Chapter 10

Can you protect Everyone?
Jonghyun POV
 
As I hastily wiped away the tears, I felt a pair of slender arms wrap around my waist. 
 
“I’m not sure how to help, Jonghyun, and I don’t know if I’ll be able to anymore.  But know that I’ll always be there for you even if it seems like I’m not.”  I was confused by what she said, but I was too tired to question her.  Instead I let myself be comforted by her.  After what seemed like hours, she pulled away.  She stood up and tugged on my hand. 
 
"Jonghyun-ah, come one.  Let's go see Taemin."  Without protesting, I silently followed her.  When we reached Taemin's room, I saw him through the window.  He was lying almost motionless on the hospital bed.  I clenched my teeth trying to hold back tears. 
 
I felt Sooyeon take hold of my hand and slowly lead me into the room.  Once in the room, Sooyeon began to leave, but my grip on her hand tightened.  I needed her next to me.  I couldn't face this alone. ..not yet.  Sooyeon understood and remained by my side.  As we sat down next to Taemin's bed, his eyes fluttered open.
 
"Hyung?" he whispered hoarsely.  I automatically grabbed his hand. 
 
"Hyung, what happened?  What's wrong with me?"  I didn't know what to say to him.  Luckily, Sooyeon was there to answer.
 
"You just had a really bad fever Taemin-ah.  You scared everyone!" she said with forced brightness.  Taemin didn't notice and laughed softly.  I took a shaky breath.  I couldn't take it anymore.  Taemin already looked so pale and weak.  I abruptly stood up and rushed out of the room.   
 
Taemin’s POV
I began to panic.  The only other time I saw Hyung act like that was when we heard that mom was going to die.  Am I going to die?  I tried to get out of the bed, but noona pushed me back.  Wait….noona….when did she get here?  Never mind about that, you’re going to die Kim Taemin. 
 
“Noona, am I going to die?”  I didn’t realize it, but I was yelling because of my fear.  I struggled to get out of bed.  I didn’t know where I was going, but I couldn’t stay here anymore. 
 
“Taemin!  Taemin, stop before you hurt yourself!” she said.  She grabbed my hands and clasped them tightly together.  I could feel that my face was drenched with tears. 
 
“Noona, let me go!  I need to get out of here!”  I struggled to get out of her grasp.  But she held me even tighter and before I knew it, she had me in a tight hug, trying to calm me down. 
 
“Taemin-ah, you’re not going to die.  Jonghyun and I will go through hell before we let you die,” she said fiercly.  I rested my face against her neck and cried.  I didn’t know what else to do.  Jonghyun hyung gets hit by appa, I get bullied in school, and nothing ever seemed to work out right for me.  Noona soothed me and soon my tears came to a stop.  I sniffled and she wiped the tears off of my face. 
 
“You okay?”  I nodded meekly. 
 
“Noona…..can I play video games here?”  I needed to calm down and what was better than Pikachu?  I heard noona laugh softly. 
 
“Sure, Taemin, let me go ask the doctor.”  Soon we had the video games hooked up and I was caught up in the game of Pikachu.  Noona sat next to me and even sometimes played with me.  Don’t tell noona, but I don’t think video games are her thing.  Kekeke. 
 
5 HOURS LATER
 
“NOOO!  PIKACHU, DON’T DIE!”  Noona abruptly woke up.  Hyung had to go back to his room because he still wasn’t healed completely, so he left noona to watch over me. 
 
“Taemin-ah, please let me sleep.  This is like the fifty billionth time you screamed Pikachu don’t die,” she complained.
 
"Noona, if you were 2 levels away from being Pokémon master, you would not want your Pikachu to die either," I said seriously before going back to yelling at Pikachu.  Noona whined and covered her ears with a pillow. 
 
3 HOURS LATER
 
Noona finally woke up again and played with me.  Noona …..really bad.  I mean, she didn't even know how to use lightning bolt!  That's like, level 1 material.  Can you believe that?!?  In the middle of our so-called battle, hyung came in. 
 
"Hyung, please play with me!  Noona stinks at this game!" I pleaded. 
 
"Yah!  Did you think I wanted to play in the first place!" she retorted.  Hyung smiled.
 
"Sooyeon-ah, give me the controller."  Noona willingly handed it over to hyung with a scoff.  She kept mumbling furiously saying stuff like, "He thinks that I wanted to play with him! As if it is my fault that I !  Unbelievable!"  suddenly, hyung became serious and stared at me. 
 
"Don't hold you hopes too high, my donsaeng!  I will destroy your chances of ever being Pokémon Master!"  Noona cried out.
 
"You guys are just the same!  Kim Jonghyun, don't even think about yelling at your Pichachu or whatever that little yellow bunny is," she warned. 
 
"It's Pikachu!" Hyung and I replied at the same time.  Noona just sighed and shook her head at us.  Hyung was beating me at first, but because of my awesome skills as  a Pokémon trainer, I slowly started to gain on him. 
 
Soon, we were both glued to the screen yelling at our Pokémon.  in the background, noona was yelling at us to shut up, but we weren't really paying attention.  In a matter of minutes, I managed to take over hyung and become THE ULTIMATE POKEMON MASTER!!!!
 
"The crowd goes wild!!!"  I pretended to scream, imitating a crowd.  Hyung pushed me playfully.
 
"Yah, I let you win, because I know you'd be devastated if you lost," he claimed. 
 
"Says you!  Noona, I won fair and square right!"  Noona just nodded sleepily, but that was enough for me!  I WON!
 
A/N: Please comment and subscribe!  ALready 15 subscribers.  More than I expected it to!  I promise to update more often if u guys promise to comment/subscribe!  My goal is 100 subscribers before the end of March.  Think it's possible?