6 Months

Misconception

6 months of complete bliss. It's always that way at the start of a relationship. A couple can fight like cats and dogs and make up just as fervently the next moment. Wanting to be together at every moment and not wanting to be the first to hang up. With Yoona and TOP, that's the way it was. However, due to external factors, it was much more difficult for them to express their love the way an average couple would.

Despite the usual tropes and stereotypes, Yoona's drama was a hit. After it aired, the love calls to SM Entertainment wouldn't stop coming. She appeared on talk shows, variety shows and award shows. The drama was picked up in multiple countries around the world, including Japan, where she promoted extensively. She still felt uncomfortable around her co-star, but he seemed a lot calmer since their last encounter. He was mostly indifferent to her and ignored her until the cameras came on and they became the best of friends. As much as it angered her to have to continue working with him, she didn't really have a say in the matter.

TOP continued to turn down most of the roles he was offered, waiting for the right one. He began filming a movie and focused on his music. Whenever he turned the TV on to find Yoona sitting next to his mortal enemy, he bunched his fist up. But he trusted her strength, and more than anyone he understood that business was business.

As much as both parties understood that being busy as an idol was never a bad thing, they were still yearning for quality time with each other. The long distance relationship wasn't cutting it. He longed to have her in his arms again. It almost seemed too much to bear at this stage of their relationship, but TOP knew that SNSD would start promoting in Korea soon, and he would some kind of fighting chance if she was in the same country as him.

He was busy reading through a script when he suddenly felt the urge to hear her voice. He picked up his phone and dialed. As busy as she was, she should have had some downtime at the moment. When she picked up, he instantly smiled as he put his script down.

"Hello?"

"Yoongie."

"Seunghyunieeee!!!!" she squeaked in her trademark choding voice.

He laughed and smiled until his cheek muscles began to sting. He heard some of the SNSD unnies whining and teasing her in the background. They were undoubtedly jealous of their cute relationship, in a friendly way of course.

"I miss you, Yoongie."

"I miss you more, Seunghyunie."

He heard someone make a gagging sound over the phone, but he didn't care. Nothing sounded foolish to him because he was in love.

"When am I going to see you?"

"Hmm.... soon."

"I can't wait."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the weather was fairly cold, Hye Jung stayed glued to her usual spot outside of the YGE building. She was no longer considered a novice and was beginning to gain some seniority in the group. She had done plenty of research and felt she knew these 5 men better than any average fan. But she couldn't deny where her bias was. Since the beginning, she had admired Choi Seunghyun for his determination to do whatever it took to make it big. She loved his quirky personality and appreciated his talent.

She hadn't gotten the chance to speak with him face to face... yet. He was so private that it was much harder to follow him than any of the others. Seungri, for instance, practically broadcasted his every move. But TOP was the complete opposite. However, she and a few other TOP biased fans had recently had a lead on who he could possibly be dating. None of them were too happy about the findings. These next few days were going to be crucial if they were going to get to the bottom of it and confirm.

Hye Jung felt a hand tap her on the shoulder and she jumped back a little when she turned around to find a tall man who looked to be in his early 30's. He had dark shades on and was wearing a thick wool jacket and a pair of jeans. He was holding out a cup to her.

"Are you cold? Here's some hot chocolate."

"No... I'm fine." She stepped back and began to pull her phone out so that she could locate other members of the group. She had been left alone as they were all on Jiyong's trail, who was surprisingly out and about during the day.

"Don't be scared. Take the drink, please."

He pulled a card out of his pocket and handed it to her as well. She took both items and examined the card. She looked back up at him. She immediately began to walk away briskly.

"Wait. Just wait a moment."

She didn't listen.

"Hear me out! I swear it will be worth your while." He began walking after her.

"Yeah, that's what you all say."

"Your dad will thank me for this!"

She paused dead in her tracks and turned to face him. "How do you know my dad?"

He laughed. "So, you know the exact hours of the day the members of Big Bang use the toilet and you're surprised I know who your dad is?"

She balled up a fist from the inside of her jacket. "What do you want?"

"All I need is some simple information from you, and you will get exactly what you want from me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man sat at the table and shuffled through a pile of scripts.

"You've got offers here for everything from romcoms to sageuks. Everyone wants you in their drama. We've struck gold after North Star," he said excitedly, still reeling from the number of scripts they had received. There were still so many after he had weeded through anything Minho would have automatically rejected.

Lee Minho was laying face-up on the couch and turned so that his back faced his agent. He completely ignored him.

"You can't be serious right now? Can you at least show some enthusiasm? You're the most sought after star in Korea at the moment. We're finally done promoting North Star and now you're free to pick any role your heart desires. Heck, we can get a whole new one written for you if you wanted."

Minho suddenly got up from the couch. "I can't think straight. I don't know what's wrong with me. I need to take a walk."

"Minho!"

He didn't want to be bothered with anything at the moment. All he wanted was to be alone. Everything was coming out exactly as he had planned it, career-wise. And that's all that had ever really mattered to him. He could have never imagined feeling this miserable at the moment. What was this feeling that wouldn't cease to torture him for the past few weeks? He walked over to a water cooler in the lobby of his entertainment agency. As he sipped the cool liquid down, he finally realized what it could be.

I hate her. With every ounce of my being.

After calming down to a certain extent, he returned to his agent's side and sat at the table to finally begin looking through scripts. It didn't take long until Minho's interest was sparked by one in particular.

"This. I want to do this."

"That..." his manager began, with a cautious expression. He knew he should've kept that script out of the pile.

"You just said I could have any one of these. Why are you pausing?"

"Yes, well..." the manager braced himself before continuing,"the director told me he'd have to see everyone audition, regardless of star power. And he already has someone in mind... but I took it just in case.... but look here at this one..."

"Who."

It wasn't a question. It was a command. That's the only way he operated.

"Big Bang's TOP."

"What the ?!" Minho slammed his fist down on the table and began breathing heavily, overtaken by rage.

"Minho, he can't act. And he's an idol. The public is focused on you right now. I don't know why the director was being stubborn, but in any case, I have a feeling this thing will flop..."

"IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT!" Minho shouted out. He sensed the fear in his agent's eyes and began talking more calmly in order to get his point across. "I told you to bring me only the best. All of these scripts have some potential. For the producers of all of these scripts to not be falling over backwards to cast me is not a good sign. I shouldn't have to compete with an idol who played second lead to me."

His agent looked back down at the script. "Point taken. But what can we do?"

"What can YOU do? Probably nothing."

"Exactly, Minho." The agent was feeling relieved at Minho's quick realization of the fact that he in fact, could do nothing to bribe a director who wouldn't be motivated by casting the actor who'd most likely bring him the most profit at this point in time.

Minho smirked to himself, his foot tapping impatiently at his surpressed anger.

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls walked back into their dressing room and all found a seat to sink into. The choreography during this promotional season was especially demanding and drained their energy quicker than others they had done in the past. They loved feeling challenged, but with little to no sleep, it began to take a toll on their bodies. Yoona didn't even have time to think about rest and immediately took out school work as she sat on a vanity stool, scribbling down a draft for an essay that was due in a few days. This is what promotions were like, and they were in full swing.

Taeyeon looked over at Yoona hunched over near the vanity. She had her back facing the girls and was completely immersed in her school work. The leader shot Sooyoung a glance and she knowingly smiled back.

"Yoona."

Yoona turned her stool around to face Taeyeon. "Yes?"

"We're thirsty. Go get our bottled water from the van."

Yoona scoffed. "How does that even make any sense? There has to be water in this building somewhere."

"Not the one we drink."

"Oh, what are you a diva now?"

Taeyeon was trying to keep a straight face. She knew Yoona was stressed out, but she couldn't let her get the best of her this time. Sooyoung sensed she was in trouble.

"Yah! Are you gonna sit there questioning her like that or are you going to do what she says?"

"Choi Sooyoung! I may call you my unnie, but you're not gonna make me go out of my way for something this stupid! I'm trying to get my homework done. I'm tired like everyone else is. Can you guys just leave me alone for one second?"

Sunny was enjoying this exchange a little too much. She remembered all the times Yoona had bugged them when they were exhausted and not in the mood to deal with her annoying aegyo voices.

"Yoooonaaa," she said in the most obnoxious aegyo voice she could dream up.

Yoona shot Sunny a death glare.

"If I were you, I wouldn't talk like that to my seniors," she smiled, all the while continuing to speak in her aegyo voice,"something that may seem stupid to you is so very important to us. Now be a good dongsaeng and do as your leader says. PLEASE? PWETTY PLEASE?!" Sunny did a ridiculous pout.

"I GET IT SOONKYU." Yoona launched her pencil towards the floor and quickly walked out of the room.

The girls had been picking on her all morning. Yoona felt she had had just about enough of it by that time. Even Seohyun was being cruel, and conveniently forgot to wake her up a half hour after she had woken the other girls up. To top it off, the girls finished all of the food, so she was left with nothing. Hungry and raging - not a good combination.

She reached the van and quickly opened up the side door. She couldn't fathom why the hell manager oppa had to park so far today. She sighed. The girls were not playing a prank on her and that was confirmed when she spotted the 24 pack of an extra fancy brand of spring water.

"This is ridiculous," she mumbled to herself as she reached over for the heavy pack. She didn't remember having it this badly since their debut days, when the older girls would send Yoona and Seohyun off to do all of their bidding. Life of a maknae.

As she reached the dressing room, she had to balance the pack of water on one arm as she fiddled with the knob. The door was locked.

"GIRLS THIS IS NOT FUNNY. OPEN THE DAMN DOOR NOW."

No response. Yoona began huffing and puffing as she put the water down on the ground. She pulled at the knob once more.

"I SWEAR I'M BREAKING THIS DOOR DOWN!"

She began violently twisting and pulling the knob until suddenly it opened and she almost fell to the ground from all of the force she was putting into her attempt to open it. She looked up to find what seemed like an empty room. The girls were gone. In front of her was a table set with a feast of delectable goodies. There was a variety of food that she loved. began to water and she walked towards it, hungering like a hyena. She smiled thinking about how the girls must've been planning this all along. But why? It wasn't her birthday. She shrugged and figured she shouldn't question such a great thing. She walked closer to the table.

"Do you not have any manners?"

Yoona's heart nearly lept from her chest hearing a man's voice in the room and quickly spun to find that someone had been hiding behind the door.

"Oh my God...."

TOP smirked and walked up to her.

"Yoongie!"

She instinctively punched his arm.

"OWW! What are you doing?" TOP exclaimed as he began to rub the sore spot that was soon to become a bruise.

"How dare you... scare me out of nowhere like that!"

He smiled. "Most people would call that a surprise. You find it scary." He walked to one side of the table. "I'm so scary that I may as well take all this back with me, too."

"Seunghyunie!!" She smiled and attacked him with a hug.

"Yeah, yeah, Seunghyunie my foot!" he mumbled, all the while thoroughly enjoying the embrace.

She let go of him and the topic returned to the feast. "FOOD TIME!"

TOP quickly grabbed the hand that was going straight for a slice of pizza. "Not yet."

"What do you mean not yet? Do you want to say grace?"

"I want you to tell me why is it that this particular mix of food has been chosen as a dinner."

She looked the table over. There was really nothing on the table that matched. There was pizza, spaghetti and soup among other dishes. There was even a bottle of soju.

"You chose it because... it tastes good."

"You're too bright for your own good, Yoona." TOP said sarcastically. "Really now. I want you to think critically. That slice of pepperoni pizza you're eyeing. What does it remind you of?"

Suddenly, everything clicked. As she looked at that pizza she remembered the day she was formally introduced to TOP. The pizza that started it all. She looked at the other items and quickly realized that every dish on the table had been a part of a significant moment leading up to their relationship. The spaghetti from their blind date. The soju and bibimbap from the drunken bbq night. He even had a bowl of hangover soup. And how could he forget the black bean noodles that had made a mess of her white tee on their first date. Her eyes then stopped on a special dish in the middle of the table.

"OMO..." she stuttered as she moved closer. She could never mistake that smell. "My mom's ox bone soup. How did you...?"

TOP smirked and walked closer to her.

"Did the girls...?"

He shook his head and handed her a long, rectangular, velvet box.

"What's this?" Yoona looked down at the box and made the only assumption any girl would make -- a bracelet.

"TOP... you shouldn't have.." she smiled as she slowly opened the box. She gasped as she figured out what was really inside. She took out a pair of shiny, silver chopsticks. They were chopsticks, yes, but the most beautiful pair she had ever laid eyes on. Each stick had a diamond embedded at the end and both were engraved with the phrase "I love my Seunghyunie." He took out a matching box. He opened it to reveal an identical pair of chopsticks, engraved with "I love my Yoongie"

She looked up at her boyfriend with a tear in her eye. She was completely speechless. This had to be the most thoughtful thing any man had done for her.

"I got ahold of your mother a few weeks ago to talk this over," he explained as she stayed frozen in place," she made your favorite dish and I got to meet up with her today face to face to collect it. I told her we were official. Happy 6 month anniversary, Yoona."

Yoona held the chopsticks in her hand, still looking dazed. She forgot all about the food. None of it mattered at the moment.

"Well... dig in!" TOP said as he started reaching for his own pair of chopsticks. Yoona showed no response and remained glued to her position, eyes firmly on his.

"Ok I know I'm the best boyfriend in the world, this you don't have to tell me," TOP began," so just start eating alre---MMPH!!"

A whimper was all TOP had managed to end that sentence with, as Yoona set the sticks on the table and attacked him with a kiss on the lips. He stopped fidgeting and began kissing her back, almost ravaging . Gone were the days when the two would kiss shyly and sweetly. They knew they had to take advantage of every moment they had alone together. And they had been longing for this moment.

Yoona blinked an eye open while continuing to make out with her boyfriend, just checking to make sure the door was still shut. She trusted that the girls would ensure the door remained closed. She began to walk forward, leading him towards the couch her members had been sitting on just minutes ago. TOP let her take control. They broke the kiss for a moment as she pushed him down on the couch and straddled his lap, then continued where they had left off. TOP began to breathe heavily as he began to trail kisses from her lips down to her neck. His hands went down to her waist and he stopped to breathe for a moment.

"Yoona... what are you doing right now?"

"I missed you."

"I know you're not going to take this all the way so maybe we should stop..."

"I know I'm not, but you're irresistable to me right now..." she said as she began nibbling at his earlobe.

A text message alert echoed loudly throughout the room. Perfect timing, he thought as he took out his phone. Suddenly, his face went pale. He gently pushed Yoona off to the side.

"What is it?" she asked with a puzzled expression, "What does it say?"

(Unknown Number): Having fun, loverboy? Someone has moved on pretty fast, I would say. A pair of chopsticks... how unique. Tacky like your girlfriend, but unique, just like you.

He couldn't believe what he was reading.

Yoona offered an explanation. "Maybe it's one of our members playing a prank."

"Yoona, you're the only one who has the number to this phone."

Suddenly the gravity of the situation registered on both of their faces.