Chapter 14: Insecure

My One and Only Lady [Editing]

Author's pov:

 

"RISE AND SHINE!" your eyes shot wide open in alarm as you heard a deafening sound just right beside your ears. Shooting out off the bed quickly, however, your foot got stuck in a tangled mess in between the blanket causing you to hop on one foot in hopes of regaining your balance but failed. 

"Ow," you rub your , closing one eye as the pain was immense though you had experienced it lots of times already. Pouting you slowly sat up, glancing up at the culprit who was now giggling at the sight. 

"Jennie yah..." you whine, still in your sitting position as you continue to rub your sore . Glaring at her, you stood up with the help from Jennie but because she was still giggling over the cute sight of you tumbling down from the bed, you had to push yourself up mostly. Muttering at how early it was though it was a weekend. Jennie stopped giggling and look up just to have the toilet door to be slammed in her face. Blinking rapidly, she pursed her lips thinking that you are mad at her.

"Aish, did I go overboard?" she wondered out loud not knowing that the other members were there as well. 

"Of course you did, you should have known better to not pull such a prank on her after knowing her side story. She could've taken it the wrong way, thinking that you are trying to make fun of her. Jennie-ah you know her better than the rest of us plus she place her trust on you." Jisoo said as she patted Jennie's head while the rest of the members went on to do their things. Sighing, Jiyeon nodded her head while pouting. Glancing at the toilet door which is still locked up because you're taking your own sweet time washing up. Walking up to the door that was keeping you and her apart. Knocking on it softly which was loud enough for you to hear. 

"Jiji? Youngji-ah, mianhae, I didn't mean to offend you in any way, I was just joking but I think I went too far. Mianhae, forgive me?" Jennie apologises, standing by the door waiting for your reply but it never came. *Is she still mad at me?* another sigh escaped her lips as she drags herself out of the room dejected. 

 

------------------

 

Your pov:

 

"I'm not even mad at you, why apologise?" I mumbled to myself as I squeeze dry my hair. Unlocking the door and stepping out, I went out to the dining room and saw that all of the BLACKPINK members are already sitting down, happily chatting with one another. Suddenly feeling that if I went and join them, I would be an extra person. Quickly turning around, about to go back to the guest room but unfortunately that wasn't successful. 

"YoungJi ah, aren't you gonna come join us to eat?" I heard Lisa the youngest of the group calling out to me. I slowly turn around and force out a smile, "Ani, I'm not hungry." I was about to turn back but stop when I heard Jennie's voice. 

"Is it because of me that you don't want to eat? If that's the case then-" 

"I'm not mad at you." I cut her off but not looking at her. Jennie gave me a confused looked.

"Huh? If you're not mad at me then why don't you wanna join us?" I fiddle with my fingers, biting my lips looking anywhere but not her face. *Because it doesn't feel right.* 

"You don't have to lie to make me feel better. I'm really sorry if I-" 

"It's not that!" I cried out not wanting her to think that it was all her fault when it isn't. "It's not your fault, it never was in the first place. I'm not offended or hurt when people calls or make fun of me anymore because I have learnt how to ignore it. It's just that, it doesn't feel right sitting with a group of girls which is the total opposite of me. Call me an idiot but I feel -" 

"Insecure." she helped me finish off my sentence. I nodded my head. still looking down refusing to look up. I heard her sigh. Hearing the sound of footsteps, the next thing I knew was that Jennie had her face turned upwards while she had her body bent down. I blink down at her, not knowing what she had in mind. Grinning at me cheekily, she took hold off my hand but I pull away throwing her a look. 

"Just trust me," she reassures me. Guiding me more like dragging me to the table, we stood by the table while the rest look at us waiting for us to take a seat. Warily taking a seat, I keep my head down. 

"Guys, do you think Jiji is different from us?" Jennie asks the members. Looking up, I saw everyone of them shaking their head. 

"Do you think that she is good enough to stay in our group?" she ask again. They all nodded their head with smiles on their face which made my heart swell with happiness. Jennie turns to me with a grin in her face,"See, everyone here likes you. So don't be affraid because BLACKPINK's got your back!" she patted my head. Nodding my head, I smile back to her in return.