Chapter 12: Your story [Part II]

My One and Only Lady [Editing]

Your pov: 

 

"So what happens next?" Jennie turned her head, looking at you with caring eyes but you didn't meet her gaze and avoided it. You couldn't bring yourself to trust anyone anymore so easily. You wanted to see if that heart that is beating inside of her body is sincere enough to gain your trust then you would. You didn't want to risk being hurt again because of you being a fool. Sighing you turned and look at her for a split-second before turning away. 

"He had to move out of Seoul, somewhere else in Korea. Leaving me behind." a bitter smile came onto your face as you said the last part. 

"Or maybe he was tired of being by my side, being teased about staying by an ugly person, protecting her, helping her, caring for her." you shrugged, the bitter smile still hadn't vanished yet. You two stayed silent not talking about anything or even sharing about your past. Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows together, turning to look at you. Rolling onto her sides, supporting her head on the palm of her hands she studied your expressions. 

"Wae?" you asked, feeling the intense stare of her on your chubby face. 

"Don't you have any siblings?" your smile vanished at the sudden questions that were smacked onto your face. 

"D-deh?!" you stuttered not wanting to answer it but you couldn't bring yourself to lie either. Your parents had always thought you not to lie even though the truth hurts. The memories that you had kept buried deep inside your heart had to resurface again. The scar that had been left by that person you trusted most reopened again. It stung, hurt and it felt as though someone had targetted you as their goal, aiming the arrow directly at where your heart lies and shot it, leaving you to bleed to death. That person whom you put your trust in, abandoned you, hated you and always wanted to get rid of you, in other words, wants you dead. That person is your brother, Kim Myungsoo.

 

---------------------

 

It was days after your parents abandoned you and your brother. Tears started forming at the corner of your eyes, as you sniffled.

"Oppa, I miss umma and appa!" you tugged your brother's arm but he swatted your hand away. You did not give up and kept on trying till he became angry and started yelling at you. That only cause you to cry louder.

"Can you just shut up?!" your brother screamed in your face even though you were clearly sobbing. Tears flowed down your cheek like a never ending fountain. You didn't listen to him but just kept crying. He sighed in frustration, messing up his hair, glaring at you with spiteful eyes. Reaching out his hands, he wrapped his fingers around your long ponytail, holding firmly in his grasp and giving it a hard tug. It causes your head to jerk back, causing you to yelp. To him, because he could not feel anything, he didn't care but to you it was different. It hurt you a lot and you cried even more due to the amount of pain that was being inflicted on you. Your skull hurt and lasted very long. 

"YAH!" he screamed in your face, causing you to flinch. You continued sobbing and felt inferior because the person in front of you wasn't a human but a monster. 

"Why can't you just shut the hell up?! Since the day you were born, you kept on crying non-stop! Why can't your mouth just close for once? It was better if umma and appa didn't have you. It was better if you were dead, if you hadn't come to us or even existed, our family wouldn't turn this way!" he yelled at you with anguish, face red with anger that he was shaking badly. Anger got the best of him and he just lashed it out onto you without even thinking twice about you having physical and emotional scars that could haunt you for life but why would he care since he already hated you. 

You did not understand what was happening. One moment you had a loving and caring family, and a broken family at the next. It's far from broken because you don't even have a family anymore. All of them had left you alone. All alone in this cruel world, to fend for yourself.

Since that day, you became quiet and did not even notice that he had left the house, looking for another place to stay, somewhere that is far away from you. Once you found that, you started crying all again but only this time there was nobody to ask you to stop. You cried to sleep every time and always puffy eyes in the morning. All the students would tease you about your puffy eyes and that it look like fish. You hide your feelings to yourself covering it up with a cheerful face.