Be Mine

Misconception

Yoona walked onto the set the next day, not feeling well at all. Perhaps it was lack of sleep, stress or a combination of the two, but she was starting to come down with something. She came in early to go through her lines, and even then, had to take breaks and sit down to avoid feeling dizzy. Word spread quickly amongst the cast and crew that their star was feeling a bit under the weather. But Yoona tried her best not to let it show. She headed towards her dressing room to get ready to shoot the first scene. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but she had a feeling something bad was about to happen. Just then, her wardrobe stylist approached her and immediately bowed 90 degrees.

"Unnie... what's going on?"

The stylist had a guilty look on her face.

"I'm sorry. They made me."

She held up Yoona's outfit. It looked hideous. Far worse than anything she'd ever worn as an SNSD member. It was a puke green colored jumpsuit with giant jewel rhine stones going around the middle.

"Is this... a joke?"

Her stylist hung her head down in shame and handed it to Yoona.

What in the hell would I need an outfit like this for? I'm playing a country girl, not an alien!

Being the professional she was, Yoona kept all the complaints to herself and walked out to the set in her ugly suit. The first to spot her was the director.

"Looking good, Yoona!" he tried to hide his laughter as the crew joined in to shower her with compliments.

Are these people being sarcastic or are they even worse fashion terrorists than I am?

Just then, TOP walked on to the set, looking as gorgeous as ever in a dark grey suit. Needless to say, she didn't feel any better about herself knowing she'd be filming with someone who looked like he'd just stepped out of an Armani catalogue.

"Am I supposed to do a scene with Choi Heejin or Kermit the frog?"

The entire room burst out into laughter.

Why this little jerk...

"OK OK TOP, I think I've laughed enough today," the Director practically fell out of his chair laughing and could barely get his words out. "Get her back into wardrobe!"

"Excuse me?" Yoona was beyond confused.

Yoona did as she was told and walked back into her dressing room. TOP followed.

"Get out!"

"MERONG!!!" It was the most peculiar sight. The man looked like a 5 year old child as he stuck out his tongue at her.

"What is wrong with you?!"

"It was my idea, but we were all in on it. I told stylist unnie to make you think this was your outfit for today."

Yoona turned to her stylist. "UNNIEEEEEEEE!!!!"

The girl had turned pink and merely bowed her head at Yoona while giggling with TOP. Another fangirl.

"Any opportunity I have to make you look silly is an opportunity I'm going to take!"

"JJINJA!!! Go away!!"

TOP smiled and waved goodbye, very childishly, as he walked out of the room.

Anyone else in the world would have wanted to kill TOP. But there were 2 ways to get to Yoona's heart. Food and humor. As soon as he was out of sight, she laughed like a madwoman to herself, imagining what it would have been like to see her own reaction after being handed that atrocious thing to wear.

TOP stood outside the door and smiled to himself, just happy to hear that laughter once more.

"Yoona-ssi," her hairdresser called out to her. "You know... I've worked with Big Bang's TOP before. I've never known him to be this playful."

Yoona smiled to herself. We can just be friends, can't we?

Word had gotten around about the prank and in another dressing room down the hallway, Minho scoffed as his manager told the story.

"I've wanted this for too long to let him beat me to it."

"Well, you've better hurry, Minho. Because if you don't make a move, someone else will."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOP headed back towards his dressing room. He was ready to go but had to wait while Yoona filmed a scene with Minho. He found In Na waiting for him.

"I brought some tea and brewed it for you. Your favorite." She smiled hopefully.

Yoo In Na.... she was a good kid. Although she was about 5 years older than TOP, this is the way he thought of her. They had been dating for 6 months already and the first time he had told her he loved her was that day over the phone. The day it was forced out of him. But why did he continue to stay in this one-sided relationship?

He took the mug of tea and brought it to his nose. "It smells delicious. Thank you."

Lavender tea wasn't his favorite. Hadn't he told her the smell of flowery teas just didn't sit right with him? But he didn't want to make her feel bad. Anytime he felt impatient towards his girlfriend, he reminded himself of that time, 4 months prior. He had always treated his recent girlfriends as toys and In Na was no exception. In Na had heard of one of his many excursions and that night she drank herself silly. When he picked her up from the bar, she fell onto her knees in tears and pleaded.

"I don't care who you play around with. But please... stay close to me."

How broken that woman had to be to suggest something like this. Ever since that night, he kept his late night meetings to a minimum and vowed to take care of this woman, this girl, whose heart was just as shattered as his.

He put the mug back down on the counter and stepped over to her. The coast was clear. He leaned forward and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead and held on to her for a few moments. He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep the ruse going.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dong Wook oppa was outside waiting for Yoona late at night to take her back to the dorms. She was exhausted, both mentally and physically. She didn't know how much more she could take of acting like TOP's girlfriend for the drama. She couldn't wait until they got rid of his character.

She sat back in her seat and closed her eyes, thinking back to the day's events. She thought back to the prank that seemingly made her day brighter. She had laughed until it hurt and decided to pay TOP a visit to thank him for bringing a smile to her face, even if that hadn't been his intention. And that's when she spotted them together.

She couldn't wait to get back in the dorm. She had been holding all these feelings back to herself, but today she promised she'd tell the girls. They needed to know about her growing feelings for TOP. Maybe if she confided in them, she could get over it faster.

"Minho oppa?"

She was shocked when she opened the door to her dorm and found Minho sitting on her couch along with all 8 of the girls huddled around him. They squealed when they saw her and started scattering off in all different directions. Jessica and Seohyun were the last to go, and they dragged themselves away to their bedrooms, but not without a few dirty looks in Minho's direction.

"Ahem."

She had just noticed a bouquet of roses sitting in his lap. He stood up to greet her. Without her heels on, he towered much higher over her.

"I brought you some soup since I heard you were sick. You may want to go get some because I saw some of your unnies practically drooling over it."

She could only picture Sooyoung's face at that moment and let out a giggle.

"These are for you, too." He handed her the bouquet. "I think I've made it known for quite awhile now that I'm interested in you. I think working on this drama has made me want to know more and more about you. After we shared that kiss... I couldn't stop thinking about you."

"Minho..."

He reached into his pocket and took out a small black box. He opened it to a reveal a silver, heart-shaped necklace.

"Will you... be my girlfriend?"

"Umm... what?"

He smirked. "Girlfriend. I want you to be mine."

A thousand different thoughts raced through her head at once. Here was Lee Minho, a very good looking, kind, funny, and romantic guy, asking her out. What more could she want in a man? He was the perfect boyfriend on paper, just like Park Seunghyun of North Star. Thousands of Korean women would love to be in her place at this very moment. It would be a fairytale come true.

But on the other hand, she only thought of him as a friend. Still... the man her heart DID desire was all wrong for her. That man was taken. Could Minho be the one to make her forget about Choi Seunghyun?

He noticed her hesitation. "You know... you don't have to give me an answer now."

She looked up at him inquisitively.

"I don't mind waiting for you. In exchange, I want you to keep this necklace, no matter what your final answer ends up being. And most importantly, spend more time getting to know me. No strings attached."

It seemed like a very fair exchange. Getting to know one another with no promise of a future committment.

Lee Minho stuck his hand out to Yoona. "Do we have a deal, Ms. Im?"

Yoona hesitated, but finally stuck hers out as well and shook his hand firmly. "We have a deal, Mr. Lee."

He laughed and she was captivated for a moment. There was something about him that had every woman in Korea in the palm of his hand. Maybe it was time that she noticed it as well.

"I'm gonna go. I don't want to keep your members up for too long."

He knew them well. As she closed the door behind him, she turned and found all of the girls emerging from their rooms, chattering excitedly over what had just occurred.

"Can I get any privacy in this dorm?"

"You're kidding me, right? Do you know whose dorm you live in?" Sunny flashed her a devilish smile and winked.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The producers of North Star were more than pleased at the ratings of the drama. They shot up into the early 30's, which was almost unheard of in the age of cable channels and web series. When the stars had arrived on set, the director had a huge announcement for them.

"Yeorobun! You have all been informed about the official drama extension, yes?"

Everyone nodded, still half asleep. Was this man still sane? They had been working overtime and losing sleep due to the extra filming. Of course they were informed.

"Our writers have been working around the clock in order to ensure that we will have exciting new plot developments, which are sure to bring higher ratings. So everyone, we will be filming in Jeju Island!"

The crew members chosen to leave to Jeju began to jump around and cheer. Jeju Island wasn't exactly an exotic location, but these people were ready to take anything that remotely resembled a vacation. What Yoona could not believe was that noone had mentioned this to her before. It had to have been approved by her management. But why did everyone overlook her opinion?

"Director.... when will this be?"

"We begin in 2 days, Yoona! Your people have been preparing for your departure. Our 3 main characters will be filming scenes in Jeju. Yoona, Lee Minho, and Yoo In Na."

Yoona was relieved. Was TOP's character finally written off of the show? Even if he was still a part of the cast, just a few days without having to see his face was fine with her. And more time with Minho was definitely a plus.

As Yoona got ready to shoot what she hoped was one of her final scenes with TOP, her legs began to shake and she felt butterflies in her stomach. Angry butterflies. That were trying to fly up . It wasn't a good feeling. Although she had gotten used to getting into character and thinking of TOP as Choi Hee Jin's ex, not her crush, today was different. She hadn't noticed until she went over her lines the night before, but there was a kiss scene.

"Yoona, stay calm," Yuri advised," it's just a drama. And you're playing a part!"

"But Yul, I can't stand him! How can I get myself out of it?"

Yuri wasn't aware of anything that had happened between the two aside from the blind date. None of the girls were. After Minho left the dorms, she hesitated telling them anything now that they knew she had accepted to start seeing him as a potential boyfriend. What would they think of her? As a player? Or even worse... if they guessed she was using Minho to try and forget about TOP, they'd be spot on.

However, the girls weren't stupid. And if any of them were free on the nights North Star aired on TV, they all watched. Even they noticed something was different about Yoona when she acted with the Big Bang member.

Now Yoona felt alone. She wanted to call one of the girls, but she decided not to burden them and kept it to herself. She braced herself for the scene. She was called in and there he was. Looking more handsome than on any other day. TOP wore a simple white button-down shirt and a pair of dark-washed blue jeans with brown loafers. Yet, he looked amazing. As her character was above him in the fictional company, she wore a dress shirt with grey slacks. Hair and makeup were impeccable, thanks to her team, and she looked perfect to him. Although, it would have been the same no matter what she wore.

Both were aware of what was about to go down, but neither of them spoke of it.

Is he feeling the same way I am?

As they began to rehearse their lines, a frantic writer ran up to the set.

"Director! Director! There needs to be a change!"

"What? We're about to film a scene, what are you talking about?"

The writer stopped to catch his breath. "I'm sorry everyone, but there can be no kiss scene between these two." He pointed at TOP and Yoona.

"EXCUSE ME? It's a Big Bang member and an SNSD member! Do you realize how many people will tune into watch this?"

"Yes. Exactly. Two idols kissing." The writer looked a bit embarrassed and gave a small bow to the stars before continuing. "Director, someone spread a rumor that there would be a kiss between these two and our message boards have blown up... with anti-fans. There are some samchons complaining, but mostly Big Bang fans."

Yoona glanced over at TOP. He seemed to be in a daze and didn't notice her looking.

"SO WHAT? More publicity for us!" The director was livid.

"Director..."

"I'm right! And you know it! Those good for nothing teenagers can wage a war if they want, but as soon as the press catches wind of this, people will be scrambling to watch what the big fuss is about."

He turned to his stars. "Are you guys ready to film this or what?"

Yoona's stomach was turning into knots. She didn't expect to be getting all this attention for something so trivial. All she was doing was fulfilling every young Korean woman's dream by kissing both Lee Minho and TOP. But... they should congratulate her, not attack her. Right?

"No." It was TOP who objected.

"Excuse me?"

"Director, I came to this set on certain conditions. You told me that if I didn't feel comfortable doing something, that I wouldn't have to. You know how difficult it is to cast a YG star."

"Seunghyun-ssi..." the Director was shocked to see the sudden mood change.

"I have drama offers lined up from here to the moon. I don't need this, you know."

Was he insane? Sure there were dramas being offered to TOP almost weekly, but this was one of the biggest dramas in years. And how could he speak so rudely to the director? Was it... for Yoona's sake?

"TOP-ssi.."

He looked over at her sternly. "I'm not willing to lose any of my fans over this. Sorry." And with that, he walked into his dressing room, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket as he went to call his manager.

If he hasn't been written out of the drama by now, then he surely won't be filming with us after this...

Yoona felt like crying. She hated herself for wanting to cry over something so stupid. But she was good at holding back her feelings. She bowed to the Director and asked for permission to go back into her dressing room.

She sat on the couch in the dressing room and stared at her phone.

Text the unnies. She turned her screen on. Don't text the unnies. She powered it off.

Back in TOP's room, after having a harsh conversation with his manager, he could only picture how Yoona was feeling at this moment. He knew she liked him still. How could he not? The looks she gave him. The way she tried to avoid him and act like he was nothing to her. He knew better. He could've handled the situation better, but he didn't want to give her any illusions.

This is all for you, little girl. Whether we ever get a chance with each other or not, I'll never let you get hurt over me again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time to fly to Jeju. Yoona had so much on her mind that she was just as desperate as the crew to get away to anywhere. It didn't matter if it was for work. As long as she was out of Seoul. Her members helped her pack her bags. Yuri packed her plenty of pre-coordinated outfits, Sooyoung gave her perfume so she could "smell y for Minho", and Seohyun added in books and sunscreen.

"Girls, girls!" Yoona could not stop laughing at their antics. Everyone wanted to add something to her already heavy luggage. "Our plane is going to end up crashing with all of the things you guys are putting in here!"

"This is not just a regular trip for work, Yoona," Sooyoung explained,"You're going to be seducing your man!"

"He's not my man!" Yoona yelled out while giggling.

"Yoong!" Taeyeon shouted. She grabbed Yoona's wrist and dropped something in her palm. Breath mints.

"UNNIE!!!"

She felt happy on her way to Gimpo airport. The girls were being... well themselves. And she was looking forward to getting to know Minho some more.  Yes, they would be filming a majority of the time. But this was Jeju! An island paradise! She knew she'd get small blocks of downtime here and there. She was excited. She wasn't ready to use Taengoo's breath mints, but she'd spray on a little of Sooyoung's perfume. Reel him in, but not all the way. She giggled to herself, thinking she was silly for these thoughts.

On her way in she greeted all of the fansite unnies that were usually there to take her photos. Minho and In Na had already arrived apparently and there were tons of fangirls there for Minho, already beginning to disperse.

She had gotten all of her affairs settled and went to wait for her flight near the boarding area. She spotted her co-stars and had to do a double take. Was she seeing things?

TOP looked up at her and smirked that obnoxious smirk of his. And continued to look down at his iPad.

Author's Note: Next chapter... JEJU!!! And guys, this chapter seems to keep marking itself as "M". It's not me doing it. So if this problem hasn't already been fixed, I'm sorry for the disappointment haha.