Chapter 13 - Birthmark

Heaven Sent

 

 
Hanbit felt the hint of sunlight warming her body. She rubbed her eyes, rubbing the arm that was wrapped around her waist. She fell asleep in Jongdae's embrace. She smiled sincerely and tapped onto his nose. He scrunched his nose due to the touch. She slipped out of the covers while her feet touched the wooden floor boards. 
 
The room she found had a single queen bed and it was perfect for Jongdae and her. She lifted herself up, getting the towel placed on the bed's headboard. She took a step forward, feeling  a tingling sensation from her hipbone. Her eyebrows knitted together while she took another step. It hit her, instead of the light, ticklish feeling, she felt burning instead. 
 
She let out a low growl while biting onto her lower lip. She glanced at Jongdae's sleeping figure, he was still snoring softly. She took the third step as  she felt fiery pressure on her hipbone. She clutched onto it and slowly crouched down. One hand on the foot of the bed frame and the other on her hip, she was on the floor in a kneeling position.
 
The pain shot through her skin as she felt it sinking deeper beneath her skin. Her hands were shaking as she tried to lift the baggy cotton shirt to take a look. She pulled the stretchy waist band of her shorts. She saw a faint fiery glow as soon as she looked at it. 
 
She felt it throbbing under her skin and she grazed her fingers over it. Clenching her jaws tight, she blew on it to stop her pain. There, on her skin, the birthmark she had since she was a child. It was once just a circular uneven blob but since that day, it grew out.
 
There were lines branching out and it turned into a whole different thing. After the glow reduced, she saw it, the most beautiful thing she saw. Her birthmark 'transformed' into a butterfly. On its wings, there were distinguished delicate lines that glowed faintly and soon turned darker then her skin color.
 
She was so fascinated until a question came across her mind. 
 
"What does this even mean?" Her eyes widened. It must be a sign. Was her exiled period over? Did Sehun finally give in? Did Suho finally let her go?
 
"Fear not child. Your plan from 5 years ago, it'll happen." A voice whispered as she turned to her left, a fading shadow was disappearing near the window. 
 
"You think you're so great brother? You have no idea what i have in mind..." She scoffed and smirked in satisfaction.
 
-------------------
 
The short vacation came to an end with a campfire and barbecue. They were packing up and loading everything into the van when they heard a loud crash coming from the trashcan nearby.
 
"What was that?" Tao asked. Everyone shrugged and continued packing. Then it came, a faint 'help'.
 
Baekhyun and Sehun sensed something really wrong and ran over. They knelt by the trash cans and placed the plastic bags aside. They rest followed in suit. 
 
"Help me... Please." It was a boy, no older nor younger looking then them. He looked like a high school boy. He was clutching onto his knee. There was a big slash and blood was gushing out of it. Hayoung gasped and pushed Baekhyun aside as her motherly insticts kicked in.
 
"Give me your hand." She held out hers and the boy put his hands on top of hers. He was panting and looked real pale. Some of them ran back to the van and got a first aid kit that was stored at the front seat. 
 
Hayoung, with the help of Sehun and Baekhyun had lead the boy to a nearby bench. They laid him on the bench and treated his wounds. Baekhyun had a feeling but he just couldn't grasp it. He went past Hayoung and the back of his hands brushed against the boy's palm. A sudden jolt of memory appeared in his head. "One by one." Those words, it was on repeat in his head like a broken cassette player. 
 
Sehun got a glimpse of the boy's face. It was so pale. His black hair framed his face in a clean cut. He caught the eye contact of the boy. His eyes stared deep into him. It felt surreal as his mind led him to a blur image. It sharpened and the image turned out to be the beige-pink feather he held on two nights ago.
 
"One by one." Those words again. Hayoung's voice interrupted his thoughts.
 
"What’s your name?" She asked. He took a deep breath, summoning his remaining his energy.
 
"Do Kyungsoo." and it clicked, in both the Baekhyun's and Sehun's mind.
 
-----------------------------
 
Chapter 13 up! Jajan! KYUNGSOO APPEARED!! I know some of you are confused but don't worry it'll be revealed in the next 2 chapters! Until then, suffer with curiousity.. MUHAHAH just kiddingXD
 
Precious Kyungsoo
 
 
 
-mints
{pic/gifs  credits to  owners via tumblr}