a new step

do you remember ?

JAE POV

its all happened just in a few months.... the event that had shaped and changed our life forever.....

a few months before yoochun and hyun joong came ... i am a very cheerful person with nothing to worry.... just enjoying my childhood....and amber.... is a really tomboy girl....a gangster....  now... their existence for just a few months had left a mark in our heart..... amber had changed.... me too....

hyun joong and his mom had moved back to seoul to live with his dad.... i only saw him once at the day of the funeral... that day none of us can speak... we only speak in silent through our eyes.... that day also the last day i saw hyun joong.....  what i can do just waving my hand at him when he leave for the airport... i gave him... a small gift ... from my heart....it is a black pearl that i got from my parents.... it s a symbol of our engagement ....

____________________________________

5 years later.....

 

"jae.... wake up.... u are late for school again..."

'5 more minutes"

"jae... even in high school.... u still act like this.."

"ah..... i m so sleepy...... give me a break.....

"this year u ll be graduated from high school.., u shouldnt be like this... "

my mom is nagging me..... morning is not my favorite time..... now.. its only me left here at Jeju with mom and dad.. amber went to korea when she finished her middle school.... she want to be a singer.. and my very understanding parents had give her permission to go, eventhough at that time, she didnt have any plan what she want to do in Seoul.... and she is lucky.... because the day she arrive... the same day she went for audition... and the same day she is accepted as a trainee..... who ever know her back then , will never recognize her.... it just like cindrella story.... after yoochun death... she turn herself from the gangster who kicking and boxing to a gangster who do hip hop and rapping..... she turn herself to music.... and she is very devoted..... i never ask her why she choose that path.... mmmm..... actually after that event... i never ask her anything.... of she want to talk... then she will open herself to me... and she did.... i think... she become a person who apreciate live after that.....

and me...mmmmm i didnt change much.... actually i didnt have to change.... my study is at the top even though i always sleep in the class..... i m thinking about taking law... but it will need a lot of money.... but i ll try... i m taking the entrance exam later... mmmm... may be i should search for amber... i didnt know anyone there....

"dear.. do u think jae can pass that exam?"

"i dont know... i dont understand their system, but his teachers said that he is really good"

"mom, dad... i m not just good, i m genius... hehhehhe....."

"so if u can enter the university, what will u take , my genius son.... ?"

"law"

"but u are undisciplined... "

"how about some betting?"

"jae.... u are always joking around..."

"mom, dad... i m going to school"

________________________

 

"yah!!! Jaejoong... u are late again... "

"mmm i m not a morning person hehehe..."

"so.. we will graduated soon..... mmmm ... "

"what is it Yunho?"

"i ... i... want to ask u... about weekend... i..i.."

"nope...i cannot"

"but why.... , Jae u know that i like u... and i know that u didnt have anyone... "

"i told u im engaged"

"but when i ask about that fiance ... even u didnt know where he is... "

"but i made a promise Yunho.... it a promise that cannot be broken"

"but jae.....i...have been.. liking u since .. middle school"

"i m going now.... see u at the university exam... "

"i will not take the exam.."

"why??"

"mmm i got an offer... to be a trainee and will be debuted soon.. "

"so.. thats why u are always not here.."

"mmm... i m here just few days every month just because of u..."

"i m really sorry Yunho... but i dont wanna cheat him"

"u didnt even give me a chance........"

____________________

"amber!!!"

"yah!! hyung... "

"mmm im going to seoul "

"really?? hahhaa the nerd is coming.... "

"but just for a while... i m taking the test"

"mmm never imaging that my lazy hyung become a nerd n going to university"

"mmm may be because i m bored and lonely here... u are there... leaving me alone here"

"u got that guy... what  his name... Yunho... around... "

"mmmm"

"hyung... dont say that u still keeping the promise!!"

"why? it a promise"

"u are just 12 at that time... he didnt even bother to call u after that.... he vanish into the thin air... and u didnt know how he look like now... mmmm for a i dont think he take the promise seriously..."

"mmmm... u think so...."

"dont tell me u reject everyone that had approaches u because of that?"

"mm"

"yah!!!!!! why do u become so naive... when u came here... i ll be lecturing u before u enter any university.... at this kind of level.... u ll be toyed when u came here"

"amber..... are u still a gangster there?"

"hehehehe... no... just with u... i have to protect u.. "

"but i think i m the one who should be doing that"

"hyung... i have to go.... when u came here tell me ok... "

"ok..."

___________________________________

mmm when i go there.. i ll search for him...

i didnt know how he looks like now...

will he remember me?

will he keep the promise?