Chapter 2 - Thing

Heaven Sent

 

"Are you still looking at her ?" Hayoung sighed . 
 
"Uh huh ... So beautiful ... and ay " He answered dreamily and his lips . 
 
Hayoung grabbed the rolled newspaper right in front of her and smacked his head . 
 
"OUCH ! What was that for ?! YOU KILLING ME , WOMAN ?!" he yelled at his cousin .
 
"That's for being all y over my best friend . I can't believe you would do that . Kai , the erted alien ... I like that ..." she tapped her chin .
 
It was the typical Monday blues as school caught up with the two teens . chilling out on the rooftop where Hayoung lived and enjoying the night breeze . Kai and Hayoung were cousins from their mum's side of the family .
 
He lived downstairs with his family and his friend (or according to Hayoung , his gay partner) , the oh-so-terrible Xi Luhan . The Chinese boy that annoys the hell out of her . Kai's mum , her Aunt Kim , was kind enough to let her have the rooftop room all by herself and let that Luhan dude moved in when he migrated 2 years ago , not because he was Kai's friend but because he impressed her with aegyo .  
 
"Hey , that's not nice . You made me sound like a creep ." he pouted . *You are creepy* Hayoung mocked him in her head . He was acting cute for his cousin but it wasn't working when he earned another hit on the head .
 
"I can't deny the fact that Hanbit's pretty .. but still i won't allow you to go all y and pedo-ish on her . It's gross dude ." she made a face . The boy shrugged at her statement and continued starring . She rolled her eyes as she made her way inside to make cups of hot choco for the both of them . 
 
"Oh Hanbit." she said her best friend's name all of a sudden . It sounds so wrong when she says it . It was as if the name was cursed . She shook away her thoughts . *Hanbit means 'One Light' , it's a good name* she reminded herself as she placed the kettle on the stove .
 
Her best friend, Oh Hanbit . They lived across from each other . Met when she first moved from Busan to Seoul which was about 5 years ago when the incident happened . Hanbit was kind and beautiful .
 
A guy would get attracted to her as soon as he sees her . It's not that Hayoung's jealous , actually she was , just a little bit though , because Hanbit catches probably everybody's attention and it irritates her sometimes. But since they were buddies , she was tolerant of it considering her short fuse . 
 
"Hey SHEMALE , make me one hot choco !" Luhan's voice was heard from outisde .
 
"URGH THAT JERK !" she scoffed at the nickname he gave her . Ever since he saw her broke the window in Kai's room , he called her 'Shemale' matching it to her 'ultra strength' according to him .  Annoyed , she made a cup for him too so he wouldn't go rambling on like an old grandma to her . 
 
She stared out of the window as she waited for the water to boil . It was a cloudy night , it's as if it was about to rain . Her eyes wandered to a distant light . She saw a bright light sandwiched in between the clouds , a star perhaps ? It was like a ray of hope . *Beautiful* She smiled . She closed her eyes and decided to make a wish .
 
"I wish something interesting would happen in my life . It's getting boring doing the same things everyday ." She opened her eyes to the sound of the whstling kettle but she didn't notice that the bright light was getting closer by the second . Maybe her wish would come true after all . 
 
----------
 
She went out to only to be greeted by two love sick idiots , starring into the window of Hanbit's room . 
 
"Here come's the best part ." Kai nudged Luhan . She squinted her eyes and saw that Hanbit was changing , near the window . *Oh boy ...* She grabbed the rolled newspaper and smacked their heads . 
 
"OW !" both of them yelled . It probably was heard from across because Hanbit immediately closed the curtains of her room .
 
"You hormonal idiots ! If i tell Sehun about it , you guys are dead ." she threatened them . "SHEMALE ~ you made us miss the the best part of the show ..." Luhan whined and pouted . *These two and their aegyo ... bluek*
 
"Just drink your hot choco will you ." She  placed the tray on the small foldable table in front of them . 
 
"You were talking about Sehun as if you know him . I mean just so you know , he's OUR friend and he probably doesn't mind us checking out his hot sister ." Luhan said emphazing on 'OUR' . Pfft , as if Hayoung was even listening , she was searching for the star she found just now .
 
The atmosphere became quiet as everyone was in the world of their own . Hayoung , with her eyes wandering the vast night sky and her mind drifting off to who knows where . Kai , who was humming a little tune to himself while starring at the cars passing by down the street below them . Then , there's Luhan who was love sick and thinking about Hanbit's curves .
 
Kai's phone rang , breaking the silence and jolting Hayoung . "Ah neh umma . We'll be down soon ." He said sweetly .
 
"Come on Lulu , we gotta get going . GOODNIGHT HAYOUNGIEEE~ " he made the bbuing bbuing face . Hayoung softened at his childish acts . 
 
"Thanks Shemale , for the hot choco ." Luhan thanked . *At least he thanked me* 
 
"Bye guys ! Seeya tomorrow !!" She waved as they headed downstairs . She sighed when they disappeared downstairs and carried the tray back into her room 
 
------------
 
She woke up to the sound of a soft thunder . It was drizzling slightly . She tossed and turned to glance at her clock by the night stand . It read 03 : 06 AM . She turned back , [A/N : see what i did there? Dowajwoyo mama mama turnback~] to face the wall , drifting off to sleep again . Her eyes shot up as she heard a loud sound coming from outside. It was like a muffled fall of fruit crates from the grocery store .
 
She got up , cranky , and walked to the front to see what was it . She opened the front door and rubbed her eyes to get a better view . There was lump of 'thing' in the middle of her rooftop . It was like a blanket . She walked closer , curious to what she found . 
 
*It must be the work of someone who wanted to scare me . Maybe it was Luhan ? or Someone or something ?* Her mind shooting out random unanswered questions . She stepped closer and managed to make out a few things ; hair , body , arms and legs . 
 
*AN ALIEN ?!* her mind screamed . She ran back to the front door and switched on the lights to the roof . The light emmited an orange-y light that shone on her . The thing's back was facing her . She turned it by pulling the fabric it was wearing with her thumb and forefinger .
 
The thing was a boy ! With a beautiful face . It's as if the world stopped revolving around her as she gazed at his face .
 
"So ... angelic ," she held out her fingers to touch his cheeks. "And strangely soft ... " she chuckled . 
 
A small whimper came from the boy and she backed away . 
 
"Oh my God ... Where in the heavens am i ?" he groaned .
 
"On my rooftop apparently ." She answered his question . He gave the girl a puzzled look before shrieking like a little girl .
 
---------------------
 
Thanks for the subs !! Comments are loved !  Should i make long chapters or short ones ? Gomawo !! 
 
 
Luhan's cute stare .. awwww :D
 
-honeyandmints