8

Behind These Masks

It was the first week of practice in preparation for the dance competition. First session was for the mass dance. Everyone gathered for further instructions. The position, the coordination, the teamwork. It was hard. Especially when the queenkas were being to whiny about the humidity of the hall, about how they wont be notice if other students blocks them bla bla bla.

The rest just took it in while Taehee and Chaerin rolled their eyes, pissed. Taehyun on the other hand, was at the other end of the crowd of students, glancing at his twin and the love of his life who rolled their eyes. He slightly shook his head and carved a weak smile knowing how much his twin and Chaerin dislike the queenkas.

The mass session was over, but not for the almighty kingkas and queenkas since they are the representatives of their school. While the rest packs to leave, the kingkas and queenkas took a break before continuing their routine. As usual, Ji Hyun went running to Sunggyu, locking her arm with his. He was so uncomfortable, peeling her hands off him and walk away leaving a pouting Ji Hyun who was then folding her arms while the rest of her followers stood by.

"Come on unnie, you know how they are after practice." Sohyun said and they followed Infinite from behind. Before getting back to practice, Sunggyu brief s, giving them comments about how they were during practice. Being a leader, it has been his responsibility to lead his dongsaengs. I mean look at those movements, synchronization. You have to thank him for his harsh comments that they worked so well together so far, well somehow thanking him.

Ji Hyun too was briefing her girls. Reminding them to be extra y, extra seductive for their dance moves. Rolls eyes, what on earth are they thinking? 

 

 

 

Taehyun's P.O.V

"A penny for your thoughts, Chaerin ah?" She seems...is something bothering her? Chaerin, Taehee and I headed for home together since Chaerin is coming over since she's paired with Taehee for a project. The walk back home, it has been me and Taehee talking all along. Chaerin palms were still clutching to her backpack straps, eyes on the pathway while we walk. When we asked for her opinion, she would look up for a second and gave a weak smile and nod and continued doing what she did.

"Yeah is something bothering you Chaerin ah? You seem all...dazed" Taehee asked her. 

"Y-yeah Im fine. Perhaps I'm just too tired." Again the weak smile. Sighs, come on Chaerin ah.

"Ah, oppa, I forgot I need to get my pay from the cafe. Why not you head home with Chaerin first?" Taehee voiced out. Wait, w-what?! As much as I like...no love the idea...this is it.

"Eh? Chaerin? She should go to the cafe too then since she...erm...needs to get her pay too? You both work together right?" Seriously what is wrong with you Taehyun! I thought while slapping myself mentally.

"Nah, she already got hers in advance. Oh come on, bring her home first, oppa. Since she's tired, get all the rest first before we start on our project. I'll make it quick and be back home in no time. Pretty please." Aish this brat, clasping her hands and pouting. Well I have to admit, I have the most awesome twin when it comes to aegyo. I just smiled and ruffled her hair. Perhaps I should use this chance to confess? Or not?

"Arasseo, just be careful when you're on your own!"

"Neh oppa! Chaerin ah, rest well alright. I'll bring your favourite cream puffs back home later!" Chaerin just smiled and nodded.

"What about me?" I asked while pouting.

Taehee just laughed. "Arasso, I'll bring back for the whole family." I felt my cheeks burning. She did not just emphasize on family while her gaze was on Chaerin, and let out a small laugh.

"Why, whats wrong?" Chaerin voiced out. I gave Taehee a glare and she was still laughing.

"Nothing Chaerin ah. I'llgonowbye!" And in a split second, she ran down the road. Chaerin and I just looked at each other and smile while walking back. It was all quiet and sort of awkward. Should I initiate the conversation? Should I, should I? Urgh, brace yourself Taehyun ah...

 

Here I go.

 

 

 

Taehee's P.O.V

After I ran down the street, I stopped and pumped my fist up in the air. Oh yeah, hope this works. Well to be honest I already got my pay yesterday but I just made an excuse hoping that pabo twin of mine will make his moves on Chaerin. Come on, it's been quite sometime, more than a year? 

"Annyeong Dara unnie!" I exclaimed as I entered the cafe since no one was around.

"Aigoo Taehee ah, what brings you here today. You're not working today right. Where's Chaerin?"

"Well, lets just say, Im giving Taehyun and Chaerin a chance to be together, heheh~"

"Aigoo~ Dance again today, Taehee ah? You look, a little tired."

"Yeah, can I use your bathroom upstairs? I feel all sticky and uncomfortable."

"Sure, take your time. I'm sure you want your plan to work."

"Thanks unnie!" I went up and got comfortable for awhile before washing up. It's a good thing I brought my spare towels, outfit and my favourite necessities. Up above the cafe is like a small apartment for Dara unnie. Sometimes when she's busy handling her business, she would stay in. You can say it's her second home.

(Copy and paste link. Just assume this is her small apartment :

http://www.homedesignlatest.com/9-small-apartment-for-girl-with-pink-and-white-interior-decorating)

I got out of the shower after 20 minutes since the first thing I look at was the clock. I was drying my hair when I heard the ringing bell downstairs, indicating a customer just entered the cafe. I took my own sweet time till Im satisfied with how I look. Much better, no more nerdiness, just myself. Since I'm working tomorrow, I might as well do my laundry here and leave my training bag here and get them tomorrow. It's a good thing I brought an extra totebag to keep my personal belongings. Once I'm done, I headed downstairs.

"Oooh, where's the nerdy Ssang Hwang?" Dara unnie whispered while laughing when I stepped into the kitchen. 

"Hush unnie!" I whispered back. Oh yeah, apart from Chaerin, Dara unnie knew about it too. She overheard our conversation when we were closing the cafe one of the days. "Oh yeah unnie, can I have a box of cream puffs? Getting it for Chaerin and my family."

"Sure! Oh and can you please help me serve these tray of ice americanos and puffs to the customers? There's only a group of students out there so Im sure you can spot them outside."

"Taehee on the go! Oh, I might stay here for a little while. Call me when you need me unnie!"

"Won't Chaerin be waiting for too long?" 

"I don't think so. She seems so tired just now. Might as well let her rest longer, plus she's staying over so I guess it's not much of a problem." I said, and Dara unnie gave me an okay sign. I picked up the tray and headed outside. Those voices seems so...familiar. 

 

My eyes widened.

 

just got real.

 

 Ah, finally another update! Was suppose to update this last night but I fell asleep. Here you go! Leave comments alright (: