Chapter 24

Can you protect Everyone?

 

Jonghyun POV
 
I slowly opened my heavy eyes and realized that Sica’s head was on top of my chest….no wonder it was so hard to breathe….I was hesitant to move at all, afraid that I might shake Sica out of her sleep.  I stayed absolutely still and looked at Sica’s sleeping face.  I haven’t seen her in so many years, that I only remember what she looked like when she was a little kid.  But it didn’t seem as I she changed much. 
 
She still had the same pixie like nose and almond shaped eyes.  I let my thumb gently trace over her features, trying to burn it into memory.  Who knew when fate would tear us apart again…… I immediately pulled my hand back and shut my eyes when I saw Sica stirring.  Didn’t want to be caught…..(J).
 
“Jonghyun-ah, are you feeling any better?” she asked in a sleep drenched voice.  I laughed slightly. 
 
“Of course I’m fine.  This is Kim Jonghyun you’re talking about,” I assured her, running my hand through her hair.
 
“Yah Kim Jonghyun, are you joking right now?  I almost went crazy over how sick you were…and then last night…” she whimpered.  I kissed the top of her forehead.
 
“I’m sorry.  I promise, I won’t do it again.  I promise.”  She looked up at me with her huge eyes.
 
“Don’t make promises you can’t keep Kim Jonghyun.”  But still, she wrapped her arms tighter around me.  We stayed like that for quite awhile, before Taemin came in.
 
“Hey hyung!  Sica’s mom told me t-----AHHH!  MY EYES!!! HYUNG WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”  Taemin yelled.  I threw a pillow at him to shut him up while Sica scrambled to get off of me, which only resulted in her becoming tangled in the bed sheets, which made the situation look even worse than before.
 
“Hyung,” Taemin began to whine.  I was going to kill him.  Luckily Sica was able to get free in time and lead Taemin out of the room before the situation grew any larger.
 
I sank back into the bed, my body throbbing from the abrupt movement.  As I laid there, I heard Sica’s light footsteps enter the room. 
 
“Hey, are you alright?” she worried.  I nodded my head, being that it was all that I could manage at that time.  She brushed her hand over my hair.  I slowly relaxed at her touch, feeling comfortable, knowing that she was there. 
 
“Taemin and I are going to be cooking in the kitchen.  You stay here and we’ll bring the food to you when we’re done.”  I couldn’t help but smile at the thought of Sica and Taemin cooking in the same kitchen.  This should be interesting.
 
“Yah, are you underestimating my cooking skills?” she pouted.  Sica wasn’t exactly the best cook ever, but…putting Taemin and Sica together…THAT’S what I was looking forward to.
 
“I think I’ll come with you, just to make sure you’re doing…okay,” I stated.  She shook her head, but I insisted.  There was no way I would miss this for the world.  Finally I was able to convince her and she brought me over to the couch right in front of the kitchen.  I sat back and prepared myself to enjoy this wonderful show.