11

Behind These Masks

"Hyung, you okay?" Sungjong patted Hoya's shoulder leaving the latter startled. He noticed Hoya was in a daze ever since he got back to their usual hangout place after his detention.

In fact he had been all by himself at the counter, sipping on his drink. Hoya rubbed his nape, giving off a weak, slanted smile. "Oh, eh? Err yeah, I'm fine. I guess I'm just exhausted."

"The rest are into the game of kinect now. Join us hyung!"

"I will, shortly."

To be honest, Hoya was still thinking of Taehee. Not that he fell in love or what, it was just that something about Taehee that seems intriguing. As crazy as it sounds since they've seen each other only for the first time (well for Hoya it is), there's an aura and certain charm of hers that reminds him of someone he knew. Someone in the past. Hoya knew well not to dwell on what had happened long ago so he shook his thoughts off. Exhaling a long breath, with a smile on his face, he hopped off his seat and get back to his mates, who was all chaotic with their game of kinect. 

 

 

 

Another week have passed. It was lunch time but Mr Park had no intention of leaving his office. All these 'some-things-need-to-change-and-will-change' was driving him nuts. I mean, the intensive dance practice has been going pretty smooth and all students seems to be on track. In fact, the chereographies seems to progress quite fast though it's only the second week, but for the couple battle, where...no...how on earth is he to pick two students and train them hard in less than two months?!

On the verge of giving up, Mr Park plopped himself on his chair, rubbing his temple. Then an idea strucked him. Within seconds, his frown turned to a genius smirk.

And no, he's not gonna call in for Hoya and Dongwoo. In fact, a perfect synchronization of two individuals of different genders would be nice. Or unique.

 

Another trip to the dance arena would be fine.

 

 

 

"Dude whats wrong with you today? Our dance moves arent in-sync!" Taehyun exclaimed. He walked over to his MacBook and paused the track. Taehee wasn't in good spirits today. It's not usual to see her this quiet, unmotivated and not focused especially when she loves dancing so much. The twins have been chereographing a new dance half a day and not even half the dance was done. Things didnt fall into place. Sudden change of dance movements, missing the rhythm, hearts not for the dance...simply everything wasnt good.
 
"I-I'm sorry oppa. It's just...sighs...I dont know. I have been thinking a lot lately. I...We...nevermind..." Taehee walked pass her brother and left the dance studio for her room.
 
*Some thing is not right...*
 
Within seconds, Taehyun followed Taehee to her room. It's weird seeing his twin acting this way. He didn't like it when Taehee troubles herself so much with her thoughts. Seeing Taehee exploding when he has no idea what's in her mind is the last thing that he wants to happen. Trust me, it's not a good sight when Taehee explodes.
 
She entered her room lifelessly and throw herself on her bed. She closed her eyes and felt the left side of her bed sunken.
 
"Hey what's wrong?" Taehyun asked, calmly.
 
"Nothing...I'm just, tired."
 
"Hey come on, your nothing is something. Tell me, spill everything to me. Seeing you all lifeless and troubled makes me sad. And don't say forget about it cause you won't and you know I won't let it go especially when you're not okay."
 
Taehee sat up and heaves a sigh, eyes glued on her sheets. "Well, since this concerns us both, to be honest I'm tired of all this hidden identity thingy. We love dancing, people appreciate it, people compliments, bla bla bla, I'm tired of this already. Can't we just be ourselves when we're in school? If you get what I mean by now."
 
Taehyun heaves a sigh. To be honest, he too feels the same way but he have been trying to sort his thoughts, how to be themselves when people do not know themselves once they are themselves. Complicated much? Indeed it is.
 
"I get what you mean. To be honest I've been thinking a lot but I can't seem to get sort our identity out. I mean we've been labeled as nerds in school and I thought we succeeded in trying to hide our identity. But I too am tired of this. I mean, we can't just suddenly walk in to school, and be our real selves overnight. It's insane!"
 
"I understand. Since we've sort off have a similar thinking, I guess I'm not so troubled now since you're sharing my trouble." A soft smile was carved on her face. Taehyun looked up to his twin and smile. Patting her shoulder, he pulled Taehee in for a hug.
 
"We'll be fine."

 

 

A pretty short update after quite sometime. Have been pretty busy lately that I only read fanfics I subscribed instead of updating my own. Really sorry :/