4 Minutes

Misconception

The last performer cleared the stage and the stadium went completely dark. All that could be seen were flashes of neon pink lights being waved to and fro throughout the entire crowd. The screen suddenly lit up again and loud, powerful synthesized horns blared through the sound system followed by strong bass and percussion. A girl... no... a woman strutted down the steps of the stage and approached what appeared to be some sort of piece of gymnastics equipment. For this performance, she would be using it to completely take charge of her audience.

The screams around him were deafening, but he sat silently, dissecting her every move. His eyes stayed focused on her form, even ignoring all of the male hands being placed on her, lifting her up and setting her down. As if the powerful moves weren't enough to drive him wild, during mid-performance she was stripped of her tight, black pants and performed a pole routine in fishnets. It wasn't just about the dance moves, the performance itself was passionate. The performer wasn't the best he had seen, but someone who clearly had experience in commanding a crowd and was in love with her craft.

The rest of the concert was spent in a daze. He hadn't cared for these songs that played non-stop on the TV each week, but he saw them in a different light now that he knew the woman behind those corny, unoriginal ensembles he would scoff at when watching from home. It was still unreal that someone like him, with his particular taste, would even be present at something like this. Young Bae wasn't able to make it to the concert after all and told him he could go in his place, but TOP had just planned to throw the ticket in the waste bin. At least that's what he told his band mates. But here he was. For some reason he was drawn here. And he had to figure out how to get out without being discovered.

He knew better than to stay for the encore. TOP quickly made his way out of the stadium unnoticed, praying that any media people would either be backstage or in the audience. He dressed as plainly as possible and had his sunglasses and hoodie ready to evade the fans. He was sure that none of his fans would be present, so he wouldn't be easily recognized by the girl group lovers. Just as he thought he had his bases cleared, he was spotted by someone.

"Oh... TOP! Big Bang's TOP! TOP! Is that you?"

TOP walked on, pretending to ignore whoever was calling his name. Suddenly he was surrounded by an entire film crew and flashes were going off all around him. He must've timed it wrong as it seemed that a lot of the concert goers were already making their way out.

"TOP! So you came to watch SNSD's concert? Are you a fan?"

TOP checked to see the name on the cameras. Crap. This station certainly wasn't going to let this go easily. He would be on tomorrow night's news for sure.

"Well.. ummm..."

Before he could come up with a lousy excuse, he was tapped on the shoulder and before even looking back; he felt it was someone important by the way the cameramen were flailing about, trying to get a good shot of the both of them. He turned his head to find actor Lee Min Ho. He even had to look up a little. The man was a tower.

"LEE MIN HO! You were here to see the SNSD concert! Did you two come together?"

HA. Together? The only thing he knew about the kid with his arm around his shoulder was that he stole a part that he had wanted badly. City Hunter was everything he had wanted in a role. There was action, romance, and a much better plot than his last drama Iris. But this kid must've had something special, because he got the part and was now known all over Korea.

Lee Min Ho grinned. "I am here to support my co-star, Im Yoona."

"Ahhhh! Yes, you two are starring together! And TOP..."

"TOP is one of my buddies. I really didn't have anyone to accompany me so I begged him to come with me. He was a good sport. It's not his type of show, but I think he enjoyed himself. Not as much as I did though." Min Ho gave the camera a wink. TOP had the strong urge to roll his eyes, but resisted. This guy was saving his life right now.

"Yes, I don't have much interest in girl groups, but I'm here to support my friend." TOP was hoping that not only the media would by this, but everyone back at his label as well.

Lee Min Ho did some promoting for the drama and the reporters seemed satisfied. They finished their segment and the cameras continued to flash as Lee Min Ho jumped into the passenger's seat of TOP's car.

"If we're going to keep the facade going, we have to at least act like we drove together."

TOP began to drive off. "Why?"

"What?"

"Why did you help me out back there? We don't actually know each other."

"You just looked desperate. Like you were stuck in a tough spot. I think we all know how the media misconstrues things like this." The two men stayed silent when Min Ho found the opportunity to ask the question of the night, "So... what were you doing at the concert? Are you friends with any members of SNSD?"

TOP was stuck once again and didn't know how to answer the question. He decided to be a bit truthful. "More like acquaintances...”

"With? If you don't mind me asking..."

"Not at all. Yoona."

There seemed to be tension after he said it. The atmosphere just didn't feel right.

"Yoona... so, how do you know her?"

"You're asking a lot of questions, you know that?"

He had to stop giving attitude. He just remembered that this kid had not only gotten him out of a sticky situation, but was currently cast in a drama with his girlfriend. He had to come up with something good so this wouldn't get back to In Na.

"I'm Sorry... I'm just tired. I meant, well my girlfriend is in a drama with her. She was supposed to come with me tonight, but she had other plans."

He HATED having to admit such private information about his love life to someone he barely knew or trusted. But it was the only way to deflect attention from any ties with that little girl.

Min Ho raised his eyebrows. "Girlfriend? Yoo... In Na? She's a YG actress so I'm assuming..."

"You've assumed correctly. But we're not dating publically, so if you could please keep this quiet. And don't tell her I told you."

"My lips are sealed."

The rest of the ride was mostly silent and they only spoke when TOP needed directions to Min Ho's apartment. When TOP parked at the front, Min Ho turned to him before leaving.

"Thanks for the ride. You know, I thought you were still bitter about losing City Hunter to me. But I guess that's all in the past now."

TOP tried to control his feelings of anger. The blows to his ego he had taken this day, and now this kid was taking it a step further.

"No. I'm not bitter at all."

Min Ho smirked. "That's good. And you know, I'm kind of relieved you have a girlfriend. I thought for a second there... you and Yoona... well, let's just say I'm glad there's nothing there."

He got out of the car and Tabi was livid. Who does this kid think he is?

It was late, but he decided to head to the YG recording studio to get some work done. He couldn't sleep with all the thoughts running through his mind. He slipped through the building, being careful to avoid being seen by anyone, although it wasn't too difficult since everyone was either sleeping or at individual schedules.

He finally let out a sigh of relief after seeing the door to the studio, his safe haven. He entered to find Jiyong and Seungri sitting together, concentrated on whatever they were watching on the laptop in front of them. When they looked up and saw him, they started giggling uncontrollably like 5 year olds.

"HYUNG!" they both yelled out simultaneously, with suspicious smiles on their faces.

"What? What is it?"

He walked over and stood behind them to see what exactly was so funny to his 2 dongsaengs.

Jiyong elbowed Seungri, "Replay it!"

And there it was, the very thing that TOP had dreaded. Already broadcasted.

"It seems a few celebrities were spotted at SNSD's concert in Seoul today. Among them were actor Lee Min Ho, who is co-starring in a drama with SNSD's Yoona, and Big Bang's TOP." Cut to Min Ho.

"I am here to support my co-star, Im Yoona."

Then to TOP. "I don’t have much interest in girl groups, but I'm here to support my friend."

Cut to Min Ho promoting the drama. OVER. Wait.... what?

"It seems that Yoona has many celebrity friends these days, including TOP from Big Bang!"

So that whole bit about how he was only there because Lee Min Ho begged him to, was... cut out?

"I thought I was the only one that was friends with SNSD!!!" Seungri pouted, but could not keep the grin off of his face.

"Hyung, so you lied about not going to the concert, you were there with your 'best friend' Lee Min Ho and you're friends with SNSD's Yoona? So much that you hide from us!" Jiyong knew the humiliation he was causing and was enjoying it very much.

"I didn't say that!"

"Tsk Tsk. You tease us for liking SNSD and here you are, going to their concert without us!"

"Did you guys not have schedules today?"

"Cancelled!" the two boys shouted out, continuing to laugh at TOP's awkward expressions.

Suddenly, his phone began to go off. He glanced at the caller ID. In Na. He wasn't in the mood to explain himself, AGAIN. He ignored the call and tried to think of ways to defend himself against his unruly dongsaengs. The phone went off again.

"Answer it. We already know who it is anyway." Seungri snickered.

He looked at the Caller ID to find that it was an unknown number. He picked up.

A strange female voice began shouting through the receiver. "What is your problem? We are NOT friends!"

Author's Note: To those of you who were subscribed a while ago... I know!! This update has taken awhile. I apologize. New subscribers, welcome!! :-)

Just a note to any non-SONE or anyone new to SNSD that may be reading, the performance is based on Yoona's actual performance of "4 Minutes." Make sure to check out a fancam to see what had TOP so mesmerized :-)