Chapter 12 - Dreams

Heaven Sent

 

All of them gathered on the beach to watch the sun set. It glowed in a pinkish glow just like the blush present on Hayoung's cheek when Baekhyun leaned his head on her shoulder.

 

"Come on guys! Let's get to the penthouse before it gets real dark." Tao stood up and stretched. He was filthy rich just like Luhan so he rented a huge penthouse just for his dear friends to stay in.

"I call dibs on Jongdae!" Hanbit yelled. Before anyone could protest, she grabbed his hand and ran to pick a room. The rest shrugged and resorted the old game of 'scissors, paper, stone.'

The heated match began and eventually Luhan won. He chose Tao over Kai leaving the boy with Sehun.

"I see your face too much…" Luhan sighed and received a glare from Kai. "Hmph! Let's go and have our own little fun, Sehun." He dragged Sehun upstairs, unknown to what he just said sounds a little too wrong.

"I wonder what little fun Sehun and Kai will have..." Jongdae chuckled, emerging out from his room.

"I guess we're stuck together huh?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrow at Hayoung. They got the room at the far end of the hallway at the second level.

"I'll get that bed!" Baekhyun shouted but Hayoung already got to it first. It was the bed against the wall. He had no choice but to give in and take the bed by the window which was perpendicular to the one against the wall. Considering the fact that he was a scared of almost everything, it was a total nightmare.

He pouted and grumbled throughout dinner which earned laughter from the rest. The night carried on with watching soccer matches and random jokes until it was 12am. Sehun started yawning and soon, so did everyone.

"Bed time guys! So scram." Luhan shoo-ed everyone off the living room and up to the second floor.

 

----------------

 

The room got colder by the second and Baekhyun pulled the covers up to his shoulders. He turned his body facing the window. Another breeze entered. He wanted to badly shut the windows but he was scared to open his eyes in the darkness of the night.

Dismissing his thoughts, the wind's cold soft lullaby lulled him to sleep.

 

 

"I'll punish you!" The voice boomed through the empty brightly-lit hallway.

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes and found himself tied down to a pillar with rusty metal chains. He wriggled, trying to set himself free. His wings were protruding from his back. It wasn't the white fluffy wings he had before. It was dirty, brown sandy sediments covering them. Instead of the soft baby-touch, they were rough and unsoothing to the skin.

 

Another loud voice was heard and it was coming nearer. His eyes squinted to two figures approaching him. He froze when he heard the voice from the second figure. They were cries of plea, her cries, Hayoung. She was dressed in a black tunic-like outfit, sprawled on the floor.

 

She had her hands on the ankles of the first figure. Baekhyun was certain it was a man. "Chances were given, hopes were lost. You wasted them." This time the man was looking at him. He was cloaked and the dark aura surrounding him blinded Baekhyun. It was like seeing his own blinding powers except that it wasn't light, it was darkness instead.

 

"PLEASE, NO!" Hayoung's cries got louder. The cloaked figure reached out and placed two fingers on her forehead. His lips parted, wanting to start the spell.

 

A bright warm yellow light emerged from the cracks on the floor. "Get hold of yourself Baekhyun." Baekhyun's struggle with the chains stop and he looked up, so did the cloaked figure and he gave out a low growl.

 

"They’re all lies. I can't say much right now. Stay strong boy, there's still hope and chances. It's not wasted. Don't listen to him. Remember, everything will unravel itself, one by one." The words 'one by one' echoed through the hallway as a huge boulder came rolling onto the cloaked figure.

The last thing he heard was Hayoung's hysterical scream.

 

Baekhyun  woke up feeling cold. There weren't any beads of sweat when he sat up, opening is eyes. His whole body felt chilled to the bones. He blinked and saw a shadow on the foot of his bed. He shut his eyes tight and refused to open them again. He slipped himself under the covers and muttered a prayer.

 

Meanwhile,

 

Sehun felt a slap of frosty wind on his back. It was facing the opened windows. His room was right next to Hayoung's. He squint his eyes, looking out of the windows, adjusting his sight to the moonlight. Then he saw it, a shadow. It was hovering near the window.

 

He blinked once, twice and it disappeared. Blown by the wind and into his room was a feather. It was fluffy but not white. It had a tinge of beige and pink. He caught it but it faded as soon as his eyes caught a glimpse of it. He heard an almost inaudible whisper that came with the winds.

 

"Everything will unravel itself one by one."

-------------------------------------------

Hey there guys!! Long time no update huh? Keke Sorry:(

HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD KYUNGSOO RAPPING?! /cries 

sassy kyungsoo you got there:D

Baekhyun was sick:::( get well soon baby.. if not i'll fly over and be your medicine i wanna see your smile

-mints

{pic credits to owners via tumblr}