I'm in Love

Misconception

Love.

Love for each other. Love for their beautiful children. Love for their multi-million dollar home.

The two doting parents kissed their little ones on the forehead and headed back to bed.

"You don't think Little Seunghyun will wake up from a nightmare again tonight?"

The father smiled. "He's a strong boy. He'll be ok."

He grabbed his wife's hands. "Thank you for fulfilling all of my dreams."

And then he went in for a kiss.

"OH. MY. GOD! That's it! I want to get married tomorrow! I don't care who it's with!"

"Unnieeee!"

Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Yuri were gathered around the TV set watching the long awaited finale of North Star. Hyoyeon and Yuri were wiping their tears while the maknae kept her poker face on.

"I would've had more kids by then though," Hyoyeon stated confidently.

Seohyun was unimpressed. "So that's it? She inherited the company and all she does is settle down with him? How old is she anyway?"

Hyoyeon gave Seohyun a slap on the shoulder. "Seohyuna! We don't all want to be ahjummas by the time we get married."

Yuri cackled. "This was such a good drama though. I can't wait till the ratings come out tomorrow. I'm proud of Yoona."

"Yoona.... where is she anyway?" Hyoyeon wondered. "Shouldn't she be home watching the finale right along with us?"

"One week." Yuri responded,"it's been exactly one week since filming ended. She has no excuse to not be home."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Im Yoona... saranghae."

I love you.

She'd had plenty of people tell her these words. Fans, other idols, soccer players, executives. But these words had never made her feel the way she felt when he said them. Yet... she wasn't confident in her own feelings.

"... Yoona?"

He tightened his grip on her hand slightly. She could tell he was desperate for an answer. But could she give him the answer he was looking for? She had never said those words to anyone. She had dated. But she was never in the position where she could return these deep feelings for another.

"I'm sorry, TOP. I don't feel the same."

His grip loosened. He should've been the one feeling crushed, yet she felt her stomach drop down to her toes.

"But..." she managed.

He looked over at her and into her eyes. That stare. She must've been crazy not to fall in love. She had to be the only woman in Korea that wasn't. But there were definitely sparks. There had always been since the beginning. This was something she couldn't deny, let alone escape.

"I still want to see you. I want to spend time with you. I think I'll go crazy if I don't."

TOP had to smile at that. "And you say it's not love?"

Yoona frowned. "I don't know yet. But please TOP... I mean... Seunghyun.... will you go out with me?"

He was still feeling a bit down, but a smile spread across his face at Yoona's proposition. He was just as sought after as Yoona, and was asked this question almost on a daily basis. Yet he felt like a young boy when the words came from . Whether it put a damper on his pride or not, he couldn't say no.

"Yes, Im Yoona. I'll be your boyfriend." He let out a slight giggle after that statement.

She busted out laughing. "What was that?"

He playfully slapped her lightly on the shoulder. "I'm your boyfriend! hehe! I'm dating SNSD!"

She buried her face in her hands and continued to laugh at this man child.

"Girlfriend...." he said as he giggled again," this confession wasn't planned, but the rest of the night was. Are you coming along, or what?"

"Well... it depends on where you're taking me..."

He took her answer as "yes" and immediately got the car started and drove off towards a place he was sure she hadn't been before. She had no idea where he was driving to, but she didn't want to ask questions. For once, she was going to lay back and enjoy the ride.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about 10 minutes they ended up in front of a large building. There were crowds of girls waiting outside. Some of them perked up at the sight of a car pulling into the building.

"Sit back down, Hye Jung," a 20 year old woman said after observing the vehicle.

"But... maybe it's one of the oppas..."

Two high school seniors sitting near the younger girl glanced at each other and laughed.

"She must be new," one of them said.

"They wouldn't be caught dead riding in a cheap Volkswagen," the leader explained, "That's got to be manager oppa driving solo. Let's save our energy for when Jiyong leaves for the bars."

The youngest girls eyes widened and she nodded her head vigorously. "Ah... got it!"

Yoona finally recognized the building, the fangirls having tipped her off more than anything. TOP parked the car near a back entrance.

"Welcome to YG Entertainment!"

Yoona was shocked at his nerve. "Are you crazy? We can't be seen at your company! And what about all the girls outside! Look I see some hiding in the bushes! They're everywhere!" she exclaimed as she pointed in their direction.

If it wasn't for his manager's super dark window tints, they would have been ravaged by that time.

He pulled out a heavy puffer jacket that was hung by the back window. He also grabbed a bright, red, hooded sweater that was folded on the back seat and handed it to Yoona.

"Put this on!"

"You want me to put on a bright color like this and think that I'll get away unscathed?," she said as she glared in disbelief, "I don't want to die at the hands of VIPs today, thank you very much."

"Trust me!"

He pulled some baggy trackpants from the backseat as well and proceeded to pull them over his jeans."I know my fans better than anyone. Which is why I don't use these tactics unless I absolutely need to."

He turned to Yoona who was obviously not convinced and attempted to explain. "This orange puffy monstrosity... I would never wear it. Not in my right mind. Unless...." he trailed off, recalling the horrid outfits he had worn for clothing CFs."... I was paid to."

Yoona rolled her eyes.

"It's my manager's. And they know that. And luckily the man is about my height."

He pointed down at the worn down trackpants. There were stains and tears all over the place. An average Korean citizen wouldn't have been caught dead wearing them to the corner store, let alone a Hallyu star. However, Yoona could only think of how comfy they'd be to wear around the dorms. She'd have to ask his manager where he got them.

TOP noticed her eyeing them curiously. "I'd never wear these. Not even if I worked at a fish market!"

Yoona glanced over at the sweater. "What's with the red hoodie?"

"It looks just like Eun Joo noona's..."

"Wait.." Yoona held her hand up to shush him. She had heard that name somewhere. "Eun Joo... don't tell me... I know that name." Suddenly it clicked. "YG's wife!"

"Yes, she's been wearing this sweater a lot lately. The fans know it well. It's very... roomy."

"So...all I have to do is put on this sweater and I'll pass as Mrs. YG?"

"Not exactly...."

She was a bit puzzled. She didn't know what was going through his mind. Until she remembered a headline Sooyoung had read aloud to them a few months ago. That girl was such a fan of celebrity gossip, despite being one herself. Yoona could still hear her loud, excited shrieks in her head.

"Guys, get this! YG's wife is knocked up again!"

Wait... pregnant?

"OH HELL NO!"

"All you have to do is stick this cushion underneath the sweater and..."

"I'm too young for this! I don't care if it's just pretend!"

TOP started pounding his fists onto the steering wheel. "Yoonaaaaa!!! Come ooooon!!! I have stuff planned!!!" He pouted like a toddler.

"Are you serious right now? Isn't the girl the one who's supposed to show aegyo?" She started pounding her fists as well. "Seunghyunnnnnn, I don't wanna be pregnant!"

"Well, not this early in the relationship, of course..."

"YAH!" She pounded her fist on his shoulder instead.

All of a sudden without a word, he pulled the hood of the jacket over his head and opened up the door. He was leaving the car! And Yoona was trapped inside.

"Hi, Key Joon oppa!!" the fans yelled from behind the bushes. TOP could only raise his hand to acknowledge them as he began inputting the building code. If Yoona didn't get out now, she'd be trapped inside and at the mercy of the fangirls. TOP began sweating and pressing random numbers.

"I'm sorry, oppa!" a fan yelled out,"I'd be able to help you with the code if they didn't change it so often."

Yoona's eyes almost burst from their sockets. She'd heard these stories, but was never there to witness them. She was thanking her lucky stars she wasn't a male idol at this moment. TOP didn't say a word and only waved his hand back as if to say "not a problem". If he turned back now, they'd surely see his face. He could only ward them off with this disguise for so long. All of a sudden he heard screeching from the bushes. He froze.

"Eun Joo unnie!! Your belly is so round!"

TOP exhaled in relief and he smiled at the thought of Yoona walking around with a cushion in her sweater.

"I hope your baby comes out healthy!"

"Please tell us when you find out if it's a boy or girl!"

He felt a hand on his arm as he finished entering the code. It was trembling.

"I don't think YG oppa would like that very much, unnie!"

"Oh, !" she whispered. He felt her hand pull away as fast as if he were on fire. He almost laughed and gave himself away. The door unlocked and they both hurried in.

"Don't let your guard down just yet!" he warned her, as he shut the door behind him. In reality, he knew there was no one else around this part of the building at this hour. 2ne1 and their team was in Japan, and s were getting ready to go out for the night, if they hadn't gone already. But he enjoyed her dependence on him. She latched back onto his arm and he slid his hand into hers. This was definitely worth wearing this ugly outfit for.

"Ok... close your eyes!"

"You're weird!" Yoona said, but still obliged. She prepared herself for something cute or romantic.

"Open!"

Her eyes blinked open and she was in.... the YG gym?

"I'm not working out with you, Seunghyun. I do enough of that at my own company."

He handed her a plastic bag that was sitting on one of the weight benches nearby. "You. Locker room. Change."

TOP took the bag that was next to hers without saying another word and walked off to the men's locker room.

Pfft. What does he think? That I'll just do whatever he wants with no explanation?

As she walked towards the locker room, she began to stress over what was in the bag.

What if it's... a bikini! What else would he be asking me to do at a gym this late at night! He's crazy if he thinks I will!

When she reached the locker room she hurriedly opened the bag and the first thing she saw was a towel.

"BYUNTAE!" she screeched out loud.

But she immediately felt dumb after her next discovery. It was.... a pair of baggy sweatpants? And a T-shirt? She hesitated a bit before putting them on. Yoona, the nation's ideal type, at YG Entertainment... in sweat pants. She imagined the headline in her head and shuddered.

She walked back out to the gym, both comfortable and self-concious, if such a mix is even possible. These are the clothes she felt best in, but she didn't imagine herself wearing them HERE and with TOP of all people. And TOP walked out immediately after... wearing the same exact thing!

He did a little twirl in his matching grey sweat pants with plain white tee. She could tell he was embarrassed, but trying to make her feel as comfortable as possible. "I can make anything look good." She silently agreed.

He took her hand and she let herself be led into another section of the gym. They came to a door and there were two pairs of furry slippers sitting on the outside. They slipped them on. She decided to stop being so suspicious of everything and trust him a little.

"TA-DA!" He opened the door to reveal what looked like a heated room at a jimjilbang. The entire room was covered in wooden panels and the room was radiating with a warm, but comfortable heat. In the center of the room was a small picnic blanket covered with dishes of the most delicious comfort food. Amongst the delightful offenders was a bucket of fried chicken and a chocolate cake, but there were tons more.. Several liters of soda were lined up beside the feast. It was a shikshin's wet dream.

"This is YG Entertainment's heated room. Better than what you'd find at any jimjilbang. I've reserved it for the night so that we can lay around in our sweats and gorge ourselves silly."

He looked over at her, obviously pleased with himself. "What do you think?"

"I...."

"Yes...?"

"...am not hungry."

"WHAT?!"

She rubbed her tummy and frowned slightly. "I ate like a pig earlier. I don't think I can fit anything else in."

"You little...." his face began tensing up when he remembered that this was supposed to be a happy day and that he should think happy thoughts," ....cutie pie."

"Cutie pie?"

He cringed at his last minute cover up, but never the less grabbed her hand and took her over to the picnic blanket he had carefully laid out in the middle of the room. It had taken him hours to think of the menu and to set up the room exactly as he wanted. He wasn't going to let anything go to waste.

"Sit.... please."

She complied with the request, although she certainly wasn't planning on indulging in the food. She did feel guilty about it, but she really was full.

TOP eyed the mountains of food nervously. How could it all go to waste? He suddenly picked up a dish of noodles with black bean sauce. The smell was intoxicating and he was starving, but he wouldn't eat alone. Not today.

"Oh what's this?" he asked Yoona as he brought the bowl closer to her face and then took it away as if to .

"It's not gonna work," Yoona said confidently as she folded her arms. "I'm not hungry."

But he was determined. He dug a pair of clean chopsticks into the bowl of steaming noodles and made sure to grab a generous portion. As he lifted them over the bowl, the black sauce began to slowly drip off of the noodles and back into the bowl.

"Don't even!" Yoona immediately brought her hand to and covered it tightly. This did not deter TOP.

"Look at the airplane! It has taken off the runway and is now on its way to the Yoona airport." He began moving the chopsticks in small circles over the bowl. Yoona's brows furrowed in disgust and she kept her hand in its place. TOP began to simulate airplane noises and he moved the noodles closer as he continued to wave it around in circles.

"You idiot, the black bean sauce is going to get all over!" Yoona said, uncovering in order to scold him. She underestimated his speed. Within seconds the chopsticks were inside and there were noodles and streams of black sauce escaping through the corners. The portion was so big that she was having trouble chewing and could only silently seethe as she tried to swallow the food. There was black bean sauce everywhere.

"Good girl!" TOP said with a smirk. He reached for a napkin and without a word, began to lovingly clean the remnants of the feeding from all over her lips and her chin. And suddenly, just like before, her anger quickly disappeared, the same way it did back when they were on the infamous double date with Yuri and Taeyang. She felt at home. Such a simple gesture, but coming from him, it was extremely comforting.

To appease him, she continued to eat small spoonfuls as she watched him devour the food before him as she had never seen before.

He must've starved himself today in order to keep up with me.

They continued to eat and drink to their heart's content and laugh hysterically at each other's stories. When they had each had their fill, TOP stood up.

"The night isn't over yet," he said with a hand over his now protruding belly.

"Are you sure about that? Looks like the next step for you is toilet."

"You!" TOP turned a shade of bright pink and he turned his back to her. "Follow me!"

Yoona snickered at how adorable he looked when he was embarrassed. She decided to follow his lead to not distress him any further. They didn't have to walk far after leaving the gym and TOP led her inside one of the YG recording studios.

"This..." he began as he switched the lights on and walked towards the center of the room, "is where the magic happens."

Yoona folded her arms, trying to act unimpressed. "This is a recording studio. I'm a singer. I know that. What? You think we don't have any over at SM?"

"What the recording studios over at SM are lacking is me."

She scoffed at him, but a slow smile began to spread over her face. As annoying as his cocky act was getting, she could tell that his demeanor changed completely as soon as he walked into this room. It seemed extremely important to him, and she was thankful to get to learn more about what made him tick.

"You. Recording Booth. Now."

She was caught of guard. "Excuse me?"

"I want to hear what you got."

Her hands begin to tremble. She had gotten pretty comfortable with herself and her abilities, but the way he was putting her on the spot at this moment made her extremely nervous. It wasn't just anyone she was about to perform for, it was him. She was afraid to disappoint him.

"I... don't want to."

Out of nowhere, TOP begin skipping, yes, skipping towards Yoona and he placed his hand around her waist as he led her towards the booth. She was barely getting adjusted to the sensation of his hand on her waist and didn't have time to protest. He placed her in the room, shut the door, and locked it with a key he had taken out of his pocket. All the while, Yoona was left in the room with a completely stunned look on her face. TOP took his place by the mixing board and motioned for her to put on the headphones located near the mic. Still in a daze, she obliged. He pressed the button that would let Yoona hear his voice.

"SNSD's Im Yoona. You've found yourself in an unlikely place. You are behind the mic at a YG recording studio." He didn't let up. "Did I mention YG is a place where only hip-hop artists reside?"

She felt like she was going to be sick. "And... what are you trying to say?"

"What I'm trying to say is that I want to hear you flow."

"WHAT?!" She reacted as if he had just asked her to light her hair on fire.

"Your flow. Your rap. If you really wanna be my girl, SNSD member, you have to show me what you're made of."

"You just said it yourself. SNSD member. We don't have a rapper. We have nothing at all to do with the genre."

"Is that so?" TOP smirked as he began messing around with the mixing board. The instrumental of his solo song, "Turn it Up", began to blare through the speakers. This was really happening.

"Choi Seungyun... you can't be serious right now."

"Oh... but I am. You want to date a rapper, I suggest you start learning the craft. Let's see what you got."

She felt like breaking the glass in front of her. Her rage could not be contained. Why was he putting her in this ridiculous situation? But... there was no way to escape. All she could do was begin bobbing her head the beat and soon the small movements turned into powerful waves. Her right hand seemed to have a mind of its own as it began moving to the beat, making a gesture fit for a hip hop queen.

"Yo, Yo Yo. Check it. Yoona in the house. Ugh..." She ignored the stunned look on her boyfriend's face as he looked up to realize she was actually speaking into the mic. And she began to freestyle to the strong beat.

"My name is Im Yoona, everybody knows me.

Nation's ideal type, why you hating on me?

Tell me your wish, let me be your genie,

I can take you for a ride, I'll have you sayin 'Oh Gee'

Yes, I bring the boys out, they stalk like paparazzi,

But you are all I want, only TOP notch for .... GD?!"

The instrumental continued to loop as Yoona tried to get over the shock of seeing Kwon Jiyong suddenly appear next to TOP with a huge grin on his face. TOP stopped the song.

GD pressed the button to speak to Yoona. "Why'd you stop? You were doing great..."

He shut the button off before she could hear him laugh. However, she wasn't blind, and glared as she saw him double over with laughter. She then looked over at TOP to see that he was just as shocked as she was. He glanced at her with an apologetic look on his face. He walked over to let her out of the room and she hesitated before walking out to greet G-Dragon.

"I think you're at the wrong record label," Jiyong said with a playful smile. "I'm gonna talk to YG hyung tomorrow about getting you signed."

Yoona smiled weakly and began to feel extremely uncomfortable. She was in baggy clothing with minimal makeup and her hair was in a messy bun. To top it off, her white t-shirt was stained with black bean sauce. It was not a pretty sight.

"Weren't you going out tonight, G?" TOP asked, with an annoyed look on his face.

"Not without you. It's Saturday night. It's time to get our cray on."

TOP looked over at Yoona and back to GD. Neither he nor his girl were dressed for the occasion. But TOP rarely turned down an invitation to party on a Saturday night.

GD quickly picked up on the vibes his friend was giving off. "Funk Master Yoona is welcome to join us."

"That's ok..." began Yoona,"I'm not too big on partying..."

"...with us?" GD offered.

"No. I just, don't feel like going anywhere. But Seunghyun is free to..." she looked over at her boyfriend's uncomfortable expression.

The atmosphere was tense. TOP definitely had to pause to think it over, and none of this was lost on his 2 companions. TOP reached out for Yoona's hand and Jiyong raised an eyebrow. He then smiled.

"That's the Seunghyun I know." He turned to face Yoona. "He's a Romeo, this one. He'll sacrifice anything for the girl he loves. Don't break his heart." And with that, GD said his goodbyes and made his way out, winking at his hyung as he closed the door behind him.

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Yoona." He paused and began rocking his body to an imaginary beat. "Yo, Yo Yo. Check it. Yoona in the house..."

Yoona cackled. "Would you stop!"

TOP reached over and pressed a button on the mixing board. Ra D.'s "I'm in love" began playing.

"Alone at last."

If my love for you gets any deeper
It will only result in getting hurt
My fears are filling my mind
This is the truth

TOP walked closer to Yoona as the music continued to play softly in the background. His eyes focused only on hers as he continued to walk and she stumbled backwards onto the nearest counter. He got so close that she stopped breathing and his nose was nearly touching hers. He began singing along almost in a whisper to the lyrics in the second verse.

Actually from the first time I met you
Somewhere deep in my heart
You crashed in like a strong wave
You’re the only thing in my mind all day

His hand slowly wrapped around her waist and she didn't fight it. He placed his other hand on her cheek and caressed it before pulling her in close. He pecked her once on the lips, then went in once more, this time kissing her even more passionately than he had the night she had initiated the kiss. His other hand went down near her waist and pulled her in as close as he could as her arms went up to embrace his neck. As their lips melted into one another, they felt the ultimate satisfaction of being able to express the feelings they had been holding in for so long. So many months in denial, and now here they were, together.

The song ended and all that could be heard were the soft popping sounds their lips would make after parting for a few seconds and then desperately reuniting once again. TOP pulled away from her and put both hands on her face and planted kisses all over it, from her forehead, to her eyes and all the way down to her chin.

"You're beautiful."

She stayed silent as he went back in for her lips. As he was kissing her, he placed his hand on her upper back, and slowly began tracing down her spine with his finger until he reached the small of her back. She jolted a bit and immediately broke the embrace. She breathed out heavily and avoided his gaze.

"That was easy."

"What was easy?" she asked him, with a bit of an attitude.

"Your spot."

"My what?"

"Now I know. I'll be more careful next time." He chuckled as he grabbed her close and squeezed her into a tight and loving embrace. He was smiling so widely that he felt his cheeks were starting to hurt. He couldn't help it. She rested her head on his shoulder and sighed. They both wished they could stay like this forever.

Later that night, Yoona slipped in through the darkness and climbed into bed. She could hear Yuri's soft snores. She wrapped herself tightly in a warm blanket and turned to her side. She closed her eyes and smiled, hoping she would dream of Choi Seunghyun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translations for Ra D.'s "I'm in Love" provided by princessoftea.wordpress.com. If you haven't heard the song, LISTEN TO IT. Just makes you want to fall in love with someone :-)

I hope you enjoyed their date. They FINALLY got to have a decent date, although there were some interruptions.

No... this fic isn't over just yet.