My Real Life Hero

Misconception

"STALKER. How did you get this number?"

"I don't care what you call me anymore! I did what I had to do to get this number so I could you out!"

TOP did a fake gasp. "Wait. Did the Nation's Ideal Type just say a bad word?"

"SHUT IT. Shut your arrogant little mouth up right now!"

"You know I'm recording this right? My phone automatically records all of my phone calls," TOP said, trying to mask his laughter,"Imagine the Nation's Ideal Type on the news speaking like a country girl with no class."

As a satisfied grin began to spread on his face, he looked up and realized that he was still in a room with his band mates. Their smiles had faded and they sat there, mouths ajar, as if they were watching an animal at the zoo. TOP cleared his throat.

"I'll.... call you back..."

All that was heard were a woman's angry screams as TOP ended the call and put his phone on silent mode.

"Hyung... who was that?" GD looked puzzled.

"The Nation's Ideal Type?" began Seungri "That's.... SNSD's Yoona." Both dongsaengs turned to face each other and looked back at their hyung with disapproving looks.

"What? What are you guys looking at me like that for? I didn't give her my number! She's like a sasaeng! I don't know how she got it."

"But you just went on a blind date with her the other day..." Seungri pointed out.

"And you just came home from going to see her concert..." GD added in.

"Are you 2 crazy, or what? I have a girlfriend."

"That's never stopped you before," smirked GD.

"You're kidding me, Jiyong. Well, unlike you two, I actually have standards. Do you think I'd be seen with that little scrawny 12 year old on my arm?"

The boys glanced at each other once more. Seungri was the first to stand up. He walked over and placed his hand on the older man's shoulder. "Whatever you say, hyung. Denial is the first step."

"YAH!!"

Seungri walked away and GD stepped up to his hyung. "Anger is the second..."

"MICHEOSSUH?!" TOP picked up a notebook that was on the table, ready to throw, until he realized he was displaying the second sign of disease. Anger.

He spoke aloud to himself. "No... this is not... I'm just having a bad day." He set the notebook back down on the table and sat back on his chair. He took out a pen from his pocket and began penning down lyrics, the only way he could calm himself down after such an outburst.

Meanwhile, back at the SNSD dorm, Yoona had just finished throwing her phone to the ground. She screamed loudly and put her hands on her face. Yuri looked on with an expression of both amusement and concern.

"Yoona, well you know how they edit those things together..."

"Well what was that byuntae doing there in the first place! Taeyang couldn't go! So why was he there!?"

"Babo!" Jessica had suddenly appeared in the doorway. "Are you crazy? Are you going to keep screaming like a psycho or what?"

Yoona became silent and continued to hold her hands over her face.

"Yah! Yoona! Yoona!" Jessica softened her gaze and shot Yuri a glance. They both knew something was wrong. They immediately gathered around her and grabbed her in a hug as she sobbed softly into their arms.

Yoona struggled to explain herself between sniffles. "What... will... the ... fans... think?"

Yuri softly Yoona's hair as Jessica soothed her. "It'll be fine Yoona. We've all gotten caught having male friends at one time or another. Let people think what they want to think."

"He's.... not... my.... friend...I... HATE... HIM!!!!" Yoona sobbed even louder as the two band mates tried to calm her down.

"What's going on in here?" Taeyeon suddenly appeared behind them. "Yoona!"

"It's about TOP," Yuri explained.

"Ah... that man again?" Taeyeon giggled to lighten the mood, "You know, Yoona. If you keep running into him like this, it must mean that you guys are fated."

"WAAAAAAAH!!!!" Yoona wailed.  

"There, there Yoong. Guys, what's up with her today? I don't think I've ever seen her breakdown like this. You're the strong one! Him Yoona!" Taeyeon threw her fist up in the air for dramatic effect.

Jessica rolled her eyes. "She's been under a lot of stress lately. The drama filming, SNSD performances, the Strong Heart controversy, and now this..." 

Yoona's crying suddenly ceased. She quickly wiped her eyes. "The drama filming. I have to film today! I can't let them see me like this!!"

The girls that were at the dorm helped her cover up with makeup and Yuri picked out a stylish outfit like usual. She headed to the set ready to start filming the scenes in Seoul. Her character was beginning to become closer to Lee Min Ho's chaebol character, Park Seunghyun. And today she would have her first clash with the second lead, Yoo In Na's character, Go Ha Na.

She filmed the scene with Yoo In Na first. They both bowed to eachother before beginning.

"I'm looking forward to finally getting to work with you, unnie." Yoona said, "Did you want to practice before we started filming?"

In Na smiled. "I hope you don't take offense to this, but I'd rather be called In Na ssi for the time being. Let's keep the formalities until we actually start to get close. And I don't need to practice. I came prepared."

Yoona winced. "Mianhaeyo..."

The director of the drama walked over to them, rescuing Yoona from the extremely awkward atmosphere.

"Ah are we all ready to start filming?" Both girls nodded. The director began to lay out the scene for them.

"Well then, this is what I want you to do. Yoona, or Choi Hee Jin, is walking through this corporate building after having been sent a mysterious note to meet someone in the lobby. You are a simple-minded country girl, but committed to finding out your family history after your grandparents have passed away." He pointed to In Na. "Go Ha Na is your polar opposite. She is a powerful business woman who has lived a cold life of luxury. A chic girl, if you will. After having seen you have a close conversation with Park Seunghyun earlier, she feels threatened. At this moment, she has no idea what you came for, but she wants you out of her sight and far away from Seunghyun."

In Na turned to Yoona and glared into her eyes.

"Choi Hee Jin is meek, but she must stand her ground. This is going to be a scene that's filled with tension."

The director yelled at the crew to get in place.

"Ready... and ACTION!!"

Choi Hee Jin stood in the middle of the lobby, looking desperately for the person who had sent her the letter. Go HaNa spotted the simple girl from across the room and stomped over angrily, her heels almost carving holes into the marble floors.

"Excuse me, young woman. But I can't have you standing out here in the middle of our lobby. We have a business to run and you're scaring off our customers."

Choi Hee Jin looked up at the beautiful woman who towered before her. "I'm sorry." She bowed.

"Don't be sorry. Just get out of here."

Choi Hee Jin slowly turned to leave when she gathered some courage and turned back to face the woman. "I'm here to see someone."

Ha Na laughed. "And who would you be here to see exactly? Were you looking for the handsome man you were talking to earlier. My fiancee?"

Hee Jin looked up at Ha Na with a pained look on her face. "That.. that.. was your.. fiancee?"

"Oh what, do you think a handsome man like that would be interested in you? That you could come anywhere close to me? That you could ruin what we have. ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"CUT!! CUT CUT CUT!!!"

The two actresses continued glaring at eachother. One with an intense anger, the other in defense mode.

The director did not look happy. "In Na-ssi, I love your enthusiasm, but please stick with the script! Those last two sentences were not in there at all! Go Ha Na is not feeling all that threatened just yet. That was too angry."

In Na wouldn't keep her eyes off of Yoona. "Yes, I understand director."

Luckily for Yoona, the next scenes were with Lee Min Ho alone. They filmed an indoor scene in Park Seunghyun's office. The chemistry felt electric as the two characters bickered as if they were a couple.

Right when they reached the part in the scene where Choi Hee Jin stomps out angrily from Seunghyun's office, a light fixture just above her head rocked and began tumbling towards her. It all happened so fast that Yoona panicked and was not even sure if it was a part of the script or not. Right before she got pummeled, Lee Min Ho leaped and tackled her out of the way, landing on top of her. The two gazed at eachother for a second, until they realized they had an audience. Lee Min Ho quickly helped her to her feet.

"Yoona-ssi!" The director and several crew members rushed over to check if she was ok. The director was furious "What is wrong with the fixtures in here? I want everything checked! Actors, back to your dressing rooms, NOW."

Yoona sat in her dressing room, still trembling from the shock of having almost been badly injured. What is up with my luck lately? However, her luck must have not been so terrible if a handsome man was there to save her. She flashed back to the moment when she was looking into her co-star's eyes, until it was interrupted by a knock on the door.The director had come to personally fill her in on the set inspection.

"Yoona, we are so sorry."

"No... it's alright. It's me. I have such terrible luck as it is." Yoona giggled but the director kept a serious expression.

"No, Yoona. It's not ok. After inspecting everything it seems... that the fixture was not an accident."

Yoona looked up at him with disbelief. "What do you mean? Someone was trying to hurt me?"

"I don't know. But when we did the inspection, it looked like someone had deliberately unscrewed the fixture and a wire had been cut from above. If someone was trying to hurt you, they'd have to have known that you'd be standing in that spot..."

Yoona breathed heavily and began to look distraught. The director tried to calm her down.

"But we were lucky! If it weren't for Lee Min Ho's quick reaction, you may have gotten hurt. And you're not. You're ok. We should be thankful for that."

The director explained to her that they would now be doing regular safety inspections on every set and that she shouldn't worry about it too much. She tried to think of who on the set would even have any motive to want to hurt her, but she couldn't think of anyone. She was just glad that her handsome co-star was able to save the day. She began to replay the moment in her head over and over until she was called to film the next scene.

After a full day of filming, Yoona and some of her co-stars were cleared to head back home for the night. Yoona felt relieved. She waited for Dong Wook to come pick her up and looked through her text messages. She felt a tap on her shoulder and looked up to find Min Ho. She smiled.

"Are you feeling ok?" He looked genuinely concerned after the scare earlier today.

"I'm ok... thanks to you."

He looked down bashfully "I'm just happy I was at the right place, at the right time."

The two began to chat about the rest of their filming schedule and were lost in their own little world until In Na walked past them to say her goodbyes.

"Leaving so soon?" asked Min Ho

"HA! I am dying to get out of here," In Na exclaimed,"I'm having someone from my label come pick me up so we can go out and have fun." She turned to Yoona "I heard what happened eariler and I'm glad you're ok."

Yoona laughed. "I forgot about it already! Just go out and enjoy yourself."

In Na's phone began to ring. "Hello? You're outside? No... inside. I told you to come inside." In Na hung up and looked back at her co-stars. "I want to introduce you guys to a friend."

Yoona continued to laugh and joke with her co-stars until the moment was interrupted by a man with blue hair that was walking towards In Na. The smile completely faded from her face and she thought she was seeing things.

There's no way that y ahjussi would be here. Why would he be here?

In Na turned to face him and grabbed his hand. "Stop being shy! Guys, I'm sure you are familiar with him, but this is Big Bang's TOP."

As the realization set in, instead of her anger returning, Yoona felt pain in her heart as she finally learned who the man's girlfriend actually was.

Author's Note: I hope it wasn't too confusing following their drama plot along w the actual story! :-)