Chapter 05

Can you protect Everyone?

Jonghyun POV 

I could smell the alcohol dad from his breath and knew that it wasn’t a good sign.  Whenever my dad was drunk and pissed off, I was pretty much done for.  So much for bringing the chicken. 

“Hyung,” I heard Taemin say.  I didn’t see him before, but now saw that he was huddled in the coner with fear.  I tried to get past my dad and go comfort Taemin, but he wouldn’t let me. 

“Where are you trying to go Jonghyun? You were late.  I clearly remember telling you to come home by 8:30.  It’s 9:42.  I think that disobedient children should be punished, don’t you think?” 

“Taemin, go upstairs.”  I didn’t want him to see anything.  Besides, by staying down here, he would probably end up getting hurt.  Taemin was hesitant at first. 

“Don’t go upstairs Taemin.  Don’t you want to help your brother?” my dad asked.  He sure knew how to mess with people’s minds.  Taemin started getting closer to us.

“Yah, Kim Taemin, go upstairs right now!” I yelled angrily.  Taemin heard the tone in my voice and rushed up the stairs and closed the door to his room.  I looked at my dad who had that familiar sneer on his face.  He grabbed my collar and pulled me into the house.  I could see that he was trying to think of which way he wanted to beat me tonight.  Then he grabbed the chicken I held in my hands and threw it across the room.  I’ve got to make Jessica pay for chicken another time.  Just like usual, my father punched my head first to make me unfocused and unable to fight back. 

I wouldn’t have fought back anyway.  Last time I did, my father started to abuse Taemin.  I learned that it was better to just endure it and wait for it to be over.  I fell to the floor with the force of his blow.  He smirked.  I tried to pull myself up, but before I could, my father kicked me in the stomach making me huddle over to lessen the pain.  He kicked me over and over again until I couldn’t feel anything anymore.  When my father finally felt like I had enough, he just walked away like nothing ever happened, leaving me on the floor. 

Today wasn’t as bad as other days.  Some days my father even took the belt and continuously hit my back.  That hurt.  The kicking and punching was okay and I could handle it most of the time, but the belt was bad.  I stayed in the crouched position until the pain lessened somewhat.  I stuggled to stand up, but it was just too hard today.  Instead, I just began to think about Jessica’s face as I slipped away into the darkness.  

 

Author's note: sorry for such a short update! i'm in the middle midterms so i won't to update for awhile! so sorry! oh btw thx for trying out my poll