New Student

Heaven Sent

 

 

Crackles of broken twigs could be heard under his feet when he stepped on the dead, barren land. There were dead leaves, dry soil and dying trees all around. His dark eyes wondered aimlessly around the dark place. Tall, slender, skin as pale as a white horse’s mane, he would be the ideal man only if he wasn’t evil.

“Come here my boy.” He followed the voice deeper into the woods. Pushing away the branches, he saw figure in a cloak. “Master.” He knelt down, his eyes on the floor, not daring enough to look him into the eyes. “Lay, you came.” The man paused. “Why wouldn’t I, Master Ataxia?” The man chuckled, his voice deep, hollow, empty and scary. Lay knew that if his Master called on him, there’s a mission to be completed. Knowingly, he spread his wings and pulled out a feather. His feather, it was dark and black as night as it shone under the moonlight. It spreads from his back, getting thicker as it reaches the end. It wasn’t soft, it was stiff and rough like the touch of gravel. Ataxia pulled off a feather from his wings too. It was even darker than Lay’s and its touch like death. That night, the moon glowed a tiny bit of red as Lay slashed his wrist to drip blood upon his deal with Ataxia.

----

Lay paused in front of the school, dressed in school uniform. It reminded him all over again why he was here. Dreading, he tigthened the straps of bagpack and made it to the office. "Hanbit." That name never left his lips when he made his way to class. "Find her, and bring her to me." The exact words from Ataxia, his mission rigth now.

 

“Did you hear about the new student?” Hayoung nudged Luhan. “You mean that guy? Yeah.  Zhang Yixing, the transfer student from China.” Luhan continues munching on his sandwich when Kai arrived next with a sad looking Jongdae. But Hanbit was nowhere to be seen. She left Hayoung all alone after gym class and disappeared. She kicked Kia lightly under the table and eyed him towards Jongdae. Kai furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Hayoung, then Luhan who was waiting for his answer. He started doing unexplainable hand gestures only to receive a ‘huh?’ form the both of them. Jongdae was sulking with his back turned away from them.

“We broke up...” Jongdae sobbed. The three of them stopped with their stupid hand flailing actions. “WHAT.” Hayoung stood up and walked over to Jongdae. “What the fishsticks happen. I thought you guys were glued to each other that it gets annoying. Err…” She bit her lips and apologized. He just pouted and leaned on Hayoung’s arm. She sat down next to him and patted his head. “Aww.. I don’t know. She just asked for it. I mean it’s only been 3 weeks, 3 GODDAMN WEEKS!” Jongdae went all diva and started weeping like his dog just died.”Dude, stop it… people are staring, not good for my image.” Kai whined. “Tch, excuse me, Ms. Diva. Where’s Hanbit? I’m gonna talk sense into that girl.” Luhan scoffed at Kai and stood up from his chair.

Luhan left the table and went off to the west wing of the building where the gym was. She was last seen there anyway. “Sehun, have you seen your sister?” Luhan tapped on Sehun’s shoulder as he took a turn near his locker. The boy shook his head, giving a questioning look. “She broke up with Jongdae… and yeah, the dude’s crying like a never-ending waterfall.” Luhan groaned and Sehun’s jaw just dropped. He thought Jongdae could be a distraction while he and Kyungsoo worked on their current plan. Looks like they have to use Baekhyun now… Sehun slammed his locker and turned to Luhan. “I’ll talk to her later, I got first neh? Hungry.” Luhan nodded and left.

He walked down the hallway, towards Hanbit’s class. Hanbit was never this mean, she was always a sweetheart. Luhan’s lower lip jutted out when he thought of the possibilities of their break up. Disagreement? Jongdae wanted to do it, but Hanbit didn’t want it? His thoughts wandered off to Hanbit’s body and how y it was until…

“Hmmph…” Luhan stopped in his tracks. What was that sound? It sounded like… He bent down and look towards the stairs and it was from there. He tip-toed and made his way to the railings. It was that new kid, Yixing. “Hanbit?” he whispered. She was pinned against the wall by the new kid, their faces visibly seen. Luhan’s breaths were heavy as he watched their actions. “Is that someone?” Hanbit’s voice was loud enough to be heard. Luhan clenched his jaws and slowly took small steps backwards. He was apparently walking backwards when he felt something… or was it someone?

“AHHHHHHHHH!”