Nobody's Perfect

Misconception

Three weeks. 

Three weeks since the premiere of North Star. The drama was met with glowing reviews and ratings had gone up to unexpected heights.

Three weeks since Park Seunghyun and Choi Hee Jin met on-screen. It started off as hatred, but the two had undeniable chemistry. The country girl, Hee Jin, and the chaebol and head of Polaris Department store, Seunghyun were electric. It wouldn't be long before they shared their first kiss, despite all of Go Hana's efforts to intervene. And viewers both young and old were begging for it.

Three weeks since TOP and Yoona spent the night under the same roof. Three weeks since they had any form of contact after the incident. But neither had stopped thinking about it since the day Yoona rode away with a heavy heart and TOP was left to wonder. Although neither had forgotten it, they had no hope for a future that included the other. It was a crush. A flutter. A passing thing.

Filming was ahead of schedule. Episode 6 of North Star was set to air on that day and they had almost finished wrapping for episode 8, which was to air the following week.

"Ok everyone, you can go home," the Director announced to the cast. "However, I'm not letting the stars go until we're finished, but you can get a few hours of sleep while the crew preps the next location."

Yoona was used to it by now. She couldn't complain since not going home meant that she was in the most scenes. She was filled with energy for some reason and couldn't sleep. She stayed up speaking to some of the crew so that they wouldn't doze off themselves. She was listening to a crew member's story about his daughter taking her first steps while he was on set when someone came from behind and draped a warm blanket on her.

Lee Min Ho bowed to the crew member and Yoona. "You're not going to sleep at all?"

She smiled at him. "I can't sleep for some reason. I'm just going to stay up until we have to film again."

"I'm not tired myself. I was planning on grabbing something to eat instead..."

Yoona's eyes immediately lit up. "Food?"

The crew member turned to Yoona. "Why don't you two go eat if you won't sleep, then? You've worked hard today."

She bowed. "De."

Yoona jumped into Minho's car and he took her to a restaurant that was elegant, yet not too stuffy.

"I've always wanted to bring someone here. I'm usually eating alone when I do have time off to visit this place."

"Alone? Not even... with your managers?"

He smiled. "Sometimes I like to be alone. And I don't like to bother them. They do so much for me already."

Yoona felt guilty thinking back to all the times she had dragged Dong Wook with her to different restaurants or made him bring her food when she was hiding from the press. He seemed to realize that her mind was wandering and he stuck the menu in front of her.

"Order whatever you want. Everything's good. And it's on me."

Boy, it's nice to be given some options. To be respected enough to be given the choice to order your own meal. Instead of Mr. Fancy-Pants ordering some crap for everyone. Yoona literally shook her head in order to shake off her thoughts.

"So... tonight's the night."

"Umm... what?" Yoona brought herself back down to Earth. She was confused. Minho nervously smiled and looked down at his menu.

"Park Seunghyun. He's finally gonna man up and kiss Choi Hee Jin."

That was right. Yoona had forgotten all about it. That's why they were staying later. They were filming a very important scene that night.

"Is it your first time?"

What? First time? She stayed silent not knowing what to respond.

"On screen that is?" he couldn't help but chuckle at how nervous she got after the question.

"Oh... no it isn't."

"Then you should be a pro by now. It's not my first, but I don't think I've ever been this nervous about it. Hopefully... you'll guide me well."

Guide him well? What is this...

"Oh... yes..."

Awkward.

The rest of the meal went a lot smoother. The two joked about all the mistakes they had made while filming. They talked about their individual careers. Their friends. Current entertainment news. It was an enjoyable meal between two co-stars.

"I'll be back. I'm going to use the men's room before we go back on set. Do you mind waiting?"

Yoona shook her head. She was currently digging into a slice of apple pie. She could care less whether Minho was in front of her or not. Her attention was given to the pie.

Minho walked into the men's room, doing a quick check to see that all of the stalls were empty. He took out his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello. Yeah, we're almost finished. Look, I promised you SNSD's Yoona and I have her. I'm parked right out front, make sure you're there when we leave. Alright then. Bye." Minho shut his phone and looked around. He did a quick mirror check just to make sure his hair was neat and in place.

"Smile!" he told his reflection as he flashed a grin. He walked out of the men's room and back towards his table.

Minho seemed to have not done a thorough enough bathroom check. A man with blue hair walked out of the last stall, completely furious. He had taken his girlfriend out to dinner and spotted the co-star couple, but they hadn't seen him. He didn't mean to run into Minho this way, but he was so glad he had. Now he knew what kind of he was dealing with. He put his cap and hoodie back on and headed into the dining room.

"You took kind of long..."

"You don't have to film today, so what's it to you?" TOP was irritable. He was lucky In Na hadn't spotted her co-stars or else it would've been impossible to keep an eye on them without her intervention.

Back at Minho's table, an interesting conversation had begun. Yoona frowned as she had just finished the last bite of flaky crust.

"So... I was thinking that maybe we should try and practice before the big moment."

Yoona gulped. "Practice?"

"I'm so sorry. I don't mean to come across as creepy at all. I just figured, well, we're going to be uncomfortable doing it for the first time in front of all those people. We might as well get the awkwardness out of the way."

"Hmm... I don't know."

"I won't pressure you. I figured we can give it a try, maybe in my car or something. Just a peck."

"Just a peck..."

It didn't feel right. As nice and especially handsome as her co-star was, she didn't feel comfortable kissing him outside of work. She didn't know what to do in this situation. It was only to help their on-screen chemistry, right?

"Let's go..."

TOP watched as the couple walked out of the restaurant and looked down at his watch.

"I have to go practice." He took out a wad of bills and laid them onto the table. "I'll call you when I get home tonight."

"Oh... ok." In Na couldn't interfere. She knew how TOP got when it came to music, or something very important to him.

Lee Minho opened the passenger's side door for Yoona as he looked out to the other side of the street. He smiled to see that the person was on time. He got into the car and looked over at Yoona.

"Do you want to try it?"

Yoona felt something in the pit of her stomach. Like she was going to be sick. She had a bad feeling about this whole situation, although she couldn't figure out why.

"Minho, I... I feel like Choi Hee Jin is a very shy character. It will be her first kiss and maybe I can benefit a bit from that awkward feeling."

Minho said nothing. He slowly leaned in towards Yoona's face. Yoona wasn't sure what to do. She was paralyzed. As he was inches away from her lips, they were interrupted by a huge commotion and flashes out of the corner of their eyes. Yoona's eyes widened in horror.

"Paparazzi?"

How did they find her? How was she going to explain this moment?

Luckily for Yoona, the flashes were coming from the other side of the street. The attention was not on them, but a blue-haired man that was being completely mobbed by the press and a large group of teenaged girls. He was smiling and waving into the crowd. He even did an embarrassing little dance, the one that he was known for on variety shows. The people were going wild.

"TOP..." was all she could stagger out.

Minho reached for the door handle, but then decided against it. Instead, he stuck his key into the ignition.

"See, Yoona. It's people like him. Celebrities that can't get enough attention that ruin it for the rest of us. He probably called the press over just to show off the fact that he's out and about. What does he want to be on tomorrow night's news or something?"

Yoona couldn't believe what Minho was saying. Although she didn't know TOP for very long, it seemed very out of character for him to call attention to himself, let alone be dancing in the streets like that. But she couldn't erase what she had just seen. That was Big Bang's TOP and there was no denying it.

"I.. didn't think he was that type of person."

Minho sighed. "You think you know people in this business, but at the end of the day, people are just two-faced."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The time had come for Park Seunghyun to finally make his move. The girl who had been hanging around his department store for weeks for seemingly no good reason had finally gotten ahold of his heart. He gave her a job out of pity, never knowing she'd have this much of an impact on his life. Choi Heejin didn't want to get attached. She was looking for her father, she didn't have time to fall in love. But she met this man who rattled her to the core and her heart could no longer take it. They stood in the empty parking lot as the rain slowly began to fall.

"You think I wanted to be here? To have to see your face 24/7? No, this is something I didn't choose," Heejin's tears began to fall in tune with the raindrops. "But now I'm invested. I care for you too much. I just want to see you happy no matter who it's with."

His heart burst at that moment and he couldn't take it. He couldn't stop acting like his feelings were non-existent. Now that he knew how she felt.

"Stop it. Just stop talking, already!" He grabbed her arms and pulled her close as he tenderly kissed her in the rain. It was a gentle kiss, but a passionate one nonetheless.

"CUT!"

The entire crew broke out into applause.

"That was perfect! Perfect!! We can go home everybody! These two extremely talented people got it on the first take!"

Crew members immediately surrounded the two actors with towels and patted them on the back for a job well done.

No, she hadn't had to rely on the awkwardness factor. Nor a practice kiss with her handsome co-star. All she had to do was pull from personal experiences. Her own tears wouldn't cease to fall after such a powerful scene. Even after safely inside her warm, dry dressing room. Minho volunteered to drive her back to the dorms.

"I see you're still shaken. Let me drive you home immediately instead of you having to wait here for your manager."

She felt like a burden, but she obliged because all she wanted to do was be with her unnies after such a long schedule. She wanted to laugh. They always made her laugh.

She had finally made it outside of her dorm.

"Do you want me to walk you to the door?"

She smiled and shook her head. "I'm fine, thank you."

"You know, Yoona... I wasn't trying to make you feel uncomfortable earlier after dinner. I wasn't going to actually kiss you."

"You... weren't?"

He laughed. "I just wanted to see how you reacted. And... well you didn't pull away."

Yoona immediately turned pink and looked down towards her feet.

"Please, don't feel embarrassed. I'm glad I'm not repulsive. It was nice working with you today. You're very talented."

"Thanks. Good night, Min Ho oppa."

She walked towards the dorm, half humiliated, half giddy. He thinks I'm talented, hee hee.

She was relieved that he hadn't actually planned on going in for that kiss. She wasn't ready then. Maybe... soon.

She began keying in the code to enter the dorms when she felt a hand cover and she was pulled back into the bushes. She dropped her keys to the ground. She screamed as loud as she could, but her screams were completely muffled by the hand. She was scared and shaking. What was going on? Was she being kidnapped?

"Shhhh. Stop fidgeting and I'll let you go. I need you to be quiet though."

That voice. It sounded.... familiar. And unique. She listened to the strange man so he would let her go. .

Without waiting to see the attacker's face, she immediately kicked up at the family jewels and the man screamed and fell to the ground in pain.

"Yoo.... naaa... whyyy???"

She looked down to find a blue-haired man, writhing in pain on the ground.