Don't Play Games

Misconception

TOP sat up in bed and logged on to a famous K-Pop fansite. Instead of heading directly to his fanpage like he would usually do, he did a search for SNSD's Yoona. He scrolled down to the comments and his mind was instantly boggled. Among the comments that praised her godess-like perfection were ruthless ones. Comments unlike any he had ever seen, not even on Big Bang's anti cafes. He searched for the article about himself that came out on the day he attended the concert. He was even more appalled at what he found.

"This talentless is lucky to even breathe the same air as TOP Oppa."

"Why would TOP Oppa sit through such filth? Was he paid by SM? He must have gone just to laugh."

"I didn't think it was possible to hate her even more than I did, but now that I know she's after TOP, I want to kill her!!"

He shut his laptop with such force that the sound echoed through his room. He threw it onto his bed and walked out of the room. He hadn't slept much the night before, but he was wide awake. He opened the door to his guest room down the hall and gently sat on the bed as to not disturb the girl sleeping in it. All traces of anger disappeared from his face as he glanced over at a trail of drool that had formed from her lips and dripped onto the pillow. He laughed and extended his finger to begin to wipe. Just as he touched the side of her lip, the girl awakened. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she realized who was sitting in front of her.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Yoona let out a bloodcurdling scream and quickly sat up in bed, clutching her chest.

TOP laughed even louder. "The nation's ideal type... drools."

"What's going on?! Where am I? What are you doing in here?!"

TOP realized that Yoona had must've had no recollection of what happened the night before. "You... don't remember what happened between us?" He inched closer towards her and Yoona moved back.

"What did you do to me?!"

"Ha! You were all over me! You wanted it." He smirked as he slowly slid his hand towards hers. She obviously had no idea that all he was referring to was a kiss, so he was having fun playing with her mind. He was also hurt that she had forgotten such an important moment that SHE had initiated, so it was his form of retaliation.

Yoona gagged and put her hand over .

"Oh please! Like you wouldn't want a piece of this!"

Yoona quickly shook her head at TOP with a desperate look in her eye as she continued to cover and began to heave.

"OH OH OH!!! NOT ON THESE SHEETS!!! BATHROOM!! RUN!!"

Yoona reached for her purse just as TOP grabbed her arm and led her towards the bathroom.

"JUST GO!"

Yoona ran in and slammed the door and TOP twisted his face in disgust as he heard the splatters of vomit hit the toilet bowl. He was just thankful that his designer bedsheets had escaped unharmed.

Yoona eventually emerged from his bathroom with a shameful look on her face.

"You... may not want to go in there."

TOP's eyes immediately widened as panic overtook him. "Not the rug. ANYTHING BUT THE RUUUUG!!!"

Yoona shrugged and looked towards the ground. TOP pushed her out of the way and run into the bathroom and recoiled in horror.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" There was a giant, furry tarantula sitting on the marble countertop and TOP couldn't believe his eyes. Since when do these creatures reside in Seoul? He screamed and ran out of the room.

"OMO. I have to call an exterminator. What do I do?! I can't go in there!" TOP put his hands over his head and grabbed onto tufts of his own blue hair. The man wasn't exactly afraid of spiders, but the thing was massive. Suddenly he looked over at Yoona who could not contain her laughter any longer. She keeled over and let out the famous alligator laugh.

"YOU!"

"OMG I wish I had a camcorder! You should have heard yourself scream like a little girl!"

"What did you do? What is that thing?!"

Yoona casually strolled in to the bathroom and picked the spider up by its legs.

"Doesn't it look real? You should've heard Seohyun scream when I put this on our kitchen counter."

"So you like to play games with people?"

"Yes. Just like you. I know that nothing happened between us last night."

"Are you so sure about that? Nothing?"

"NOTHING!"

Yoona stuffed the fake tarantula back into her purse and walked back to the guest room. TOP hesitated before following behind her. He didn't know if he was frustrated that she had definitely forgotten last night or amused that she carried a fake spider around in her purse. As he walked back in to the room, he was startled to find her picking up one of the toys from his prized collection.

"Oh Cuuuuute!!!"

"Put it down!!" He ran towards her and tried to snatch it from her.

"What are you doing?? I'm just looking at it!" she wouldn't let go and pulled the toy back towards her chest. She finally pulled it free from TOP's fingers and ran out of the room giggling.

"HEY!!!!"

TOP ran after her, trying to hide a smile. She made it to the living room when he caught up to her and grabbed her from behind, trying to wrestle the toy out of her hands. He switched tactics and began tickling her.

"STOP it!!!" Yoona shook with laughter as her body wiggled around and her arm jerked up, still not giving the toy up. Both immediately froze as they heard the front door unlock.

Oh no, not again...

The door swung open and ....

 

Big Bang's Daesung walked into the apartment.

"Whoooah! What are you guys doing in here?"

TOP immediately removed his hands from Yoona's waist and pushed her to the side. He cleared his throat.

"Did you bring it?"

"Yes, of course." Daesung handed TOP a small plastic bag along with a large paper bag.

Yoona began to turn pink as she tried to hide her embarrassment. She hid the toy behind her back and immediately bowed to Daesung at a 45 degree angle.

"Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim."

Daesung glanced at TOP, then back to Yoona. He smiled warmly.

TOP sensed the tension. "You know, we're not at Inkigayo. You can relax around him. This guy is not that important."

She was dumbfounded. TOP had obviously called Daesung over, knowing she was over. Wouldn't he be trying to hide the fact that she had spent the night at his house?

Yoona's facial expressions were a bit obvious, so Daesung decided to interject. "I know what happened last night. You got a little too drunk, it happens. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

Yoona bowed slightly and Daesung waved goodbye. "See you later, hyung."

TOP closed the door behind Daesung and without a word, took the 2 mysterious bags over to the kitchen. Yoona followed him curiously.

He opened the paper bag and took out two plastic containers filled with soup.

"Haejangguk," he said after he noticed her beginning to her lips, "great for hangovers." He then reached for the small plastic bag sitting next to it.

"But first... pregnancy test."

Yoona gasped as tears quickly formed in her eyes. "WHAT?"

He grabbed her hand as he reached into the bag and placed a bottle of pills in her hand.

"For your indigestion. I was just joking around. I thought you were sure about nothing happening last night."

"Just give me the soup, dammit!!!" Hungry Yoona was not a happy Yoona. She opened the lid and without even taking in the aroma, she picked the container up and slurped soup out of it.

TOP felt satisfied watching her eat comfortably. He switched on the TV in the kitchen and pulled up a chair to start digging into his soup as well.

"Keep it there!!" Yoona yelled out, in between mouthfuls. An entertainment news show was going to run a few stories on North Star since it was premiering that night.

"The highly anticipated drama, North Star, will finally be premiering tonight at 8PM. People love to watch weekly dramas, but do they really know what happens to their stars behind the scenes? While filming, top idol star Yoona almost became badly injured. Here is the exclusive story."

Yoona was puzzed until she remembered what had happened on set the other day. The director appeared on screen.

"During filming, a ceiling fixture came loose and almost came crashing down on our protagonist. That was, until our hero, Lee Minho, saved the day."

TOP put down his spoon and stared intently at the screen as his "friend" came on to tell his side of the story.

"At that moment, I didn't have time to be scared. One moment I was acting out the scene with my co-star, and at the next the fixture was coming down at full force. So I just ran over and pushed her out of the way."

"So, you risked your life to save the Nation's Ideal Type?"

"I wouldn't put it that way. I just followed my instincts and helped a good friend."

Yoona smiled. "AWWWWW Min Ho oppa!!!"

Suddenly, the screen went black. Yoona turned her head to see TOP, remote in hand.

"That's enough TV for you. You must have a headache."

"Babo!! They were going to run more stories after that! Turn it back on, maybe they'll feature something about Yoo In Na."

Yoona was laughing when she said it, but the atmosphere became awkward after the name was mentioned. TOP stayed silent as he really had nothing to say that would alleviate the situation. He didn't know what he felt at the moment. Did he love In Na? What did he feel for Yoona? He had either been devoted to one woman back in his high school days, or played with multiple girls as he had done recently. But he had never felt the pain he was feeling at that moment.

Yoona's manager oppa, Dong Wook, picked her up in front of her alleged "unnie's" house to take her to filming.

"Wahhh good job getting close to the Director! You have to drink with people in order to become close!" Her manager popped in one of his Big Bang cds. Big Bang's "Lies" blasted throughout the van.

I take in liquor which I don’t even know how to handle trying to fill my empty heart...

A day without you is too long. I pray that I may please forget you (that’s a lie).

She stared out the window and watched as raindrops began to pour. A reflection of how she felt, wanting to wash it all away. The teary confession and... the kiss. She hadn't forgotten. How could she forget? Was it love? Not quite. It was much too soon to feel something so strong. But she longed for something more. With a man who was currently taken by someone else.

Big Bang lyric translation by flying crispi