Why Does it Have to be You?

Misconception

The Soshi girls huddled excitedly around Yoona and Yuri. All 9 were congregated in the girls' room, gossiping and busy trying to pick outfits for both girls.

"This skirt?" Yuri asked as she held up a short, black miniskirt for her members to see.

"It'll look like you're trying too hard," explained Sooyoung. "Now this... " Sooyoung reached for a floral shirt dress. "And with this belt and these shoes? Who wouldn't fall in love?"

"Sooyoung-ah! Why are you being so helpful? You're just happy neither of them is dating Lee Min Ho," Tiffany joked.

Yoona giggled nervously. "Someone pick out something for me! You guys know I need the most help."

"Im Yoona..." Sooyoung muttered as she peered into the girls' shared closet. "No, no. There's an outfit Sica has that would be perfect for you."

"Yah!" Sica yelled out, following Sooyoung to their room. "Who said you can?"

Yoona smiled to herself. It was nice being home with all 8 of the members after such a long filming schedule. Even their bickering was sounding cute at the moment.

Sooyoung returned to the room holding up a pair of navy shorts and one of Jessica Jung's favorite bright-colored boyfriend blazers. Jessica began jumping up and down as Sooyoung picked it up over her head. Sica scowled.

"It's yours if you manage to get his number. And he has to be cute!" She crossed her arms as her lips formed into a sly smile.

"Yoona! I have the perfect bag!" Everyone spun around shocked as the maknae ran out of the room. She returned with a gorgeous grey Balenciaga tote.

Yuri's eyes widened. "Ju Hyun! I'm the one looking for a man! Where's mine?"

Seohyun looked down and began to stutter as she spoke. "Well, it's just that, it went with her outfit... but unnie I'm gonna go look for a pretty one..." Seohyun ran out of the room again.

"Hey Yul! You have your bag picked out already!" Sunny pointed out.

Yuri could only laugh as she put her finger up to her lips to shush Sunny.

When the final touches had been put on both girls' outfits, they were ready to head out. Neither really looked like themselves in their outfits. Yuri hardly went for florals and Yoona didn't care for the structured jacket, but they were open to looking different for a change. They were scheduled to meet the guys up at a Spanish restaurant in Seoul. The restaurant was owned by one of Seungri's friends in an exclusive area. It wasn't very well-known by the public. This way they wouldn't have to worry about fans snapping pictures of them and they'd probably be the only ones there at that time. 

"Are they celebrities?" Yoona inquired.

"Seungri wouldn't tell me anything," Yuri replied. "All he said was that this guy would surely be my type. He never said anything about the other guy he's bringing for you."

The girls had taken a taxi and were dropped off directly in front of the establishment, which looked pretty ordinary and inconspicuous from the outside. When they walked inside, it looked absolutely marvelous. It wasn't too big or too fancy, but had a cozyand elegant atmosphere. They spotted the only table that had people seated at it. Two males with their backs facing the girls. One was wearing what appeared to be a black, military-style cap and the other had on a red fitted baseball cap on.

"The red hat!" Yuri whispered nervously. "That's what Seungri said he'd have on. Let's go meet them!" 

Yuri grabbed Yoona's hand and walked over to the table.

"Annyeonghaseyo." They both bowed to the men seated at the table. When they looked up, they were shocked to find strangely familiar faces. Both men stood up to greet them back.

"So Nyeo Shi Dae?" Taeyang couldn't believe his eyes.

Yuri smiled shyly. "Yup. SNSD's Yuri inmida. I can't believe it ended up being Big Bang."

TOP and Yoona stayed completely silent for the first few minutes. Both were having a hard time processing what was happening at the moment. There they were. Two people that didn't want anything to do with each other, stuck on a date together. The waiter came by and knocked them out of their stupor.

"Any drinks for you? Can I interest you in a bottle of wine?"

TOP replied immediately. "A bottle of Ponce de Oro Tempranilla 1982, please." 

Yuri and Taeyang looked puzzled but impressed. Yoona wasn't.

"And I'll have a Coke."

The waiter winced. TOP rolled his eyes.

"Yes, miss. Are we ready to order?"

TOP began ordering. "We'll take the seafood paella. It should be enough for all of us, right?"

"Of course, sir."

"Spaghetti, please. You do have spaghetti here, right?" She turned to the others. "I've really been craving it lately." Yoona was not about to eat whatever this fool ordered, especially if it was something she couldn't pronounce.

The waiter walked off with their menus. They had just arrived but TOP had the urge to walk out on all of them. She was trying to get on his nerves and get a reaction, but he wouldn't budge. She wouldn't win again. Besides, he was here for his friend.

Yuri broke the awkward silence. "I am really loving your new album."

At the mention of music, Young Bae began to chatter excitedly. The two discussed the album and other current favorites, completely forgetting that Yoona and TOP were even present. Yoona stared out into space while TOP played around with his phone.

"You know, I'm thinking of going into acting. Yoona has been motivating me lately. I can't wait to watch her drama."

Yoona and TOP had completely tuned out the entire conversation until Yoona's drama was mentioned.

Young Bae laughed. "Seungri is excited to watch that one. He is such a drama addict. One of the actresses at our company has a supporting role in it."

"Oh really?" Yoona asked "Which one?"

"Yoo In Na," Young Bae answered. TOP coughed up some of the water he was drinking. "Hyung, are you ok?"

Yoona ignored this and kept talking. "Wahhh she's so pretty! And really talented. I'm going to start filming with her soon."

"Yeah, but I don't think hyung will want to watch it." Young Bae pointed at TOP. "I think he's still bitter about losing the City Hunter role to Lee Min Ho."

"Are you serious?" Yoona began chuckling loudly. TOP glared. Just then, the food was brought to the table. Yoona regretted not going along with TOP's choice. It looked delicious. However, she was not ready to back down. She took out a fork and knife and began cutting her entire plate of spaghetti into bite-sized pieces. TOP couldn't hide his laughter. Yuri and Taeyang both glanced over at him curiously.

"Is something wrong?" Yuri asked.

"Ah... no it's nothing."

Yoona proceeded to take a small bite of her spaghetti and put her fork back down as she carefully chewed. She took a small sip of her soda.

"Please eat comfortably." TOP said. He simply smiled, trying to hold back his laughter.

"What are you talking about? I am eating comfortably!"

"Oh whatever. You're going to tell me that if you were at home you'd cut your spaghetti into little pieces like that and take those baby bites?"

Yuri began giggling and Taeyang was looking at his hyung with a shocked expression. He was never this rude around women.

"Oh can you just shut up and keep eating your fancy pa-pa-pa.. whatever that nasty thing is called!"

"Nasty? This is a world famous Spanish dish. Everyone knows it's delicious. This is great right, guys?"

Yuri and Taeyang could only look at each other, feeling as if they were the ones intruding on the date.

TOP didn't wait for an answer. "Well, I've seen you eat before, and you know you want to shovel all that pasta in your mouth. You're just holding back so you can impress me."

"Impress you?" He was really starting to get on her nerves. "Ha. Please. I have been trying to be polite this entire time but in reality I can't wait to get out of here. I'm only being nice for Yuri." Yoona then proceeded to eat the pasta the way she would at home.

"Yoona!" Yuri began to turn pink. Yoona was not hearing it. She slurped up her pasta and the sauce off of her fingers. TOP was enjoying every second of it. He noticed a bunch of sauce that was accumulating below her lips had begun to drip. He was sitting right across from her so he reached over with his napkin before it spilled all over Jessica's blazer.

Yoona looked up to find his eyes concentrated on her lips as he tenderly wiped the sauce from . She suddenly stopped breathing and her heart skipped a beat. A similar scenerio had occurred in her dressing room the day before, yet this moment felt so much different. She looked into TOP's eyes and he smiled.

"You're a mess."

Yuri looked absolutely shocked while Taeyang sat back and watched it all happen as if it was entertainment.

Yoona sat in silence as she was looking for the words to say. It suddenly dawned on her that this man had a girlfriend. "You... CREEP! Who said you could touch me! I don't want your erted hands near my face!"

"erted? Hey don't start with me, little girl! You better not bring that up right now!"

"You don't have to worry, Yoona, you're not a noona." Yuri couldn't resist.

"Yah! I mean... I'm sorry." he directed his anger towards the usual target "Yoona!"

Yoona.... he said my name. Yoona. Why does it sound so pretty all of a sudden?

Luckily the waiter showed up before things started getting out of hand.

"Are you interested in looking at the dessert menu?"

"Check, please!" Yoona and TOP both blurted out simultaneously.