Chapter 19

Can you protect Everyone?
Jonghyun POV
 
I could see Sooyeon panicking, not knowing what to do, but her mother immediately took action.  With one motion of her hand, a group of men, who I presumed to be her security stepped out of their places and stood in a line, guarding her and Sooyeon, along with most of the guests.  Sooyeon’s mother stepped forward.
 
“We’ll deal with this outside.”  The man who brought me here smirked.  Does he know Sooyeon’s mom?  Before I had any more time to contemplate on this, the man pulled me up and dragged me outside.  I slowly forced myself onto all fours, trying to get up, only to be kicked in the stomach. 
 
“Jonghyun!” I heard Sica yell, but her voice was only a muffled sound in my ears.  Everything started to spin in my eyes as I struggled to keep them open.  I clenched my teeth to keep from losing consciousness, but it was becoming harder. 
 
“Umma, do something,” I heard Sica say desperately. 
 
“The drop-off will be at the usual corner of Apgujeongdo at 12:30 tonight.  You’ll get what you want, so there is no reason for all of this.”  Drop-off, what the hell is she talking about?  The man who was holding me up by my collar shoved me to the ground.  I heard their receding footsteps and a car driving away in the background. 
 
“Jonghyun-ah, Jonghyun-ah!  Are you okay?” Sica asked frantically.  I moaned, unable to say anything because of the pain. 
 
“Sica, go home with Ahjusshi and take care of Jonghyun.  I’ll finish up your father’s funeral and head home as well.”  With that said, she walked away.  Sica ordered the guards to put me in the car as carefully as possible.  I barely remembered the car ride to Sica’s home, but somehow I ended up in her bed. 
 
“Jonghyun, the doctor will take care of you alright?” I heard her say.  I nodded my head weakly. 
 
 
Jessica POV
 
“Doctor, will Jonghyun be alright?” I asked worriedly.
 
“Well, he has many deep cuts and bruises, but the thing that worries me the most is the knife that is still embedded in his side.  It doesn’t seem deep, but we must take it out immediately.  I would have preferred to do this at the hospital, but your mother said absolutely not to bring him there,” the doctor said confused. 
 
“Doctor, I don’t know my mother’s reason for not sending Jonghyun to the hospital, but we have almost everything that you may need.  Just tell me and I will go get it for you,” I said desperately.  Jonghyun was becoming steadily worse.  His face was becoming pale with the amount of blood that he was losing.  The doctor gave out quick commands to the maids.
 
“Sica, I need you to hold his hand.”  I tightly gripped it as he told me to. 
 
“1….2…..3….”  The doctor grabbed the tip of the blade tightly and pulled it out in one swift motion, but not without hurting Jonghyun.  As soon as the doctor took out the knife, Jonghyun screamed in pain, gripping my hand so tightly, I felt as if he was going to break my hand.  I could tell that Jonghyun was struggling to resist the intolerable pain. 
 
His whole body was tensed, and beads of sweat began to form on his forehead, for trying to hold in the pain.  Jonghyun took deep, shuddering breaths, trying to manage the pain, while Dr. Kim quickly began to clean the wound and bandage it.  Jonghyun’s hand was still tightly wrapped around mine.  His body was shivering and cold sweat ran down his face. 
 
“Jonghyun-ah, it’ll be okay.  Just hang in there alright,” I encouraged in a voice that was choked with tears. 
 
“Sica, go bring a cold wet towel.  We need to get Jonghyun’s fever down first.”  I immediately did as Dr. Kim said.  I hurried back to Jonghyun side with the cold towel in hand. 
 
“Sica, I was just called back to the hospital for an emergency.  Just carefully monitor his temperature and give him one of these painkillers when he wakes up.  Make sure he takes it after he eats something.  The instructions are on the label.”  I stood up, thanked him, and escorted him out the door. 
 
“Kim Jonghyun,” I said softly.  His eyes fluttered slightly.
 
“S~~ss~sooyeon-ah,” he rasped with great difficulty.  I brushed his cheek with my hand.  He opened his mouth to say something, but eventually ran out of energy and closed his eyes again.  I decided that it would be a good idea to bring water so I went out into the kitchen.
 
“Nuna!” I heard Taemin’s voice.  He walked in through the door hand-in-hand with…..my mother?
 
“Taemin-ah,” I said rushing over to him.  I looked up at my mother for some sort of clarification.  Not here, she mouthed.  What the hell was going on?  She handed Taemin over to me and shooed us away.  I brought Taemin into one of the guest rooms.
 
“Noona, why didn’t you and hyung come back for me.  I was waiting for you, but then that scary lady came in saying that she was noona’s umma.  I didn’t believe her at first, but then again I realized that your personalities are kinda similar,” he said innocently.
 
“Yah!  What do you mean I’m just like my mother?  I am nothing like her at all!” I complained.
 
“It’s okay noona.  Just because you’re being I compared you to your umma doesn’t mean that I think you’re old,” he said with doe-eyes.  I messed up his hair in annoyance, but he just laughed happily.
 
“By the way noona, where’s hyung?  I want to yell at him for leaving me all by myself in the hospital.”  He was just about to walk outside the door, before I pulled I back onto the bed.
 
“Taemin-ah, Jonghyun hyung is in a very important….um…..meeting right now with some very important people.”  I could tell that Taemin was a little suspicious.
 
“With who?” he questioned.
 
“Uh…..with the maker of Pikachu!” I said.  Taemin jumped up excitedly.
 
“Really noona!  Can I go see?  Why can’t I go see?”  Taemin began to become whiny.  I mentally slapped myself in the head.
 
“Look, Jonghyun hyung is busy right now, but I promise, as soon as he isn’t, I’ll let you know.  In the meantime, you can play with the Wii that I have.  You know how to set it up right Taemin?”  Before I even finished my sentence, he had the game .  I quietly stepped out of the room and closed the door.
 
“Sooyeon-ah?”  I heard my mom call from Jonghyun’s room.  What the hell is going on Jung Sooyeon?
 
plz comment and subscribe!!