3W2B: A Mom's List

3W2B: What's Wrong With Busan Boys?!

 

"Yah why don't you both tell me earlier?!", you got mad.
"You never told me that my rival is this bad guy either.", Daehyun complained.
"Yah call me hyung.", Hoya said.
"I think we've ended our hyung-dongsaeng relationship since you left me years ago."
"You think I want to leave?!"
"Of course, if you don't want to leave then you won't leave!"
"You don't understand."
"Understand what? That my parents told so many good things about you, but you just don't know?
You know how much your parents and MY parents cried after you left?
You know how much I got sad but mad in the same time?
You're such a bad guy, Lee Howon-ssi."
"Yah you're calling me Howon now? You know how much I dislike it when people call me that, right?"
"What? Your statement about 'you feel closer with the people who call you Hoya instead of Howon'? Isn't it good that I call you Howon; so we won't get closer anymore?!"

Silence.

Hoya looked down. He sighed. "You hate me that much?"
Daehyun can't answer. Maybe he's worried to let his feelings out, because it contains so much pride in it.
"Now imagine you're in my position. Seeing my mom wishing you're her son everyday; telling me to be like you everyday... There's so much jealousy in here.", he pointed his heart, "But I tried to bear it cuz you're one of my best dongsaeng."
"I tried my best to practice my vocal and finally won something with my own hard work and money. And I finally won something, and it was exactly my 17th birthday. I was so happy to give it to my mom, but you were there. Singing so well that my mom can't stop adoring you. Hah. Pathetic."
SIlence.
"This is what I hate about you.", Daehyun said, "You never wanted to listen from another person's perspective."
"What other perspective? It's the truth--"
"You know what did I do in your house that day, together with your mom?"
Hoya didn't answer.
"We were going to make a surprise party, silly. For you."
Silence.
"Don't you remember what song did I sing that time?"
More silence.
"It's 'Happy Birthday', silly. It's my version of Happy Birthday.
Now I even released the song together with B.A.P, with some revisions, of course; my agency wants it to be a love song instead of a brotherhood song.
But the chorus notes are exactly the same."

Then Daehyun sang the song chorus.
"... Don't you remember, ...
hyung?"

Silence.
"I was so broken when you left us. I practiced my very best to debut as soon as possible, and catch you in here.
I watched you from the TV. I never missed any of them.
Your debut stage, your variety shows, your interviews.. I really want to be like you.
And one day I finally meet my dream. I came to Seoul to debut.
You maybe notice me too, huh? Of course. Our groups did so many things together.
We sit next to each other in previous MMA'12 seats, remember? And we pretend that we didn't know each other.
We also got into the same team in MBC Gayo Daejun..
Whenever I got schedules abroad, like Music Wave or anything.. INFINITE was there too.
I got happy that it means I'm already on the same level as you, though.", Daehyun laughed.

"You're still a rookie, shut up, can't you.", and Hoya laughed.

"Your mother has never been so proud of me, hyungie. My parents are so proud of you, though. They really did.
Whenever I watched you on TV, they joined me and said 'THAT'S OUR BOY!' or 'YOU SHOULD BE LIKE HIM, DAEHYUN-AH!'
If you said you hold so much jealousy, then me too. Me too, hyung."
"Shut up if you don't know how much my mom bragged about you. She even wished you're her son."
Silence.
"Let's just make it simple, Dae."
"Hm?"
"This is just an old misunderstanding. Our parents and ourselves are stupidly included. This misunderstanding occured a long long time ago, so we should just move on and forget it."
"Okay. But I'm still not going to Busan if you're around."
"Me too.", Hoya stated.
"YAAAAAAAAAH after those stupid fights and sad brotherhood scenes, why don't you forgive him?!", the audience of a heartbreaking brotherhood story, complained.
"Yah I'm just not ready to meet them all, specially with this hyung around me. It must be uncomfortable. And no I don't want to feel that feelings again. Feelings to be ignored. Jealousy. Everything. Gah."
"Geez you're still a spoiled kid, Daehyun-ah. Grow up."
"And you're still trying to look mature too, Howon-ssi."
"Hoya. It's Hoya."
"Ok. Hoya-ssi."
"Just call me hyung, can't you?!"
"Ok. Howon-hyung."
"HO-YA-HYUNG. Hoya-hyung!"
"Ok hyung, ok."
"Eishhh you're making me nuts."
And the silly fights continued.

It's nice to see them this way.
Feels so good to watch 2 people who had a misunderstanding past, got back together as they should be.
But still...

"I still want you guys to accompany me to go to Busan.", you stated.
"I said no.", Daehyun said.
"Then what if Hoya said yes?", you asked.
Daehyun thought for a while, "If hyungie said yes, means you both will go to Busan alone.
I am NOT going to let that happen, so.. if hyung said yes, I'd say yes too."
"Then yes.", Hoya said.
Both you and Hoya laughed.
"Yah am I being fooled?!", Daehyun said.
"I thought I'm the only one who could fool you, Daehyun-ah. But I guess this aegi could do it too.", Hoya pinched your cheek, "I guess you're just too easy to be guessed. Too predictable.", Hoya laughed.
"Nah.", Daehyun dodged, "My mom said it earlier: that I'm so easy to be fooled by the ones I care about; so I need to be careful once I care about someone."
Silence.
"...Yah are you trying to flirt with me, or with this girl?", Hoya teased.
"HYUNG I WAS NOT TRYING TO FLIRT, WHY SHOULD I FLIRT WITH YOU ANYWAYS GAAHH"
Both Hoya and Daehyun and of course you, laughed.
You're so happy that you brought them together.
Turns out this is the main reason why they act so weird when they have to tell their past.
This is what's wrong with them. This story, this past, this old misunderstanding.
Now you three have to fix it together, go to Busan and make a much better memory there, so these two won't have a trauma in their own hometown.

"SO! When should we go?", you asked with the brightest voice you ever let out of your mouth.
"Tomorrow?", they answered it together, then looked at each other, and laughed. They seem so close and just great to be together. Seems like a left shoe that finally finds its right shoe.
You kept your silence. "I thought you both were against this idea... Now look who are the ones that got excited the most."
They looked at each other once again, then answered, "You?"
"=_= no no. I mean you both."
"Well I'm not excited actually. I just want to start it earlier and end it earlier too.", Daehyun said.
"Exactly.", Hoya added.
"Yah why are you both like this T^T it's a plan that I've been dreaming of.. could you please give a bit more appreciation?"
They looked at each other. AGAIN.
"Bravo, you-ssi! BRAVO! It's a brilliant idea and we should go now! NOW!", Hoya said while clapping his hands and stood up, while Daehyun stayed in his chair nodding like what Hoya just said was the true-st thing he ever heard in the whole world in the whole years of his life. Yes they teased you THAT much. You just realized how annoying they could be when they're together.

"Ah molla.", you pouted and crossed your arms.
Hoya then laughed and moved to sit beside Daehyun. Now they both are looking at you with their round eyes.
They said nothing, they just waited until you talk to them.
Seriously, you never thought that bringing them together is such a bad idea.

You don't wanna give up. So you just stood up and left the cafe with no talks at all.
You're now outside the cafe, walking alone.
No, not alone. Those two silly Busan boys are following you from behind, and their attractive attitude and style and everything just made everyone in the road can't stop looking at them (and you).
This just can't be worse.

When you three arrived at the intersection, you stopped.
They, stopped too.
You turned back.
They, turned back too.
Aish..

"Okay let's just stop this."
They turned again and now facing you. They smiled like two lil boys waiting for candies.
"What's with you guys, really T^T", you cried. And they just laughed.
Aish you really can cry with lots of teardrops now. This is beyond annoying.

"Look, ok, we need to discuss about tomorrow's trip.", you became serious.
"But what to discuss?", Daehyun asked.
"Where do we stay?"
"My house and hyung's house?"
"What do we eat?"
"Food?"
"No no I mean.. where will we get the food?"
"Our moms?"
You sighed.
"What will we do there?"
"You're the one who asked us to go, you think it by yourself."
"But I've never been to Busan."
"Then don't go."
....
Annoying silence.
You wish you could punch Daehyunnie right now.

Hoya now got in your view.
"We can stay in my house AND Dae's house. Like for Day 1 you stay in my house, Day 2 in his house, and so on."
Finally. A normal answer.
"Then how about food?", you asked.
"Why do you keep asking about food? We'll bring you to the yummiest Busan food stalls and restaurants there, and we're sure our moms will cook for us too."
"You sure it's okay for me to come? I mean like, your parents---"
"They like you. I've told my parents about you and I'm pretty sure Daehyunnie did too. It's just a must for us to at least tell them when we found someone we really love or care about. It's our families' formalities. It's ok if you're shocked or you just knew or everything. Basically you're a foreigner anyways."
You pouted. He laughed.
"Just kidding. But for real, I've told them about 'the girl I met few months ago'. My parents actually told me to bring you there as soon as possible. I'm sure Dae's parents said the exact same thing too."
"Yeap. They're too happy to see their son finally being in love. Being an idol is hard, you hardly find time for love, and you hardly find love itself.", Daehyun explained and Hoya nodded.
Silence.
"So.. then.. how long will we stay there?", you brought up a new topic.
"A week is enough, I think?", Daehyun said, without thinking too much.
"Yep. A week is fine. 3 days in my house and 3 days in Dae's house. We'll decide where will you stay in the last day.
Ah, and we should invite both your group members and my group members to join us on the last day, Daehyun-ah."
"Great idea. And we'll have late night games and everything. The 14 of us.", Daehyun added.
"Ah that'd be good.", Hoya smiled.

Unconsciously, you smiled too. Imagining all the happy trip made you sooo happy.
"But should we take the plane or the train?", Hoya asked.
"We'll go by train. I texted my mom about this plan just now and she was like so happy that she has already reserved our train tickets =_=", Daehyun explained.
"You told her that I'm going, too?", Hoya asked.
"Yes, and I think it was the main thing that made her happy as hell. You know how much they missed us being together.
Remember how broken they are when we got back there together last Christmas but didn't even want to see each other?", Daehyun laughed.
"That was awkwardly silly.", Hoya laughed.
"Ah, and my mom was so happy to hear that this pabo will join us too. She said she can't wait to meet her. She even asked me to send a picture of her just now.", Daehyun said.
"And you sent it?!", you panic.
"Of course! Ah, here's her reply message!", Daehyun got excited to show her mom's text to you and Hoya.

Aigo~~ so pretty!
You two should just hurry up and marry each other.

Daehyun and Hoya laughed.
"If only she knows our triangle love scandal...", Daehyun chuckled.
"She'd be in shock and told you to just give up and lend this girl to me..", Hoya added and they both laughed.

It's so nice to see them together, really.
Even though you got a bit 'forgotten', but you understand that they just missed each other too much.

"Now!", Daehyun shouted and grabbed your waist, "Let's pack to have fun in Busan tomorrow!"
"I think we need to buy some more things though..", Hoya said while looking at his phone screen, "I texted my mom and she gave me a list of things I should buy and bring to Busan... =_="
"Kekeke, ahjummas are ahjummas.", Daehyun chuckled again.
"I know right =_= she even added this on the text...", Hoya gave you his phone and Daehyun looked at it too.

It says:

I'm SURE you nor Daehyunnie will understand what I want you guys to bring,
so just lend this list to you and let her do it.
She's a lot more dependable, I'm sure.

P.S. Hwaiting you-ah! ^o^/

"Geez... what's with the 'hwaiting'? Are these things so hard to find? Or did she think we both were too hard to be handled?", Daehyun said after reading it.
"And besides, did she think we're that stupid to be not knowing the words?", Hoya added, "Yah, let's just forget this list and don't buy any of them."
"You sure? We'll get beaten up by your mom, hyung-ah."
"Just tell her that we don't find it or anything. I'm too lazy to search for so many things."
"Yah let me see the list.", you asked, and Hoya gave you the picture of writings he got from her mom earlier.

Once you saw it, you smiled.
"Hoya-ssi, you told her that I'm a foreigner, huh?", you asked.
"Yep, why?", Hoya said with his blank expression.
"Ani.. you both go home now, I'll take care of this list. Send me the picture juseyo."
Hoya, still with that expression, "Oh.. okay. Are you sure you can handle all the list?"
"Of course. It's all simple things.", you smiled and the pic arrived at your phone, "Now I'll go back and search for the things, annyeong!", you waved and walked back to your apartment.

In behind, Hoya and Daehyun were still in their position; now curious about what the pic says.
Of course they don't get it, the words are all in English.

You're not sure where Hoya and Daehyun's moms got the words, but you don't care.
The writings there are not lists of things you have to buy.
It's just a pack of beautiful words from two pair of parents who have been waiting for this day.

you-ssi,
thanks a lot for making them go together again ^o^/
we don't know how did you get them both and make them come to peace,
but we just can't thank you enough.
they're like brothers ever since they met, and it hurts to see them break because of us.
we know they both keep all the feelings inside them all these time,
they didn't know how sorry we are to make such a misunderstanding.
we never expect this to happen;
we just adored each other's sons, but we adored our own sons too.
point is, we just want them to be successful together;
we just want them to grab their dreams as one.
we did it just because we want to push them more:
we want to push daehyun to learn dancing from hoya and vice versa.
but turns out we did it wrongly.
we never thought it'd turn like this, and we've spent years to try to get them back together, but we can't.
turns out you're the one who can do it.
we don't know to whom you belong; daehyunnie or hoya.
we actually wish you could end up with both, keke, but we know it's not possible.
whoever you end up with, we can never thank you enough.

so many things we want to say, so just hurry up and get here!
we'll cook lots of yummy busan food for you all! ^-^

love,
ho-dae's moms.

You smiled reading it.
Sure thing ahjummas.
Thank you too, for bringing these two boys to live.
Without 28th March 91 and 28th June 93, you know your life will never be this colorful.

See you tomorrow.