Chapter 4: Dropping out

My One and Only Lady [Editing]

 

Author's pov:

 

The sun shone on your face, brightening the room atmosphere. Fluttering your eyes open, you sat up. You had been skipping school for about a week as you weren't fully recovered. *Another day huh...* you though with a sigh. You look at the clock on your nightstand and saw that it was only 7.10 in the morning. Sighing you went to do your daily routine. Wash up, change then get ready for school. It was always the same for you as you didn't have any friend or was interested in making your day more meaningful. You wished that there would be at least one person, one person that would've helped you and be by your side no matter what but that's all just your wishful thinking that you thought it wouldn't happen.

 


 

Arriving at the school gate, students started with their gossiping again.

"NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK FATASS!" someone shouted from afar making the whole student body crack with laughter. Your hand balled into a tight fist and you pressed your lips into a thin line, narrowing your eyes at them. *Not any longer if I can help it.* you thought and smirked slightly. Clutching onto your bag strip, you walked to your class trying your best to ignore them like any other day.

As you went to your seat, students were looking at you with a different type of stare. It was more of a weird and amusing type of gaze. *How come they aren't saying anything? Oh well, it's better than getting bullied* you thought that they had somewhat changed but hell no, you were so wrong. You placed your bag on the seat next to yours and sat at on your own not noticing that there was something there. Once you sat on it, a fart sound came out, making you jump and tumble to the ground. Everyone cracked up into uproarious laughter. Some were even rolling on the floor, clutching their stomach due to too much laughter.

Your fist shook violently as they continued laughing. Your blood boiled, nostrils flared with anger and you could partially see steam coming out from every part of your face. Angry tears welled up in your eyes. *Why can't I just die? What did I do to deserve this? Is being fat a sin?* you thought bitterly as you gritted your teeth.

As class started, you were not paying attention as you were debating whether or not to leave this horrible place. *If I leave, maybe everything would be better. I don't want to stay in a place where it's hell. It's no use staying in a place where no one appreciates your help nor help you if you needed it.* Tears flowed from your eyes but you didn't make any sound but just stared blankly at your textbook that wasn't even on the right page while your tears dripped on it, wetting it. 

The bell rang signalling the end of school. You sat emotionlessly on your chair, not moving a single muscle. A sigh escapes your lips. *Where would I go, I dun wanna stay here anymore where being fat is a sin.* a tear slid down your cheek.  Walking towards the general office, you gripped your bag strip tightly. Biting your lip, you pushed open the door.

"May I help you?" the lady behind the counter ask politely.

"Can I have the form for dropping out?" you replied, having a small smile on your face.

"Wait a minute." the lady seemed hesitant but gave you the form anyway.  Once you were done signing it, you gave it back to her.

"When will you be-"

"I'm not attending here anymore from tomorrow onwards." you cut in before she could her sentence as you knew

"But are you really not coming back anymore?" the lady asked again, stopping you in your tracks. Turning around, you show her a small smile and said,

"Never."

You left the school ground not even bothering to clear your locker as it was only filled with hate letters.