married?

I chewed on the noodles with the warm tears cascading down my pink cheeks.

I must have looked pathetic now, eating and crying at the same time.






 

 

 

 



Taemin's POV
--------------------

She didn't say she miss me.

She called me Taemin instead of Oppa.

She hung up on me.

I stared at my phone and forgot to chew my food.

"Mr Lee?" Secretary Jung called me, "neh?" I swallowed the food in my mouth without finish chewing them.

"President Lee wants to see you after this."

"For?" I asked and picked up noodles with my chopsticks, stuffing them into my mouth.

"I've no idea,"

"I don't want to see him. I'm going back to the hotel after this. I'm dead tired," I shook my head and stabbed my chopsticks into the ramen again.

"Then I'll come and see you,"

My ears perked at the voice and my head flew up immediately, "Appajee," I cleared my throat and put down my utensil.

I watched as Secretary Jung get up from the chair and stood aside while my father settle himself comfortably in it.

"Taemin-ah," he started, "it's time you get married."

"What?!"

I swear I almost vomit out my ramen.

"To who?!" I hollered and frowned at him.

"AFG entertainment's CEO's daughter."

"What the fu-" I faked a cough before continuing; crap I almost said the F word in front of my old man. "I don't even know who the daughter of that old guy is!"

"So what if you know? It won't change anything whether you know her or not because you're marrying her for sure," he said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"I'm not marrying anyone," I firmly said, brows knitted together and arms crossed.

"Oh really? Come on, just get married. It's just that the bride isn't your Hee baby," he bluntly said and I stared right at him.

This old man..

"You know what?" I leaned forward to the table and our gaze locked.

"I Lee Taemin," I whispered, "will not marry anyone but my Hee baby."

I yanked the napkin away from my lap while I stood up.

No one is taking Hee baby away from me. No one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heena's POV
--------------------

I laid flat on the bed.

Should I even be here?

I asked myself and looked around the room. I'm back in Taemin's beach resort, in his room, lying on his bed which he claimed to be ours.

I turned to my left and reached out to touch the pillow, my hand slowly clenched into a fist and I pounded it hard on the pillow. Smell of peppermint infused into my nose and I felt like crying again.

He's going to get married. He's getting married already. He can't be with you forever, he's your brother. He's supposed to only be your brother. What do you think you're thinking by becoming his girlfriend?

Ugh... So annoying!

"But I love you..." I mumbled to myself and closed my eyes; tears fell from the side of my face and sunk into my pillow.







My ears perked at the roar of the thunder and my eyes fluttered open.

It's raining?

I propped myself up on one arm and rubbed my sleepy eyes. I looked to the right and glanced out of the window, I could see the lightning strike from the night sky and thunder roar comes right after. I covered my ears and turned to the left.

And I swear my heart almost stop.

Taemin's face was just an inch away from mine, I looked down and realized that his arms were around my waist.

Am I hallucinating..?

I reached out to touch his face but knowing that he's a light sleeper, I stopped in the midair. Suddenly, the thunder roared louder this time and a scream escaped from my mouth.

I sat up straight, hugging my knees and covering my ears. Taemin's arms dropped from my waist and he woke up immediately. 

 

"Hee baby?" His raspy voice called and he looked out of the window.

"Ahh.. It's raining," he rubbed his eyes and sat up to wrap his arms around me.

"Taemin.." I murmured silently, "Taemin..."

"Hee baby? What's wrong? Why are you trembling more than ever?" He tightens the hug and whispered into my ear.

In this kind of thunderstorm night, my parents passed away. I got adopted by Lee's family and I fell in love with my Oppa Lee Taemin. He loves me more than himself and we're together. Today, my father told me that Taemin has to get married. I came to realised that Taemin was my brother. He cannot and won't be my boyfriend. In this kind of thunderstorm night, I've to give up my love.

I hate stormy nights.

"W-why are y-you here?" I stared at him with my watery eyes.

"I came back in the midnight. Got into an argument with Appajee," he sighed and snuggled against my body.

"W-why?"

"Because he-"

I waited for him to finish his sentence but he never did, he smiled and kissed my forehead, "forget it. I miss you."

He laid me down on the bed and wrapped his arms around me tightly with my head in his chest. The steady rhythm of his heartbeat travelled into my ears telling me that this is reality.

"I love you oppa," I whispered.

"I love you too dongsaeng," he chuckled right after that. "I love you Hee baby."

Dongsaeng.

Yeah, I'm his dongsaeng.

Supposed to be.

I bit my tongue to prevent sobs from escaping, I shut my eyes so tight because I'm afraid that tears might wake him up. I curled myself into ball because the sad feeling that took over my body caused it to tremble a lot more than it should.

I have to leave, before everything is too late.



 

 

 





Taemin's POV
--------------------

"Secretary Jung, book me a ticket back to Seoul now."

"What? Mr Lee, it'-"

"Now," I raised my voice a little and closed my eyes.

Dammit. Want me to get married? Are you ting me? Who am I? Not only I've to take over your company, now I've to get married with a I don't even know? Is this the ing life that a son should get because his Appajee is a ing rich person? Then I would rather be a poor kid.

Would I meet Heena if I'm a poor kid? Perhaps not.








I went to my beach resort the moment I landed in Seoul. I looked at my watch as it shows 00:58. Heena should be sleeping now.

I slowly open the door and stepped into the house, warmth feeling invaded my heart and I smiled at the thought of coming home with my favourite girl waiting for me. Except that she's sleeping.

After removing my contact lens and loosen my tie, my body failed me. I'm too tired to bath so I went straight to the room and crawled onto the bed.

"Goodnight Hee baby," I pecked a kiss on her forehead before realising that there's tears stain on the side of her face. My hand touched out to touch the pillow and felt a little wet.

She cried herself to sleep..?

I lay down next to her and hugged her to sleep. "Didn't I say not to cry when I'm not around? You idiot," I whispered.







I flinched a little and felt that my arms weren't on warm body anymore, my eyes slowly opened and found Heena hugging her knees on the bed.

"Hee baby?" My raspy voice called and I looked out of the window.

"Ahh.. It's raining," I rubbed my eyes and wrapped my arms around her.

"Taemin.." She murmured silently, "Taemin..."

How come the way she called my name seemed so sad and hurting? Why is she trembling so hard?

"Hee baby? What's wrong? Why are you trembling more than ever?" I tighten the hug and whispered into her ear.

"W-why are y-you here?" She stared at me and if my vision was working well, her eyes were teary.

"I came back in the midnight. Got into an argument with Appajee," I sighed and snuggled against her body.

"W-why?"

"Because he-"

Did she know that I'm going to get married? Maybe she doesn't then I'm not going to tell her. I smiled and kissed her forehead, "forget it. I miss you."

I pushed her down onto the bed gently and pulled her close to me.

"I love you oppa," she whispered softly.

"I love you too dongsaeng," I chuckled. "I love you Hee baby."

She curled herself into a ball under my arms and I stared at her petite body.

A small smile stretched my lips and I could feel nothing but happiness.

Don't you love it when you get to cuddle with the one you love on bed at night? I've always love the way she lays perfectly in my arms.

I was in pure-happiness-mode until some thoughts hit me in the face.

Did she already know about the marriage?

Appajee came back to Seoul this morning and he returned to Taiwan at the evening. Did he come specifically to tell Heena about it?

Do Heena actually know about the marriage before I do?

Is that why she cried herself to sleep?

Is that why she called me Taemin instead of Oppa on the phone just now?

Is that why she didn't say she miss me when I said I miss her on the phone because she was feeling guilty about being my girlfriend when we were supposed to be siblings?


Great. Now all the puzzles fit.

 

 

 

 

 

HELLO! THE POSTER IS UP A.L.R.E.A.D.Y.

COMMENTS!