Don't Mention That Name

Misconception

Both TOP and Yoona quickly stiffened and TOP slowly turned his head to discover a man he had never seen before in his life. As the humiliating realization of having broken into someone else’s van sunk in, TOPs cheeks turned a deep shade of red.

“Big Bang’s…. TOP? What are you doing in here?”

There was no time for TOP to focus on his embarrassment. He had to find a way to get himself out of this. All he had to do was tell the truth and everything would be ok. But would this ahjussi buy it?

“Well.. umm.. you see..” Not a good start for TOP. Luckily, he was interrupted.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” The manager did the deepest bow he could for being seated in the driver’s seat. “It’s an honor to have you seated in this humble little van of mine.”

What? This ahjussi was a fan? Yoona couldn’t believe her eyes. She flashed her manager an evil look, but he was too busy fanboying to notice anything.

“Umm… ye…” was all TOP could manage to say. He felt relieved, but extremely confused.

“TOP, I, um, my sister is a big fan. Sign, juseyo!” the manager reached into his glove compartment and took out Big Bang’s Alive mini-album, the TOP edition. Yoona’s jaw dropped to the ground.

“OPPA! Are you serious right now? You lost the copy to our latest album, yet you have his stored in your glove compartment?!”

The manager simply continued to take out the album booklet and handed it to TOP along with a Sharpie.

“Umm… who should I make it out to?” TOP asked. The faster he signed this album, the faster he could get away from the SNSD member and this situation.

“Just… no name.”

“No name?”

Yoona was beyond peeved at this point. “JUNG DONG WOOK SSI!!!!!”

“OK.” TOP signed the most generic message he could think of and passed the album back to his fan. “Thank you for supporting us.”

“Kamsahamnida!” the manager called out as TOP quickly ran back towards the studio.

Yoona was seething. She breathed heavily. trying to hold her composure. She didn’t know who she wanted to kill first. The arrogant bastard who had just run out without an apology, or the man that asked for his autograph.

“YOONA! Wipe your mouth! Are you crazy? The PD can’t see you like this.” Manager oppa simply shook his head after noticing the red sauce all around Yoona's mouth and proceeded to turn on the van.

“Dong Wook oppa. You got into this van and saw a strange male arguing with me, and all you could do was beg him for an autograph!?”

The manager looked back at Yoona with a concerned look in his eye.

“Yoona… are you dating Big Bang’s TOP?” He began to grin. “ Yoona & TOP. YoonTOP! Wow, I love the sound of that. Wah... so that means you’ll be bringing him along more often! And the rest of the boys… I’ve been wanting to meet them… I mean my sister has been dying to meet them.”

“OPPA!” Yoona screamed at the top of her lungs, “Wake up from your little fairytale. I am NOT dating that man. I have nothing to do with him.”

Dong Wook took the van out of park and began to reverse. “Oh , right right. You guys are mad at each other right now. Just don’t treat him so harshly, ok? Men make mistakes sometimes, but let him make it up to you.”

Yoona brought her hand to her forehead in frustration.

“You know,” began Dong Wook,”I haven’t seen you get this angry in awhile. You’re always in such a care fee mood. I guess this is what you’re like in a relationship.”

For the rest of the ride, Yoona stayed silent while her manager played the Alive album and sang along passionately. After what seemed like 5 hours to Yoona, the van finally reached the set of the drama. This was Yoona’s first day of filming, so Dong Wook accompanied her to meet with the PD and styling team.

“Ah, Yoona! You’re early! As expected!” The director beamed at his muse. His expectations were very high after word of Yoona’s professionalism had spread throughout the industry. Yoona greeted him and bowed respectfully before heading off to her dressing room. Just as the stylists began taking care of her hair, there was a knock at the door. Her hairstylist's hand tugged at her hair and Yoona immediately felt the tense atmosphere. She looked up to the mirror to discover her stylist blushing and a handsome young man walking through the door. It was her co-star, Lee Min Ho.

“Good evening, everyone!” He made sure to bow to everyone, regardless of title or position. “Please take care of me while I’m on set."

The man was dressed casually in a T-shirt and jeans, but it didn’t detract from how good-looking he was. He towered over everyone he stood next to and must’ve been over 6 ft tall. His smile was his most attractive feature. Adorable dimples would form at the corners of his mouth that complimented his straight white teeth.

“Im Yoona?” he asked as soon as he reached her chair. Yoona got up and gracefully bowed.

“It’s a pleasure to be working with you.” He beamed. They had already met 3 times before at script readings and the press conference, but they hadn’t really gotten a chance to interact aside from reciting lines.

“Yes.” She replied,” I am looking forward to it.” She was a little shocked that he had taken the time out to greet her, knowing that they would only be filming separately today.

“I didn’t mean to interrupt,” he shot a glance at the hairstylist who was still frozen. She gently grabbed Yoona's arm and sat her down and began working on her hair. “I know we won’t be filming anything today, but I came to greet you because I’d really like us to be on good terms so that we’re comfortable.”

Yoona smiled. “That’s very kind of you. I hope the filming goes well for you today.”

“Likewise.” Lee Min Ho flashed the grin that made every woman in Korea go weak in the knees. “I’ll get going then.”

He walked out of the room and women who had been in a daze were snapped back to life and resumed their work. Yoona was happy that he was just as humble as everyone had described him.

After hours of filming, Yoona finally returned home to find all her unnies still awake, minus Jessica.

“Seohyun?! You too?” She could not believe the maknae betrayed her faithful bedtime.

“I’ve been trying to get all of them to go to sleep for 2 hours!” Seohyun had a desperate look in her eye. “Unnies! We have a long schedule tomorrow.” No one paid attention to the poor maknae. Instead, they began to grill Yoona.

“So, what was he like?” Sooyoung inquired, not able to contain her excitement.

“Nugu?”

“The janitor,” Taeyeon offered. Sooyoung’s head flew back with laughter.

“LEE MIN HO OPPA!” They both yelled out in unison.

“Oh him. Really nice,” Yoona replied.

“Im Yoona, we did not stay up this long for that.” Hyoyeon held her fist up, ready to punch Yoona in the arm.

Yoona began sniffing the air. “I smell curry. If someone goes and serves me a bowl, I think I’ll remember a few more details.” Sooyoung ran into the kitchen and Seohyun sighed deeply before reluctantly following behind her unnie to help.

While Yoona sat at the table to eat, the girls huddled around her as she told the story about how Lee Min Ho came to greet her while she was getting ready.

“That was so sweet!” Tiffany exclaimed as she clasped her hands together.

“Don’t even think about it, Fany!” Sooyoung exclaimed with a threatening look,” I spotted that sneaky smile of yours earlier when we ran into Big Bang. You were fawning over TOP, so this one belongs to me!”

Yoona choked on the huge spoonful of rice and curry she had just put in .

“Girls. Don’t mention that name while I’m eating. Please.”

“Why?” the girls all asked at once.

Yoona hadn't thought of what she was going to tell the girls. She had planned on not explaining the situation at all. She didn't need anyone else thinking she was dating TOP. And the last thing she needed was for them to start pointing and giggling whenever the two of them were in each other's vicininity. She cringed just thinking about having to see him at Inkigayo next week. No, she had to make something up quick.

"Someone told me he's a ert and that he enjoys getting spanked by his girlfriend."

No. NO NO NO. Why of all things did she have to blurt this out?

The girls keeled over in laughter. Hyoyeon was having an especially hard time regaining composure.

"Big Bang's TOP said that?! OMG that is hilarious!" Hyoyeon was slamming her palm onto the table and Taeyeon was no longer audible as she merely shook with laughter and rested her head on Hyoyeon's shoulder.

"Hyoyeon! You can't mention this to anyone. I promised I wouldn't reveal my source. Girls!!"

Seohyun looked visibly distressed and began cleaning the table up and getting ready to wash dishes. "That's enough girls. We're going to sleep."

Taeyeon finally got ahold of herself and backed her maknae up. "That's right girls. Tha'ts enough fun for one night. Yoona and Sunny have to film for Strong Heart tomorrow and the rest of us have our own schedules."

The girls finally settled into bed for the night after the giggles died down. The next day, Yoona and Sunny left extra early for their Strong Heart filming. Seohyun was the only one awake. She gave Yoona a guilty look as she handed both of them bowls of cut fruit.

"Seohyuna. What's wrong with you?" asked Sunny.

"Me? Nothing! Make sure to finish all your fruit."

Both girls thanked their dongsaeng and walked out to the van that was waiting for them outside of the dorms. Yoona turned to Sunny.

"Why do you think she was acting like that? Do you think she overheard something from Hyoyeon last night?"

"I wouldn't put it past Hyo. I know she told someone." They both laughed it off. They both knew that while Hyoyeon was a trustworthy person, a juicy piece of gossip like that had to be unleashed on one of her close friends at least. Yoona figured it couldn't be too serious. Besides, they wouldn't have any contact with Big Bang until next week. This whole TOP business would certainly be forgotten by then.

Yoona and Sunny arrived at the SBS studio and went straight into hair and makeup. They were the first ones to emerge and take their seats and greeted their sunbaes one by one as they walked on to the set.Yoona was completely immersed in a conversation she was having with Lee Seung Gi when she felt Sunny's hand grip her wrist tightly.

"Yoona." She leaned in and began to whisper. "Whatever you do, don't turn around."

Yoona immediately turned her head and found herself looking straight into the eyes of Big Bang's TOP walking onto the set.

Next Week: What will be revealed on Strong Heart?

Author's Note: Finished it early, guys. :-)