Chapter 01

Can you protect Everyone?

 Jessica's POV

Oh my God it's freezing, I thought as I exited school.  Out of all days why did my driver decide this day to become sick.  Really?  I watched all of my friends get into their nice and warm cars, and was tempted to ride with them, but everyone knows that I hate to ask other people for anything.  Asking was for beggars, and I, Jessica Jung, am the daughter of the richest father in South Korea.  Yet even with such a title, my mother insisted that I walk home when I called her earlier about my situation.  I wrapped my jacket around me tighter and began the trek home in my stupid heels. 

Home wasn't that far from school.  It only took fifteen minutes walking, but who in their right mind would make their daughter walk home in negative degree weather?  As I was walking, nothing looked familiar.  I soon realized that I took a wrong turn.  I grumbled.  Now it would take me another ten minutes just finding my way out of here.  

I tried to find my way out, but just ended up being more lost.  I started to feel frightened as the neighborhood around me became more and more...less just say, not where I'm used to living.  I shook my head to clear my fears and walked confidently, looking as if I knew where the hell I was.  I took out my cellphone to call my mom. Recharge, it read.  Damn, no battery.  I guess I'll have to tough it out.  As it became darker, I began to slightly panic.  

"Hey, well what do you know, it's Jung Jessica, daughter of the richest man in the nation," some drunk guy said.  I didn't even look their way and kept walking.  I heard them laughing while following me.  I began to walk faster until I started flat out running.  I ran as fast as I could, but I guess it wasn't fast enough because one of the guys caught up with me and grabbed my arm.  I abruptly tried to pull out of his grasp, but he was too strong for me, so I did all that I could do....threaten.  

"Yah, if you hurt me, then my dad will find you and you'll regret it," I said, trying to sound as scary as I could, but how scary can a 5'3" 17 year old girl get?  

"You better watch out Duk ki, her dad's going to hurt you," another guy joked.  The guy grabbing my arm, Duk ki, laughed and tried to kiss me.  I screamed for help and I struggled furiously, my legs kicking everywhere and somehow ended up kicking him...you know...there....

As soon as he released his grasp, I bolted, but again I wasn't fast enough because soon, he caught up to me and raised his hand to slap me.  I squeezed my eyes shut to brace for the sting, but it never came.  I cautiously opened my eyes and say someone grabbing the arm of Duk Ki, preventing him from touching me.  I glanced at the person's face, trying to see who it was.  He looked about my age with puppy-dog eyes.  Puppy-dog eyes.......It can't be...