My Story

Not all secrets are supposed to be revealed~

7 years ago, before the incident.

I woke early, earlier than usual. It was bright outside, the sun was just over the horizon and the blue sky was cloudless. I knew today was a special day, or so I thought at that moment, all I knew was Appa was going to tell Umma some special news. Just the thought of the surprise made me tingle with anticipation, without a moment to spare a sudden burst of excitement shot up my spine and I was out of bed. I showered and ordered the maids to get me my favourite pink Pokka dotted dress and my little white flats.

Soon after preparing myself I approached Appa and Umma’s room and it was un-naturally quiet. The door suddenly opened and I was swept of my feet and landed on the floor with a “THUD.” I looked up, surprised to see Appa all dressed up; I wondered where we would be going today. The park, the beach or maybe Lotte World, I couldn’t wait. I peeked over Appa shoulder to see Umma dressed in a beautiful white summer dress, which cradled every curve of her body, and flowed down her like a waterfall.
 

“Umma, you look pretty” I approached her and softly caressed her white dress. She was beautiful. It was soft, and made of silk. I was in a daze until Appa nudged softly me to come down stairs and eat breakfast. We found ourselves to the dining table and were surprised to find it filled with western food. It was... different. Appa was acting weird today, and I didn’t know why. Was it part of the surprise? I couldn’t really care at the moment what the surprise was, because as soon as I bit into the soft pancake drizzled in syrup, I was in heaven.


I was day dreaming about the food until I felt a soft nudge on my shoulder, it was Appa again. What was with Appa, why was he nudging me, he could have just told me to get up, or that we were going. Appa you are weird.We hopped into the car and all I can remember is that the journey was long, and I was tired. Anxious to see where we were going the car stopped, I looked up and saw a big sign saying ‘LOTTE WORLD’ A huge grin spread across my face and I jumped out of the car. I was racing to the entry when Umma shouted, “Andwe, hagima Eunji.”


The day was filled with fun, we ate fairy floss, went on the merry go round, into the scary house, and lastly on the Ferris wheel. Something was a bit weird, this whole day was directed to me, why wasn’t Appa smiling like Umma was. What’s going on? I was shaken of the thought when Umma nudged me onto the Ferris wheel. Once high in the sky, all my thoughts gone, and problems disappeared, I was happy.


I looked down to see Appa’s frustrated face, what’s wrong Appa, I wondered. Soon the ride came to an end, and we were leaving Lotte world behind. We were on the freeway, approaching the bridge, when Appa let out a sigh. I was worried, what’s wrong Appa? I wanted to know what was wrong with him, he seemed really unhappy lately. I was about to open my mouth to ask when I was cut off by Appa.

“Jinyeon, I have filed for a divorce. I, I don’t love you anymore, I’ve, I’ve, I’ve found somebody else. I’m sorry Jinyeon.”

Umma was in a total state of shock, she just froze, not noticing the oncoming truck. For me, all i heard was “Jinyeon, I have filed for a divorce. I, I don’t love you anymore, I’ve, I’ve, I’ve found somebody else. I’m sorry Jinyeon”, and then darkness.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cliffhanger, you know you love me.
How is it so far, dont be a silent reader, comment your thoughts!
I'll update tomorrow.
Saranghae babies <3