The Moon Represents My Heart ~reicea08~

Dreams Come True... Kind Of...

I sat in the music room alone starring at the piano. As if my fingers weren’t part of my body they started playing “The Moon Represents My Heart”. Not noticing I started to cry to myself, the song brought so many memories. I still remembered the first day of high school. It was also the same day I met him. Cho Kyuhyun.

 

Four Years Ago

I walked down the silent hallways trying to find the music room. I held my violin case in one hand and my gym bag in the other. Trying to remember the instructions Mr. Choi gave me I finally made it to a door that had a sign on the door that I was looking for:

Music Room

I was about to enter when I heard a sound of a clarinet playing “The Moon Represents My Heart”. I slowly opened the door to find a tall figure facing their back to me, playing the song. Trying to not make any sound I took my violin out of the case and played along with the music. When the piece was over, I shyly put my violin away scared of the reaction of the boy in front of me.

“Who are you?” he asked finally showing my face.

I found myself unable to take my gaze away from him. Beautiful brown eyes, stunning facial features.

“My name is Minrin,” I said, slightly blushing.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun,” he smiled, extending his arm for me to take his hand.

“You play the clarinet?” I asked, then cursing myself in my mind. What kind of question was that, Minrin? Of course he plays the clarinet; he was playing it a second ago.

“Yeah,” he answered, “you play the violin?”

“And piano,” I explained.

“You took private lessons?” he asked.

“Since I was five,” I said, still feeling kind of embarrassed in front of Kyuhyun.

“Well I hope we can play together some more,” he gave me a warm smile before exiting the music room with his clarinet in his hand…

 

Three Years Ago

Kyuhyun and I became best friends since we both had the same interest in music, but as freshman year ended my parents sent me to music camp and I wasn’t able to see Kyuhyun for the whole summer. When sophomore year started everything changed. Kyuhyun was now on the basketball team and every girl wanted a date with him.

I, on the other hand, was left alone in the music room. He never once did come back to that room.

Of course I felt abandoned – Kyuhyun was the person that made my freshman year worth surviving. If it wasn’t for him, I would’ve just asked my parents to transfer me to a music school. I was considering to transfer now, but just the thought of not even saying Kyuhyun hurt me. Of course he didn’t talk to me, but I still steal glances at him during PE class whenever I can.

Two more years went by with no changes in my life. Still alone, not being noticed by anybody. While everyone went on dates I was stuck home alone listening to Beethoven. Great life, isn’t it?

Kyuhyun however had a great life. Always going on dates, being the captain of the school basketball team, and of course never noticing me.

 

Present

I shook off my thoughts and took my fingers off the piano. Why would I want the memories to come to me? Quickly gathering my things I exited the music room heading to the cafeteria. All of that playing made me hungry.

When I got there, I stood in the line, like always being ignored by everybody around me.

As soon as my turn in the line came I reached in my bag to get my wallet, but I just couldn’t find it.

“Ugh, I’m sorry I forgot my wallet,” I said to lunch lady, who glared at me.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay for her,” a sudden voice spoke.

“What?” I asked surprised.

“Don’t worry about it,” a good looking guy smiled at me.

“I’ll pay you back as soon as I can,” I said looking as apologetic as possible.

“Don’t worry about it, and you look like you have a lot of stuff on your hands, you want me to carry your tray?” he asked, not waiting for my reply taking my tray off of lunch lady’s hands.

“You r-really do-don’t have t-to,” I stuttered.

“Don’t worry about it, how about you sit with me and my friends today?” he asked, giving me a million dollar smile.

“Oh, okay,” I said kind of lost. Why would a cute guy suddenly want me to sit with his friends at lunch?

“I’m Donghae by the way. I’m on the basketball team,” Donghae explained. Oh man! That means that he’s friends with Kyuhyun.

“I’m Minrin,” I said shyly, praying that Kyuhyun wasn’t sitting at Donghae’s table.

“I know, I’ve been watching you around the school,” he smiled finally stopping at a table. Where to my not-so-much-surprise Kyuhyun greeted me with a shocked face.

“Guys this is the girl I’ve been telling you about, she’s going to sit with us today, her name is…”

“Minrin?” Kyuhyun interrupted Donghae.

“How did you know her name?” Donghae asked stunned.

“She’s in my geometry class,” Kyuhyun lied.

“Oh well since you already know Kyuhyun, this is Henry, Zhou Mi, Hangeng, Siwon, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, and Sungmin,” DOnghae introduced me to everybody at the table.

“Nice to meet you,” I said shyly finally sitting between Donghae and Siwon.

“So you play any sports?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I’m not really a sport person, more of a music person.”

“Oh really? You dance? Sing?” Reyowook asked suddenly interested in the conversation.

“Not really, I play piano and violin,” I confessed, kind of embarrassed of my hobbies at the moment.

“Oh really? I play piano too! We can play together sometime!” Reyowook clapped his hands. How could this adorable guy play basketball?

“Sure! I really missed playing duet,” I confessed more to Kyuhyun then to anybody else.

For the rest of the lunch the guys kept asking me questions about myself, and DOnghae was holding my hand under the table.

 

Next Day

After a usual morning at school I headed to lunch. I was hoping that Donghae would ask me to eat lunch with him and his friends again. It was really fun talking to them, especially Reyowook since he confessed liking classical also.

As soon as I opened the doors to the cafeteria I was greeted with something that I did NOT expect. Everybody was completely quiet, but a soft tune was playing. I recognized it immediately – The Moon Represents My Heart. I gasped at Kyuhyun standing in the middle of the cafeteria with a clarinet in his hands – playing the familiar song.

When he finished he came close to me looking straight into my eyes:

“Minrin, do you remember this song?”

“I do,” I answered not able to say anything else at the moment.

“This was the same exact song we played together four years ago in the Music Room. It was also the song because of which I fell in love. I fell in love with you. I am sorry for ignoring you all these years. I was really stupid, following what everybody else thought was cool, but I missed you. I missed playing with you. I missed the way you always made me listen to Bach before I left your house to go home. I missed having you next to me,” he smiled pulling me close to him.

Not controlling my actions I put my head on his chest, sobbing quietly. I finally could hold him again.

“I hope that you find place in your heart for me again. It was me all these years that has been pushing the guys away from you. I was incredibly jealous that they liked you. Yet I was stupid enough not to confess all this time. I hope you except my feelings.”

“I do, I love you too Cho Kyuhyun,” I said finally looking up at him with my tear filled eyes.

He smiled at me before pulling me into a breath taking kiss. My first kiss, that was with the person that I loved the most in my life.