Cleaning out my Closet

Misconception

They hadn't talked much on the way back as the atmosphere became a bit awkward, understandably. Both were relieved that they were returning to dry land. As they neared the dock, those feelings of relief disappeared as they caught sight of the group that had gathered to welcome them back. Several crew members, the director and Lee Minho stood next to the owner of the boat as they pointed towards Yoona and TOP.

"They weren't supposed to be gone this long!" They could hear the owner shouting out to the director.

Yoona and TOP took the walk of shame down the dock and faced the disappointed looks of their crew members. TOP was ready to give a convincing explanation, blaming himself for the entire situation. But before TOP or even the director could open his mouth, Lee Min Ho opened his.

"Yoona!"

Minho ran over and wrapped his arms around Yoona's small frame. Yoona stood completely frozen in shock. He held her tightly and closed his eyes.  

"Yoona. You're ok." He pulled away and a tear fell down his cheek, which he quickly wiped away. "I was so worried about you."

"I'm ... sorry."

The director sighed and smiled. "He was very worried, Yoona. We all were. But seeing that you're ok and how happy you've made this young fella, I don't have the heart to scold you for it. Off to your stylist now, quickly." The director and crew walked back to the set, seeing as Yoona was in good hands.

What? That was it? No questioning why Yoona and TOP were together? TOP stood in his place and continued to stare in Lee Min Ho's direction. The two men caught eachother's eyes for a second, but Lee Min Ho quickly looked away and back at Yoona. He grabbed the heart that was still hanging around her neck and smiled.

"You're wearing it. I think this makes everything better." He held her hand. "Come on, let's get you ready for your next scene."

He glanced back at TOP. "You coming?"

That necklace was from him. And here he was thinking she was such a dedicated idol and sensitive over a fan's gift. She lied. But why would she? Without answering, he began walking off calmly on his own.

"TOP!" called out Min Ho. TOP turned back around to face them.

"Don't worry about getting in trouble for this. I told them that the boat ride was my idea, but since I get seasick easily, I didn't want to take her and had you do it instead."

TOP smirked. "You don't have to worry about lying for me. I can take care of myself."

As he walked off Yoona began to feel sick to her stomach herself. Why didn't she just tell him the truth? It wasn't like he was single. But it still felt wrong to wear this necklace. Why?

TOP sat alone in his hotel room that night, bored out of his mind. He hadn't had too much to film since the majority of the scenes involved his other 3 co-stars. This would be his last night in Jeju as they were scheduled to fly back to Seoul early in the morning. He downed shots of whiskey by himself to relieve the boredom, but it wasn't fun without anyone to share it with.

Knock, Knock.

"Who's there?"

"Guess."

In Na smiled. "Who can mistake that voice?" She walked over and opened the door and found TOP, whiskey bottle in hand. He walked past her, set 2 shot glasses on the table and began filling them up.

"Seunghyun...."

"Here." He handed her one of the glasses. "To us."

"Are you ok?"

"I'm better than ever." He clinked his glass against hers and took the shot. In Na reluctantly downed her shot as well.

"More." TOP poured another shot for himself and reached for her glass as well.

"No, thanks. What has gotten into you?"

He ignored the question and took the second shot as if it was water. He took the glass out of her hand and set them both down on the table and grabbed her by the waist. He pulled her close and began to kiss her passionately and she kissed him right back. He stepped forward until they had both fallen on the bed and he reached down to undo the button on her jeans.

"Seunghyun... you're agressive today..."

He removed her pants and began moving his hand up her shirt. He on her earlobe and planted kisses down her neck.

A loud, obnoxious laugh. A strong and y strut down the stage. Catching an angel that had fallen in the dark... her lips finding his. His mind was running a mile a minute and he could barely place all of these memories.

Ignore.

He went to kiss In Na on the lips but what he saw startled him.

He immediately jumped off the bed.

I'm going f'ing insane.

"TOP, why are you looking at me like that? What's wrong?"

What's wrong? What's wrong with me? This is wrong.

It only lasted a few seconds, but it wasn't In Na he was kissing. He saw Yoona's face. It looked real enough to scare him. Badly.

"I ... can't do this anymore, In Na."

"You can't do what?"

He began to hesitate, but he couldn't keep playing these games any longer. He'd caused enough pain to the both of them.

"We can't be together."

She stood up and looked him in the eye. "You're drunk."

"Whether I'm drunk or sober, the truth is that I like someone else and I can't stop thinking about her. It's wrong to be with you."

Tears began to gather in her eyes. "So. You like someone else. Fine, go sleep with her if that makes you feel better. Just make sure you come back to me." She attempted to embrace him but he refused. It was at that moment that it became real. Her tears fell faster and he began to shed them as well.

"This is not fair!" she began sobbing "Why do you spring this on me now?"

"Hate me, In Na. I deserve it. I've kept this relationship going for so long knowing it's not healthy."

"NO YOU IDIOT!" She began slamming her fists onto his chest, screaming and crying. TOP remained motionless, taking her hits. If only the alcohol hadn't numbed his senses, because he deserved even more pain than this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had slipped into the lounge downstairs, undetected. What he didn't need was another drink, but nevertheless, it's what he came for.

"Oh..." the bartender looked up. The expression on his face was all too familiar to TOP. That look that people give when they've figured out who you are and are about to call out your name. TOP, being the charismatic guy he was, quickly put his finger up to his lip and the bartender understood and flashed him a smile.

"What can I get you, young man?"

"Whiskey. Your choice, sir."

The man nodded as he walked off to get TOP's drink.

"You're about to get what you wanted. So now what?  You think this will help your career?"

TOP's ears perked up. The questions weren't directed towards him. It was a conversation going on at one of the tables behind him. He couldn't turn around to see who it was or he'd blow his cover.

"It might... secure a few things."

"I think you've been doing fine on your own. Are you sure about this? As many fans as you'll gain from this, you just might lose some as well."

"I know that."

That voice. I'm drunk but I know I'm not just hearing things. Or... am I?

"I did my part, Minho. The media ate up the hero story and I'm sure the ratings went up because of it. But now that they're checking the sets, there's no way to replicate something like that. It's your turn to make it happen with Yoona."

TOP's hand began to shake. The bartender put the drink down in front of him, but he stared straight ahead, trying to control his emotions. The "hero" headline. The time she almost got pummeled by a light fixture and he came to her rescue.

"Don't worry about that. She was wearing it today. I saw it. There's no way she doesn't have feel---."

Before he could even finish his sentence, and before his manager could warn him, Minho was knocked down to the ground by a blow from TOP's right fist. He quickly got up and tried reasoning with TOP but got punched again. Minho shoved TOP all the way back to the bar and TOP almost lost his balance, but came back with more blows to the midsection.

"STOP this madness!" yelled out Minho's manager "You animal! I'm calling the police!"

Although the bar was fairly empty at this hour, every eye was on the fight. TOP tackled Minho to the ground and the blows continued as Minho tried to block them as best he could.

"You bastard!!!" TOP yelled out.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Yoona's voice echoed throughout the bar and everyone fell silent. Breathing heavily, TOP turned his head to find Yoona standing in front of them with tears forming in her eyes. She ran over and pushed TOP and he fell over in shock. She knelt over next to Minho and began wiping the blood from his nose with a napkin.

"If you're not going to help me take him back to his room, I suggest you go back to yours."

TOP stared back in disbelief. He struggled but lifted himself up and walked back towards his hotel room without looking back.