16

Behind These Masks

Another day passed by. Taehee and Chaerin ended school early. It was a rare occasion, since the teachers had to dismiss school early for conference. They both took their time to Fondant Cafe once they were done freshening themselves after dance. Taehee was too frustrated with her "glasses" that she ripped them off her face halfway. Tough girl huh?

"Seriously!? Oh god like finally after more than a year! When did that fool ask you?"

"Err, last night?"

"Last night? Tell me Chaerin ah, both of you have been texting each other didn't you?"

"Urm..I guess so? Sort of..urm...yeah we did? Quite..sometime."

"How long is some time?"

"5 months? 6 months?"

"You liked him too didn't you? And don't you dare get all flushed up with me Lee Chaerin! Do you know how frustrating it is observing you two fools falling for each other and I'm not even in any position to make things work with you two? God I feel like smashing both your faces together at times!"

"Geez girl! Why would you smash our faces together anyway, heol~"

"Force kissing you guys."

"Tae~! And what did you mean by 'like finally after more than a year'? What went on?"

"Oh that, heh" Taehee winked before making her way into the cafe.

"Aish this girl!" Lost Chaerin stomped her way in.

 

"Wow, you miss me that much girls? You still have an hour before your shift starts!" Dara exclaimed. It has been a week since the girls came in for work. Can't blame school for giving exams right? Thankfully, Dara unnie had their shifts covered by Thunder's friends. Oh, Thunder is her brother by the way. 

Crushing Dara with a suffocating hug, Taehee squeezed the life out of her releasing her inner channeled aegyo "Unnie~ I miss you so so soooo much!" 

"Yah, I can see that. I'm suffocating here dear. Oh lord!" Chaerin chuckled at the side, slowly peeling Taehee away.

"Dude, she's smaller than you. Let her breathe~"

"Sorry Unnie. And babe, I'm no dude. I've got s."

"It's a C, Unnie~" Chaerin whispered. Dara have got to agree with her. 

"I heard that."

 

 

"Excuse me?"

 

Hoya 

School ended earlier today. The guys and I were not up for 4minutes invitation to hang out with them. Can you believe it? We had to sneak out of school just to avoid the fakes. All of us had to split up and run for our lives. I can't believe that either. I was with Sungjong and we happened to pass by this cafe. Weird, I've walked this route a couple of times but I missed this place. We both enter and made our way to the couches, enough to accomodate the seven of us.

"Annyeonghaseyo~ Welcome to Fondant Cafe." From the tag and attire, she must be the manager. With a smile, she handed us the menu. "Once you're ready to order, you can call for me. Enjoy your stay~"

"Nehh~ Gamsahamida~" Sungjong sang. Not long after, the rest of them walked in. Judging from the way they are, I bet Sunggyu and Woohyun had a hard time getting away from the pests. Well that's what those two agreed on.

Sungjong, being Sungjong had to add on to their misery. "Hyung, seems like the last time I saw you was ten years ago. You aged, a lot~". Dongwoo hyung had to laugh at the statement. Apparently, I am too.

"Shut up. I thought of amputating my hand when that woman clinged on to me!" 

"Well hyung, that's what you get for being our leader. Ji Hyun declared to the whole school that you both are dating." Myungsoo added with a smirk.

"Not even in infinity." 

The bell chimes and comes in two girls. I was praying to the Gods and heavens to please not let it be those witches. My breath hitched for a moment. 

 

She's here.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

 

Well hello dears! I finally updated after almost half a year. I apologized for the lack of updates. Life has been a roller coaster ride for me for the past months. I've got into several challenging situations and praises to god I got through the period. I'm pretty contented with how things are now. Oh, and I've a new job! I was slightly depressed when I depended on my previous part-time job. I got so worked each time I think of the future. But I'm assured with this line I am in. I apologize once again for the rant. Heheh. 

I was wondering, if I could get to know you better? I mean, I appreciate my readers and we can be friends! Just a short intro of yourselves is fine. That is if you are willing. :)

As a "gift", this short update is for you my dear readers. Thank you for hanging on. I promise I'll try to update as frequently as I can. To make up for the past months, I'll post at least two more updates within the next 24 hours. Happy reading dears!