Case of the Ex

Misconception

"T-T-T-TOP?!"

The man groaned and clutched at his precious jewels that had just been violently injured by the girl standing in front of him.

"Could you have.... just.... waited... to see.... who I was...?"

Yoona folded her arms together. "Ha! I don't care who you are! Who comes up to someone like that in the middle of the night, huh?"

TOP gained composure after a minute or so and stood to face his attacker. "Alright, alright. Whatever. You had your reasons to do that. But geez, you women just don't know the pain."

Yoona tapped her foot. "I don't have all night. What do you need, TOP?"

"Look, the reason I had to grab you that way was... ahh ok I was wrong for that. But this is really important."

"Important? Go on."

TOP let out a deep breath. "Well, you know how we were at the same restaurant earlier."

"Yes. I saw you dancing like an idiot outside. You seemed to enjoy the attention."

He wanted to help, but he was losing patience. Quickly. "Will you let me finish?"

"Hurry up!"

This woman. This woman would be the end of him. "Ok, so I kind of overheard something...."

2NE1's "Be Mine" blared loudly from TOP's phone. Their couple ringtone. Why did she always have to interrupt such important moments?

"You better answer that."

"I'll call her back."

Yoona began walking towards the door.

"Araseo, araseo." He answered In Na's call.

"Yes?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm out. Why?"

"You told me you'd call when you got home. I got worried."

"Yes, well I'm not home yet."

Yoona glared at him. He knew he had to end this call soon.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok."

"I'm ok."

"Alright, call me later. Saranghae!"

TOP paused. What? I love you? Why? Why now?

"Seunghyun... saranghae!"

Pause.

"Seunghyun, if you don't say it back, I'm going to assume you're with someone."

Oh God. Not only was he with someone, but he wasn't sure he even felt that way about her yet.

He whispered softly. "Saranghae."

"LOUDER!"

"SARANGHAE!" He hung up the phone. He looked to find Yoona back at the door, entering her code.

"Will you at least hear me out, God dammit?"

Yoona looked up and gave him a dirty look. "You're getting angry at me? Really? You're the one that came up and ambushed me in the middle of the night."

"And I have a very good reason for doing so!"

"I don't think In Na unnie would appreciate you standing outside my dorm, no matter the reason. I'm going inside."

"Yoona!" But she ignored him. She walked in and straight up the steps towards SNSD's dorm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"TOP, what is this?"

It was the next afternoon and G-Dragon played back the "Bingu TOP" news story for him. It was everywhere. Shots of TOP doing his famous dance from his Family Outing appearance.

"People think you were drunk."

TOP was having trouble coming up with a good excuse. What would he say? He did it to protect Yoona from Lee Minho? No way. Who'd even believe that? He stayed silent.

"Look, I'm telling you this as the leader, but you know YG is going to have a word with you later on. It's fine to let loose on variety shows, but you have to protect our image in public."

TOP simply nodded. He never felt like the hyung around Jiyong. Especially when he had been caught doing something wrong. But it was rare that YG had a problem with TOP and the press. It wasn't in his nature to act out in public.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drama had barely gone through half its run and already was talked about by half of Seoul. It seemed like everyone watched the drama. Teenagers, young adults and of course, ahjummas. Drama fans commented at how this drama was taking them back to the golden age, when shows like Winter Sonata or Kim Sam Soon got 50% ratings during their final episodes. There was talk of Hallyu and Japan picking up the drama after it aired. While the drama was far from reaching that Winter Sonata status, it had done better than most dramas in recent times.

A bunch of YG employees got together every Tuesday and Wednesday to watch Yoo In Na's drama. They said it was to support their co-worker, but in reality they had all gotten addicted. Seungri, the drama king, always made sure his schedule was clear so he could "support noona". The man was hooked.

"TOP! You have to watch this episode!"

"Are you serious? I don't have time for that! I have a song to work on!"

YG cleared his throat. After the dancing incident last week, YG had given TOP a long lecture on teamwork and looking out for the well-being of all YG stars.

"Fine."

It was episode 8. They watched as Heejin worked her way up at the company. They watched Go Hana try to make her life miserable. They watched as Heejin and Seunghyun bickered throughout.

"HAHA TOP hyung! It's so weird hearing our name, right? It's as if we're dating Yoona too!"

Sometimes he wished Seungri came with a remote. He needed the mute button.

"Oh HYUNG! Look at Min Ho! He's so cool right! OH! OMO! I can't believe he just said that!"

Only 10 more minutes till this thing is over, then I'm off to the studio.

Then it came. The scene. He wasn't expecting it as he hadn't even watched an entire episode of this drama prior to this one. The parking lot. The rain. Heejin's teary confession. Then...

"OMG! HYUNG! He's kissing her! He's kissing her!!!! WOOOW! I didn't think this would happen today!!"

Everyone had had enough by that time. They all turned to Seungri and shouted in unison, "SHUT UP!!!"

TOP was trying to contain all the emotions he was feeling. Was it anger? Sadness? He didn't know for sure, but seeing that man's lips against Yoona's was the most frustrating thing.

Back at the SNSD dorm, the girls sat in front of their television set, screaming.

"YOONA! You kissed him! " Sooyoung was laughing and screaming at the same time.

"AHHH! That was so romantic!" Tiffany laid her head on Seohyun's shoulder, whose jaw was still on the ground, not believing that her unnie had done a kissing scene so soon.

"That was hot!" yelled out Yuri. "I'm gonna text Taeyang to see if he was watching. Maybe he'll take a hint." She winked at Yoona.

Yoona laughed at their antics and looked down at the message she had just received.

Min Ho Oppa: Everyone's talking about the kiss.

Me: Haha I know. The girls are going crazy right now.

Min Ho Oppa: Sleep Tight. I'm looking forward to filming with you tomorrow.

Min Ho had become a lot more straight forward with his advances these days. He was certainly interested in her. She knew it. He was cute and respectful, but was she interested in that way? She wasn't sure.

"Who are you texting?" Sooyoung had leaned in and read the messages.

"Why are you even asking? You're already reading them!"

"You guys should date!"

"Unnie!!" Seohyun crossed her arms.

"Yoona! You should totally date him! I approve, because he's hot." Hyoyeon sent a thumbs-up her way.

"Girls, we don't even know anything about him!" Seohyun stammered.

"Seohyun is right!" Jessica said. Everyone was shocked that Jessica and Seohyun were on the same page about something, being that their personalities were so opposite. "For all we know he can be a devil in disguise."

"Girls, I can take care of myself. I haven't said yes to anything yet. We'll see what happens."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona arrived on set the next day, cheerful as ever. For one, the drama was doing better than anyone had expected. There were already talks of extending the drama and new characters had been added to the mix. The changes were happening so quickly, she hadn't even gotten to meet with the actors she would be working with. And then there was Minho. She actually felt butterflies when she thought of seeing him that day. Although she knew she'd have to change upon arrival, she had Yuri pick out an adorable dress to wear on set. And just as she had assumed, he noticed.

"You look beautiful today. Not that you don't on any other day." He smiled that smile. The one that had the nation captivated.

She could only beam back and head towards wardrobe to get ready for the day. While getting her makeup done, she over heard one of the stylists complaining.

"... and it's like, I know how to do my own job. I don't need anyone telling me what's what in my wardrobe closet."

Yoona's ears perked up and her hairdresser noticed she was distracted.

"Oh. Don't worry about that, Yoona. It's not you. The director hired someone who happens to be pretty particular on their wardrobe."

She finished getting ready and headed out for orders from the director, ready to meet a new co-star. And there he was. A brown haired man in a leather jacket and blue jeans. His hair was slicked back and his face looked impeccable. There was no mistaking that face.

"Yoona! Remember TOP? He's going to be working with us for the next few episodes!"

What? TOP? On the drama set? And... with normal colored hair.

He smiled at her and pointed to his head. "I had to get rid of it."

Why is he so cute? Wait, what is he even doing here? What's going on?

In Na had just stepped out from her dressing room at that moment.

"TOP. What are you doing here?"

So his own girlfriend had no idea what he was doing on set. Yoona thought back to the new script she had been given. Which character was he playing? Why hadn't she studied it the night before as Seohyun had suggested? She was trying to think back to when she flipped through it when it hit her. She was hoping it wasn't so. Choi Heejin's ex-boyfriend, Kim Young Jin.

Please be playing ANYONE but Young Jin.

"This is Kim Young Jin," said the Director as he pointed at TOP. He smiled nervously at his girlfriend and bowed to Yoona.

"That's... the ex-boyfriend?"

Oh he had to be in for it. For one, she knew In Na couldn't stand her. And on top of it he hadn't even told her he would be on set today? What was going on here?

"Why don't you two go run through your lines? Your scene is being filmed next."

Yoona and TOP both stood near their set with scripts in hand. Yoona was so furious, her hand was shaking and she couldn't concentrate.

"What are you mad for now?"

She glared. "I just saw you the other day. You couldn't tell me you'd be on set today."

"The director has been trying to convince me ever since the day after we were at the BBQ restaurant. I hadn't accepted until recently."

"Whatever."

"You should be happy you'll get to practice with such a good actor. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two."

He had been joking, as the rookie actor out of the two was him. But she didn't take it lightly and ignored.

The two went through the rest of their lines, but there was obvious tension.

"Ok folks, time to film!"

Heejin was torn. She had already been appointed to a high-level position by the chairman, Park Seunghyun's father. She had finally realized her feelings for Seunghyun himself. And here he was. Her first love. The man she had left behind in her little village. But he had completely transformed since then.

"Heejin-ah... I still can't believe it. I'm a model representing your department store and you... are so important."

"Young Jin oppa. I still can't believe it either. You're actually here in front of me."

"I followed you. I found out where you worked and I had to come look for you. I couldn't live with myself after letting you come to this big city by yourself."

Young Jin walked towards her and caressed her face.

"You're still just as beautiful as I remembered."

"And... cut! Perfect! Didn't think anyone could have more chemistry than the leads, but you two are off the charts. We'll finish the dialogue after a short break."

Yoona's heart was still beating out of her chest after feeling that hand on her face. She couldn't do this. There would be more romantic scenes coming up, she was sure of it. If she could barely make it through this scene, how would she fare then?

Author's note: I was in the mood to update hehe so double update today. Thank you to everyone who has stuck through even though I've been slacking. ♥♥♥ *does Bingu TOP dance for you*