Chapter 3 - Baekhyun

Heaven Sent

 

"Shhh!" Hayoung clamped her hand over his mouth. He looked stunned and shocked at her actions. 
 
*Soft skin* She thought as she was looking at where her hands are placed, on his flawless face. He was still starring at her wide-eyed when she let go.
 
"Don't scream. It'll wake the neighbours." she hissed. He nodded like a little lamb. "Why are you on my rooftop?" her voice shaky as she asked the boy. The boy adjusted himself and sat up to face her properly. Hayoung was kneeling with her hands on her lap. 
 
The boy didn't know what to answer so he decided to introduce himself first. "I-I am Baekhyun." He took out his hand for a handshake and smiled like an innocent child.
 
Hayoung was taken aback by his actions and that brilliant smile. She cleared . "Err... Hi Baekhyun. You still haven't answered my question." 
 
*Think fast Baekhyun. Lie to her. But angels can't lie. Otteoke?* His face was of discomfort as he started to think of excuses. While waiting for his reply, in the midst of silence, a strong wind blew. Hayoung's hair flew up in an instant and Baekhyun got chills. 
 
An object fell on the ground next to Hayoung. She picked it up. "Byun Baekhyun, 6 May 1993." She read out. Baekhyun snatched the object from her hands. 
 
*I thought i lost you.* He patted his chest and sighed. "Rude much." Hayoung mumbled. He made a 'sorry' face. It was Baekhyun's fake ID card. Well, he made research before coming down and he didn't wanna be suspicious. Thank God for his genius mind. He bet that the girl was already convinced that he wasn't some alien.
 
"Let's get inside, it's freezing. I want an explanation once we're in." She commanded him. He stood up slowly, brushing the dirt off his shirt. His white tee and what looked like cotton pants were stained with dirt, probably during his fall. He looked around the area. Something was missing.
 
*MY BAG!* His eyes widened as he ran to the side of the rooftop and looked down. "Oh why?" he sighed. *It must've fallen when i fell..Gahh!* 
 
"Baekhyun!" Hayoung called the boy. He swiftly turned his head and jogged up to her front door. Hayoung switched on the lights in the living room and gestured for him to enter. Baekhyun stepped into the room with his jaw hanging. He was gaping at how neat Hayoung's room was. If only his room back up there was as clean as this.
 
"Sit down. I'll make tea." He nodded absent-mindedly at her statement and took a sit. Humming and swaying his legs, his eyes scanned the room like a radar. He was fascinated at the earth things he haven't seen for a long time. "Oooohh... What's that?" he picked up a rectangular object on the table. He pressed the middle button and it emmited light. *Did my powers transferred to this thing?!* 
 
"Why are you playing with my phone?" a voice was heard from behind. *Its a phone?!* He eyes widened and Hayoung gave him a displeased look. 
 
"An explanation please?" Hayoung placed 2 cups of tea on the table. Baekhyun took one and drank it. He was thirsty his mouth dried thanks to the wind that blew against his opened mouth. 
 
"Ahhh~ I fell." He said simply. Hayoung looked at him weirdly. "From?" He looked out of the window to Seoul's night view. His eyes stopped at a building that was next to the rooftop room. A higher building, probably a shophouse.
 
"There." he pointed. "I was gazing on the rooftop and i fell over the edge." *Seriously Baekhyun? Can they get any more stupid?* He mocked himself. It was part of the truth though. He hit the building's edge before tumbling down on her rooftop. He felt his right rib area,the part that got hit by the building's edge.
 
"Ouch." He hissed. It was bruised. He looked left and right as Hayoung studied his face.
 
"Is something wrong?" She saw how he was clutching on to his rib. She slowly removed his arm and saw his stained white shirt. 
 
"Since you fell, you must've gotten hurt. Do you mind?" She asked and he shook his head. She lifted his shirt to a view of fine abs. She gasped. 
 
"Like what you see?" he smirked. *Getting cocky here aren't you?* She mehrong-ed him and took a closer look. The right side of his body was badly bruised. 
 
"Hold on, I'll help you with it." She dashed to the kitchen and poured some lukewarm water into a bowl and took a small towel. 
 
Baekhyun's eyes trailed her back until she disappeared into the kitchen. He looked at his bruised rib and poked it. "Ouch! I hope it's not broken..." He hissed.
 
He was confused. His ribs weren't healing like it was suppose to. His body would always heal itself  everytime he hurt himself in Heaven. He didn't know it worked differently on Earth though. He was mentally slapping himself for not paying attention when Suho was teaching him a little bit on Earth.
 
His mental slapping stopped when Hayoung entered the room again. She rung the water from the towel and was dabbing it slowly.
 
"You aren't from around here right? So, where did you come from?" Baekhyun was baffled at her question but he decided to answer them anyway.
 
"It's a secret." he put his forefinger on his lips and winked. *Playing Mr. Secretive now huh?* Hayoung smirked.
 
"Okay then, where do you live?" She continued dabbing on the bruise slowly and he hissed once in while to the pain. "No where. I don't have a home... Sadly."
 
"There, that should do it." She draped the towel on his rib so the warm water will soak in and reduce the bruise. The problem was, his shirt was getting in the way because it kept falling on to the towel. Baekhyun grew irritated and took off his hirt, surprising Hayoung.
 
"Sorry, it's annoying me." She smiled and her eyes landed on her wall clock. "4AM?! Holy! I need to sleep!!" she panicked. Then, she remembered that Baekhyun was there.
 
"You don't have a house right? Since it's getting late, why don't you sleep here first and we settle this tomorrow. Is it okay?" He agreed to it. She ran to her room and took a few pillows and ran back to the living room.
 
"I sleep here and you sleep there so i can watch you. Who knows you're a criminal or something.." She pointed to the two couches in the living room as suspicion aroused in her. He chuckled and placed the pillow on the arm rest of the couch. Carefully, he laid down so he wouldn't distrub the towel that's resting on his rib.
 
"Hayoung-sshi, gomawo." he smiled. Hayoung just 'mmm-ed' as her droopy eyelids came to a close. Even though she was half awake, she could hear his voice. The sweetness of it was special. He was special. She knew it from the first time she touched his soft cheeks. A smile tugged on her lips' end. She secretly prayed in her heart that she wouldn't be wrong.