Chapter 06

Can you protect Everyone?
Jessica POV
Ring~~~Riiiiinnnnnnnnngggggg!  I groaned.  I sleepily tried to find the alarm clock and shut it off.  I slowly pulled myself out of bed and started to get ready for school.  School…..Shinwha Academy……You have no idea how much I hate that school.  All the students were daughters or sons of some famous company in Korea, America, China, Thailand, and other places. 
 
Since my father was the richest man in the whole of South Korea and had the most successful companies set up in several places, you could say that I was somewhat revered at that school.  Everybody tried to be like me, tried to please me, but in the end it’s not because they wanted to be friends, but because they wanted me to take them on ski trips, or go on shopping sprees. 
 
I went downstairs to have breakfast.  Who else would I see, but the devil herself, my mom.  I mumbled good morning and sat down to eat.  We ate in silence.  I checked the time.  7:26.  I figured that I should go before I was late, not that I really got in trouble for it.  I grabbed my bookbag and started to leave, but my mom said,
 
“Driver Kim (ahjusshi) will be taking you from and back to school and will be driving you wherever you need to go.  You are not allowed to walk home or drive the car.”  I sighed.  This coming from the woman who insisted that I walk home just yesterday.  I left the room without replying and made my way outside where Ahjusshi was already waiting by the car. 
 
All through the ride to school, I could only think about Jonghyun.  I didn’t know when I would see him again, but I really hoped it was today.  As we were passing the bend, I saw someone on a bike peddaling furiously with a little boy on the back of the bike.  As we passed the bike, I saw the boy’s face.  No…….way…. “Ahjusshi, stop the car!”
 
Jonghyuns POV
I groaned as I felt the sunlight hitting my eyes.  I slowly opened my eyes and found out that I had passed out on the floor from last night.  I clenched my teeth and tried to get up.  A sharp pain shot up my side.  I hissed and gripped my side, hoping the pain would lessen.  I checked the time on the clock.  7:20.  Damn it, Taemin has to be at school in ten minutes. 
 
With much difficulty, I got on my feet and called Taemin down to go to school.  When he wouldn’t answer, I climbed up the stairs.  I opened the door to find him sleeping peacefully.  I didn’t want to wake him, but he had to go to school, or else he would get in trouble for being late.  I gently shook him awake, but there was no response.  I shook him a little harder this time. 
 
“Yah, Kim Taemin, hurry up or you’ll be late for school,” I coaxed.  Taemin mumbled incoherently.  I became slightly concerned, this wasn’t like Taemin.  He was always ready to go to school.  I felt his forehead just in case.  It was burning.  I began to panic.  What was I supposed to do?  It’s not like I was able to afford to take him to the hospital. 
 
“Hey, Taemin-ah, are you okay?  What’s wrong?”  Taemin’s face scrunched up in pain as he grabbed his head.  As much as my body protested, I hurriedly grabbed his jacket and carried him downstairs.  I seated him on the back of my bicycle and peddaled as fast as I could.  Hold on Taemin-ah, hyung will take care of you.