7

Behind These Masks

"Err, I'll make a move first, I forgot I have got errands to run to. See you guys at dance class later. See you Mr Park." Taehyun stood up, smiled and bowed at Mr Park before making his move. Mr Park took Taehyun's sit and asked the boys about the Hwang twins and they told him all about the twins. He grew interested and was so immersed into listening to their story.

"Where can I see them in action? Are they really that good as what you told me awhile ago?" Mr Park asked.

"Dance Arena. Most Wednesdays they will be there. Trust us about the Ssang Hwang, sir. They wont disappoint you especially with your high standards." Mr Park chuckled at the last sentence. It's Thursday today. In about one week time, the twins will be at the arena again.

Mr Park knew he had to see the twins.

 

 

 

Taehee's P.O.V

I turned to see my brother leaving his friends. And what is Mr Park doing with his friends? Ooookay, none of my concern. Another day in school, nothing interesting, except for dance class earlier on. The cafeteria is peaceful as always. You know, because fangirls who are head over heels over the kingkas chose to go to the other cafeteria Infinite frequents. I was there once, with Chaerin and oh God, it was soooo...damn we left the place immediately and never got back there.

I was about to initiate a conversation with Chaerin who was too immersed eating her salad when we heard screams outside the cafeteria.

"What the heck was that for?" I said. We both looked at each other, shooking our heads slightly and shifted our gaze towards the cafeteria's entrance. Speak of the devils, here they are, the almighty kingkas, with their followers, making their way in. Wait, the queenkas too. Oh yeah I forgot, being labeled as the school's representatives, 4minute chose to stick around with Infinite. Partly because 3 out of 5 of them were so into 3 of Inifnite's members.

To be honest, Infinite can't be bothered but just entertain them for the sake of entertaining. Not that I bothered to know, I just heard that from some girls who were busy gossiping in class while I was too focused reading my 1Q84 book. Rolls eyes, there goes my peaceful lunch hour. Chaerin too shifted her gaze. We couldn't be bothered with them. 

Altogether 12 of them sat at the long table. The table was occupied at first but the occupants had to scram when Ji Hyun, the queenka leader held up one of their plates, signalling them to leave, leaving them no choice. The rest of the girls snickered, while Infinite just stood there waiting to settle down.

"Come oppas, we've cleared the table for us!" Ji Hyun exclaimed while making her way to Sunggyu and dragged him to sit beside her. Same goes for Hyuna who dragged Woohyun and Gayoon who dragged Myungsoo. Sunggyu tried to get away from Ji Hyun's grip but failed. Woohyun was being kind enough, smiling at Hyuna then he turned to s. Did I just see him rolling his eyes? Myungsoo, wait no, it's L. Poker face as usual. The rest of the members just rolled their eyes and settled down. 

What a sight really. The cafeteria is seriously getting noisy. I wasn't in the mood to continue eating. Chaerin suddenly drop her forks and signalled for us to leave the place. 

 

 

It's Wednesday again. The twins will be performing for the crowd. They had to extend their performance period since the crowd expected more from them. Little did they knew Mr Park made his way down with the purpose to see the twins in action, who knows, he might just scout them and make them attend the academy, which of course he has no idea that they were already part of it.

Lights off, music started. Here comes the twins in action.

After their performance, the twins were on twin alert. Cute isnt it? Twin alert, just in case someone rips their masks, or beat the out of them, or kidnap them to just reveal their identity. Funny arent they? Hoodies and masks still on, the twins made sure that the crowd already dispersed and no familiar face lurking around. Familiar face as in Infinite. They made their way through the secret alley and out of the arena. Mr Park who was nearby since he parked his car there, recognized the two familiar figure and their outfits. Walking towards them, he tapped on one of their shoulders. Taehyun who was surprised, turned quickly and pulled his twin, hugging her by the waist, taking few steps backwards. Whats more shocking, they just saw their teacher

"Oh I'm sorry if I startled you. Ssang Hwang?" He asked. The twins glanced at each other and turned to Mr Park, slightly nodding. Mr Park smiled. "I heard about you and came down to see. I was impressed with your performance. The crowd really loved you." The twins just stood there, not uttering a single word. Mr Park rubbed his nape. "Err...well are you two schooling?" The twins nodded. Again no words uttered. "Well I'm a teacher from Woollim Academy, Im sure you heard of it since the school is known here in our country. I was wondering perhaps you would be interested to join our academy?" The twins exchanged glances and raise their eyebrows. 

"Scratch that, heh. Your mysterious identity is...unique. I'll make a move. Nice job twins! Ssang Hwang Hwaiting!! You gain yourselves another fan here." Mr Park just smiled and walked to his car.*Join our academy? Seriously Park Jung Hee? You've not seen their faces and you ask them to be part of the academy? Stupid!* He thought while tapping his forehead.

The twins just look at their teacher walked away and left soon after. Once they reached the secluded alley nearby they removed their hoodies, mask and pants. Think nothing guys! Taehyun wore a pair of bermudas, and Taehee wore her denim shorts underneath those baggy pants. They wanna leave no clue once they leave the alley. Looking around, again making sure no familiar faces lurking around, they left the alley. Both of them said nothing. Just a quiet journey home. It was 10.30pm when they reached home.

"How was it my dear twins? Lovely crowd once again?" Their mom greeted at the doorstep. Both of them were exhausted and just nodded. Taehyun made his way in, both hands gripping on his backpack, Taehee dropped her bag and dragged it in. Both walked to the sofa at the dining area and slumped themselves on it.

Mrs Hwang slightly shook her head looking at her children. "Alright, just rest there for a moment. I'll make you both your favourite homemade ice lemon tea. Dont forget to wash up before sleeping."

The twins looked up and beamed.

"Thanks omma! Youre the best!" They both said in sync. They glanced at each other and chuckled.