You Light Up My Life ~mistral~

Dreams Come True... Kind Of...

You Light Up My Life - Westlife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So8TG_wpces

 

My face was buried in my pillow, struggling with the pain my chest. I kept telling myself that it would go away soon. It will leave me alone; it will let me leave peacefully in this world.

Tears slowly fell down my eyes wetting the pillow.

“Mia, you have a visitor,” a nurse called, patting my shoulder lightly.

“Don’t let anybody in! I can’t face anybody in this position!” I stuttered grabbing on to my chest. The pain was too strong to handle.

“The man said it was really important.”

“Tell him no,” I said shortly. I didn’t care how important, my pride did not let anybody see me, when I am weak.

“Okay,” the nurse said quietly, obviously noticing the pain I was in.

She walked out of my room, and I turned myself over. The rays of sun hit my face, but it wasn’t the light that I was looking for. The only thing that would give me light at this moment would be… Jaejoong.

Too bad he doesn’t even know how hard in love I am with him. He doesn’t even see me as a woman, only as his secretary who is there to bring him coffee, answer his phone calls, and close up his office after he leaves.

He doesn’t know how much it hurts me to see him bring women to work. How much it hurts to watch them two flirt while I sit at my small desk almost throwing up all over my work.

I am sure that he already replaced me, when I was sent to the hospital. I am sure that he just forgot about me, like his used pen, and replaced me with another one.

“Mia! Tell them to let me in!” his voice rang in my ears. I turned my head over to see his face in the transparent door. I turned my head away from his image. He was the last person I wanted to be here. What will he think of me now?

“Tell them to let me in! I need to talk to you! It’s important!” he banged on the door. Could he be here, to say that he missed me? That he needed me in the office? That he was attracted to me this whole time? My curiosity was hurting me more than the pains in my chest.

“Let him in,” I said weakly.

The nurse turned the knob for Jaejoong as he walked into my room.

“How have you been?” he asked looking down at my almost closed eyes.

“You can see for yourself,” I whispered.

“We have the big diner with my father tomorrow, can I count on you?”

That’s why he was here.

He didn’t care about me.

That first question was just to be polite.

He was only caring about his business. He only wanted to know if I could help him.

“I think you will need to find a replacement for me,” I said looking away from his handsome face. He already saw me weak; I didn’t need him seeing me crying.

“Fair enough, well I should head back to the office,” he nodded walking away from me.

He never even cared about me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“We should be doing the surgery today,” the doctor explained writing something down in his notepad.

Finally.

They finally decided to do it.

“Great,” I said, not even looking at the doctor. Why would I even need to look at him? He led to me for the longest time. Telling me that they will do the surgery as soon as possible, but making me wait for over a month.

“It will be very risky.”

I didn’t care.

Even if I die, it will stop my suffering.

“I have one favor to ask you,” I told the doctor.

“What is it Mia?”

“Can you call my boss and tell him to find me a replacement?”

“Don’t run in front of the train, I didn’t say that you will die.”

“I don’t care, even if I survive I am going to quit that place.”

“Okay, I will tell the nurse to contact him immediately.”

With that he left.

I was left alone with my thoughts.

From now one, my life was going to take a better turn.

I had two possibilities –

One – die

Two – live peacefully, leave the man that was breaking my hear, and possibly fall in love with some one new.

I was hoping for the first choice. It would be much easier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“DON’T TAKE HER AWAY JUST YET!” his voice rang again.

What would he be doing here? I looked at the nurse to keep going, to ignore him.

“PLEASE HEAR ME OUT!!” he screamed through the hallway, causing an ill grandma shush him with her cane.

“Can you please ignore him and take me to the surgery room?” I begged the nurse. I couldn’t bear seeing him here.

“I LOVE YOU!” he finally screamed. The nurse automatically stopped in her tracks.

“I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THAT! I WAS TOO LATE WHEN I DID REALIZE IT. I DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS IT, THE DAY I CAME HERE, I WANTED TO CONFESS BUT I DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO, SO I JUST USED THE DINER EXCUSE. THEN I WAS TOLD THAT YOU WILL BE DOING THE SURGERY, AND JUST THE THOUGHT OF YOU NOT BEING AROUND ME KILLED ME. I JUST HAVE TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST. I WILL BE WAITING HERE FOR YOU, UNTIL THEY FINISH THE SURGERY. I DON’T CARE IF TAKES HOURS OR DAYS I WILL BE HERE WHEN YOU WAKE UP!”

I couldn’t believe that I wasn’t sleeping. He was in love with me.

He will be waiting for me to wake up… if I wake up.

“Go,” I told the nurse biting down on my bottom lip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes, my head was spinning.

“I told you I will be here when you wake up,” a familiar voice whispered in my ear…

 

SORRY IT TOOK SOSOSOSOSOSOS LONG TO POST THIS!!!!

I KNOW YOU ASKED FOR A HAPPY ROMANTIC STORY, BUT THE SONG JUST WAS SORTA SAD... SO.... BUT THE ENDING WAS HAPPY!! <3

HOPE YOU LIKED YOUR ONESHOT!

PLEAS COMMENT, AND TELL ME HOW TO IMPROVE!!!