☯ Breakfast Table

Customary Tradition
[Demon Kingdom]

[Hikaru’s POV]

I honestly don’t know what to feel these past few days. Before I am always complaining because it has always been a boring day in this big castle since everyone abides the rules and are so formal. Not to mention having classes under Sire Ryo!!!

“Hikaru…”

I have always wanted to skip it all but now… Now things are going insane! Should I thank these twins for making things livelier or should I hate them because of the stress I am getting?!

“Hikaru…”

My blonde hair will turn into silver white in no time!!! I swear in the name of the Great One not to have twins as children… are?! Why am I thinking of such a thing right now?! Maybe finding a beautiful maiden should be what I should think first?!

“OUCH!” Well! I know it is bad manners to shout while in breakfast but someone just stepped on my foot and darn it hurts!!!

“You have been spacing out like your soul is in another dimension…” It was Prince Yuto who spoke. Well, I was deep in thoughts but, I don’t think they should be angry at me!! My “Beauty Prince Sleep” was disrupted by a scream I just heard a while ago! Thanks to them… Now my soul is not in my body… again.

[End of Hikaru’s POV]

All of them are gathered at the dining hall for breakfast. Technically, it is the first time that the Demon Kingdom will have such breakfast together with the twin’s at the Dining Hall.

Queen Mayuki is seated at the head.

On Queen Mayuki’s left was Rina, Yuya, Yui, Shige and Kaori. On the other side was Yuto, Yabu, Hikka, Kei and Yamapi. Jun was supposed to come but had to attend to some important matters.

The Queen noticed that Hikaru was spacing out which made Kota step on his foot just to get his lost soul back.

“It seems like a lot of people here are spacing out. I wonder why?!” Queen Mayuki said as they all turned their attention to Hikaru who just raised his hands in the air like saying “I’m innocent!” together with his puppy dog eyes and a big pout. They later on turned their attention to another person who is spacing out… Rina.

Yuya, being the one seated beside her nudged her as they noticed the tip of the spoon still at the end of while staring blankly at her food. What makes her different from Hikaru’s case is that, Hikaru’s facial reaction changes making different expressions and like talking to himself while Rina is simply blank dead.

“Rina?!” the Queen worriedly asked.

“Owh! Uhmm… yes, your highness.” Rina answered as she was again nudged by Yuya.

“Are you still bothered by that incident a while ago?!” The queen said as she saw Rina turned red like a beetroot.

“No your highness!! It is not it!’ Rina said while shaking her head.

“Come on! Don’t make such a big fuss about it! Besides, you should get used to it Dumdum…” Yabu suddenly made his remark which earned him a glare from Rina.

“Don’t get so assuming like that is the only thing going on to my mind right now. Owh! And in case you forgot, my name is Rina. R-I-N-A. Not dumdum.” She said while emphasizing the letters of her name like she was teaching a 3 year old about ABC’s.

“Pardon me for asking but, what happened a while ago. Well, that is, if you don’t mind…” Kaori asked as she was curious about what really happened. She just came in since she was invited to join for breakfast but before that, she was not aware about what happened.

“Owh!! owh!! Allow me to tell the story.” It was Yuto who volunteered himself to tell the story. He did it for several reasons. One is because he thinks it will be a great opportunity to talk to Kaori, Two is because it was a really funny event and he thinks it will be nice to tease Rina once in a while, and three is because he is afraid that Hikaru will be the one to tell the story. He heard news about his reputation and last, well, he just wants the spotlight for a while.

[Flashback]

It was a normal morning for the Demon Kingdom’s grounds.
Rina was on her bed sleeping again since she needs to regain her strength to be ready for the journey the next day. As she felt the warm rays of the sun hitting her cheeks, she turned to her side, still with her eyes closed, and noticed a slim figure beside her.

She felt someone sleeping beside her and decided to hug the person. She knew it was Yuto and so she gave it a tight hug. She felt something strange though… the smell of Yuto’s hair was different and what was weirder is that, as she hugged him, he takes her arms off of him. Considering Yuto as a very loving, caring and an affectionate brother, she would have expected him to hug her in return but instead, he keeps on shooing her away.

As she opened her eyes, she saw a man sleeping beside her, with a familiar auburn colored hair. As things finally came into realization, she immediately stood up away from the bed and shouted…

“WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING HERE!!! FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE GIVE ME PEACE AND GET OUT!!!”

It was actually her fiancé, Kota Yabu and clearly, he was irritated based on the expression on his face.

“What is the matter with you! Geez! I am trying to get some good sleep here.” He said while trying to get some sleep again.

Rina on the other hand is checking on herself with her paranoid thoughts.

“What have you done to me?! And why are you sleeping beside me?!” She asked as she hugged herself like protecting it from a maniac.

“Come on! As if I would do something to you! Is it still not enough proof that you still have your clothes on?! You are the one who molested me and hugged me!!! Don’t be so paranoid.” Yabu said still half asleep.

“Rina?! What happened?!” Yuto barged in to the door with Yuya, Hikaru and Yamapi behind him. Well, Yuto and Hikaru still on their pajamas.

Rina ran and hugged Yuto tightly and like a little girl, pointed at her bed and Yuto saw Yabu still comfortably sleeping.

“Owh! Are you not informed about it?! It is another custom here in the demon world that you need to share the same room with your fiancé.” Yuto said with a calm expression on his face.

“What?! I am clearly not aware of this! Besides, I will definitely disagree! Wait, you knew it?! Since when?! And why did you not tell me?!” Rina asked as she held on to Yuto’s arms and shaking him violently.

“I thought you said that the princess is not speaking on the first hour after waking up?” Hikaru whispered to Yuya as he saw the situation.

“Well, normally, yes, but on special occasions, I guess such thing happens.” He said while looking at what is happening.

“Sorry ne-san! I thought you already knew.” Yuto said as he just scratched his head.

“Your highness, since you are up, I guess you should prepare yourself and get ready for breakfast. We are sorry if we were not able to inform you regarding the matter but as a custom here in the land, we sincerely hope that you will abide and follow it.” It was Yamapi who made the remark and somehow made the berserker princess calm down.

“I don’t think there is still anything I can do right.” Rina said in defeat and let go of a big sigh.

“I am really sorry for the trouble I have caused.” She said as she bowed her head in front of them.

[End of POV]

“And basically, that is what happened.” Yuto said as he proudly concluded the story.

“So… that was how things really were. Is it not a normal thing in the place where you and the princess grew up?!” Kaori asked with a hint of curiosity regarding how things were in their world.

“Well, in some couples, yes, but usually, it is done after marriage. It was shocking for ne-san I guess because of the fact that she has never had a boyfriend eversince and that the only men she has slept with before was me and our father.” Yuto said while remembering things.

“Maybe the Princess is still not used to the fact that Prince Kota is already her fiancé.” This time it was Yuya who answered.

“Get over it. Besides, it is not like I did anything to her. She was the one who hugged me!!! I was actually the one being harassed here.” Kota said in an irritated tone as he took a look on Rina who still seems to be lost in space.

“Ne Ne-san… What seems to be the problem?!” It was Yuto who asked considering that it was actually weird to see her not enjoying the beautiful scenery of such wonderful food laying on the table.

“ Ni-chan… I have this weird feeling that I seemed to forgot something really really really important. I really hate this feeling.” She said and gave Yuto a worried look.

“If it really is that important then why did you forget it?!” Kota asked still with his irritated tone.

“Geez. You forgetting things is becoming worse. Maybe you are stressing yourself too much on tennis club.” It was Inoo who made the remark.

“Ahh!! Speaking of tennis club, how was your date with Haruma san ne ne-san?!” It was Yuto who suddenly asked and this made Rina look like there was enlightenment on her.

“What?! A date with Haruma?! You mean, tennis club’s Miura Haruma?!” It was Yui who suddenly reacted.

“Is there anything wrong with it Yui?!” It was Inoo who answered now with a tone slightly similar to Kota’s but a creepier one since it is paired with a smile.

“I am just surprised. Haru did not mention something like having a date with Rina.” Yui replied slightly surprised by Kei’s reaction.

“It is not a date. He asked me if I can accompany him on buying a new racket for the incoming tournament… Queen Mayuki!!!! Please allow me to go back to our world for just a while! I just cannot miss this opportunity!” Rina pleaded to the queen but to no avail, the queen did not reply.

“Rina, I am sorry but you cannot go back to our world yet unless the great one will please to do so. Until then, you’ll have to stay here for the mean time. Sorry about that.” Kei answered while enjoying his meal. He knows that Rina has had a huge crush on Haruma eversince and he is also aware about Haruma and Yui’s closeness as well. In a way he feels bad about not being able to get back to Earth but at the back of his head, there is also a hint of happiness in it.

The breakfast ended and those who will embark on the journey are already preparing. It will be Yuto, Rina, Yuya, Kota, Kaori and Yamapi. The rest will be left behind. They will assemble at the grounds and will choose their own horses for their transportation.

Kota, Yuya, Yamapi and Kaori already have their own horses so it will be up to Yuto and Rina to choose their own.
Rina was about to approach a horse when one horse went berserk and starts kicking and is out of control. Good thing that Yamapi was able to get her away from it. Kaori also tried to tame the horse but nothing happened. Even Yuya and Kota’s efforts are not enough. Yuto immediately stood in front of the horse which slowly got back on its feet and as he came near it, the horse became really docile and calm.

“Just my luck I guess.” Yuto said as he scratched his head and immediately chose the horse.

The horse he just chose was actually Kaori’s so they decided to ride on it together also considering that he is not that used to riding a horse.

Rina on the other hand, unconsciously chose Kota’s horse. Both of them being stubborn on choosing another one, they ended up riding the same one.

They will be passing through a dessert before being able to get to the Mystic caves where Yuto’s weapon will be found.

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

What will happen next?

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Another update ne :D It was a bit longer compared to the previous one. This is a chapter to show some things and some upcoming twists as well. Sorry if it focused too much on the twins and if the journey is still not starting.

Thank you for all of those who continues to support ne ^_^ It is very much appreciated.

By the way, I will be starting my classes again… soon. Though this time, I will try my best to update ne :D haha!!! Thank you for understanding ^_^v

COMMENTS ARE ♥

Satomi-chan!

(Did you know: If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1%, you’ll feel thirsty.)