Chapter 3: Sick

My One and Only Lady [Editing]

 

Author's pov:

 

Night fell and you were shivering under the thick blankets off yours. Your teeth were clattering although the windows were tightly shut. Beads of sweat were forming on your forehead as it was burning hot whilst your body was very cold.  It was hell for you. 

Morning came, it was already 7:30 in the morning and you had not yet woken up. School starts at 8 but you were still in bed sleeping soundly as what others may think but, no. You couldn't wake up even though you wanted to. You forced yourself to open your eyes and luckily for you, it did. The surrounding was a blur. You look at the clock and gasped, 10 more minutes and school starts. You stumbled out of bed and went to the bathroom.

Your body felt like it was going to break down anytime soon, you felt so weak. You tried your best to quickly change into your uniform, it was a struggle for you as your hands were like jellies. As you walked down the stairs, you needed to hold the handrail for support. You head started spinning, you shook your head trying to get your vision clearer but nothing seems to get better. Finally, your body gave up on you and you tumble down the stairs, unconscious. 

Time flew by quickly and soon it was afternoon, it had been hours since you were unconscious. Your eyes open bit by bit, your vision was a blur. Groggily, you sat up, your head was still spinning but has been better. *Am I sick?* you wonder and place your hand on your forehead but recoil back quickly. *Yes I am.* you sigh and struggle to stand. You're leg felt like jelly and could give out any minute. You slowly made your way to the kitchen. Pulling out a drawer that kept all the medicine. You filled a cup of water before gulping down the medicine. You made a face at the taste of the medicine. *I swear that I'm never going take that ever again* you shook your head. Drowsiness took over you as you lay down on your couch. Your eyelids were threatening to close so you gave up and went into another deep slumber.

 


 

Morning came as your eyes flutter open. Checking your temperature you sigh. *Must well take a break..* you shrugged and went to take a shower first before taking your medicine. You didn't feel like eating anything so you just grabbed a plain wholemeal bread and munch on it. 

It went on like this for two more days. For the past few days, you didn't eat or even touch any junk food except for plain bread. You had lost at least about five pounds. *Back to school tomorrow..* you solemnly thought. You loved to study but the thought of people talking bad about you or insult you made you don't feel like going to school. *Fate is just fate, what can I do?* you thought sadly as you pulled the blankets up till your shoulder before going to dreamland.