☯ Dreams

Customary Tradition
I hope you will read the author's note at the end of the page (^_~)v
===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

[Ruby Kingdom]

“Mai!” Tsubasa said as she entered the room and saw Mai sweating heavily while still clinging on to her right arm.

She heard her scream and immediately went inside and saw that she is lying on the ground and is biting a towel as if trying to fight the pain that she feels. Tsubasa has been Mai’s maid for quite a while since she has been assigned by her master to take a good look at her and to look at her every move but she became a good friend which was not technically part of her job. Her concerns for her became genuine and seeing her in such state also pains her.

“What is happening?! This shouldn’t be…” Tsubasa muttered to herself. She has an idea about what the reason of this suffering might be but she doesn’t want to believe that idea herself.

Tsubasa immediately went towards Mai and assisted her to lie on her bed. She checked her arm for any traces of blood or injuries or wounds but there is nothing. This confirmed her theory earlier and the thought of it scared her more since she knows she cannot do anything about it. It is caused by magic, yes, Tsu-chan knows magic but that magic that causes her friend’s pain is something that is way beyond her skills. It is an inevitable thing. The painful reality that sooner or later, this day will come to Mai and it is also this same reason that she was sent there to look over her. It is Mai’s fate and she cannot escape from it.

It hurts Tsu-chan to see Mai suffering but she knows that she cannot do anything about it. The least she can do is to find something to put Mai to sleep to at least ease the pain even for a meantime. She was successful in putting her to sleep as she made her drink a potion.

Mai was in deep slumber and is now in the middle of her dreams. She loves daydreaming but she has a trouble in remembering her dreams the moment she wakes up but this dream was a different one from all the other dreams and it definitely made a mark on her.

“Mai! Mai!! What is happening to you! Wake up!” Tsu-chan desperately shakes Mai for her to wake up since she was sweating hard and she was frantically shouting and as if trying to reach for something.

Finally, she got back to her senses and saw Tsubasa holding on to her shoulders and she saw relief on her face.

“What happened?” Mai asked as she looked at Tsubasa who seemed to be really worried a while ago.

“You were shouting ‘Wait! Wait’ and your hands seem to be reaching out for something and you are sweating a lot. What happened to you?! How is your arm?” Tsu-chan asked

“Tsu-chan… Please do not ask too many questions at once. One at a time would be better.” Mai managed to say as she tries to sit down while Tsubasa was assisting her.

“Ok then, YOUR HIGHNESS. You were shouting and you are reaching your hand out like this while you were asleep. What happened?” Tsubasa said putting emphasis on the words “YOUR HIGHNESS” as a sign of teasing Mai. She knew that Mai never got accustomed to such kind of formalities and she had always had this yearning to feel like an ordinary person. She only addresses her that way when in front of the Queen and King which does not usually happens and on other circumstances, uses it to . Tsu also demonstrated how Mai reached out her hands while asleep to make it clearer for Mai to understand. It has been Tsu’s habit to reenact some things while telling a story and Mai had always enjoyed it. Seeing her do such thing somehow made her smile.

“Ok… I am waiting for your answer. I was really worried back then! I thought that something possesses you already!” Tsu said noticing the smile in Mai’s face which made her friend’s smile grew wider.

“Was I really doing such thing? Well, I had this strange dream…” Mai said as her eyes looked on its lower left… trying to remember what her dream was like.

“What was it all about?” Tsubasa asked and sat beside Mai.

“Well, in my dream, it was all black and nothing can be seen… but suddenly, there was a figure in front of me. It seemed reachable but even as I try to reach him, he seemed to be far away then suddenly, I hear a voice… A man’s voice… I am sure that I have never heard that voice before. It was scary yet somehow, it was assuring. It was deep and serious. Calm yet something with authority… I don’t know what to feel but he said some things that I cannot fully comprehend well… then suddenly, the voice started to fade away… and so was the image. I tried to reach out but I can’t.” Mai said as she held on to her right arm again.

“That is one. Now explain to me why you were clinging tightly on to your right arm? What happened? I checked it but there were no signs of injuries, bruises or even a scratch.” Tsubasa asked even though she is fully aware about what it means yet she refuses to believe it. Nevertheless, it was Mai’s destiny. Something she cannot run away from. Yet she wants a confirmation by herself.

“I don’t know. It was so sudden Tsu… I thought that my muscles are only tired because of my training and I tried to bear it and thought that it was a normal thing. I was wrong. The pain became more and more unbearable each moment… I felt like my arm is going to be ripped off anytime soon. I am glad that it was over now. I don’t know what to do if this happens again… Well, I hope it won’t.” Mai explained while still holding on to her arm like a precious thing that she cannot let go.

“It came out sooner than expected. Sorry Mai, but this is only the beginning. There is still more to come.” Tsubasa thought to herself trying to imagine more in store for Mai.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Diamond Kingdom]

“Aki! Aki! Are you alright? Aki?!” The king’s voice can be heard all over the room as he noticed his daughter flinched a little. He was with her the whole time since she was rushed into her room because of what happened to her during the training. He quickly called for the greatest physician in town to cure his daughter but they were not really successful in easing her pain. Good thing that Aki lost consciousness and was able to take a sleep and got a break from the pain.

Aki’s eyes slowly started to open and saw the image of her father beside her while tightly holding on to her hand. She can see how worried her father was. Her father has never been really an expressive one when it comes to words and not someone you can really call “affectionate” enough but he is someone who can make you feel that he loves you in his own simple ways and Aki had always known that her father loves her.

As she saw him in relief, she felt glad that her father was there for her and that she loves her but she cannot also take off that feeling of guilt because of the thought that she made her father really worried. She knows that her father is someone who easily gets worried about things and she had always wanted to help him. His father, being the king, has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders and it always makes her feel assured whenever her father discusses to her about things and is asking for her opinion. She feels trusted and relied on and that, she can make it up to those things that she cannot do.

Her mother has never been that affectionate to her and she knows why. She knows that her mother is disappointed to have a daughter instead of having a son thinking that she can never be a king and that, she can never rule the land and that one day, she will have to marry a guy who will inherit her father’s position and be a king. She knows that somehow, her father also had wanted a son but nevertheless, her father had loved her very much and she is really thankful for that.

“Father…” Aki said as he tried to get into a sitting position to have a proper talk with her father. She might not admit it but she hates to see his worried face, most especially if that was because of her. She had always been a responsible person and she doesn’t want to cause trouble or be a burden to others. She had always had this pride on her which can be admired.

“What happened to you yesterday?” Aki’s father asked trying to manage a cool composure though he knows that his daughter can read her actions very well.

“It was actually a normal day and as usual, everything is going as planned. I was surprised something like this happened.” Aki said as she tried to remember what happened. She hated causing trouble to people around her, making them worry and the fact that she was not able to handle the situation. That she can do nothing about it.

“How are you feeling right now though? I asked the doctors about what is wrong on your leg but they cannot find anything at all.” The king said worriedly without him even noticing it.

“Funny that you actually asked how I feel right now father; to be fairly frank, I feel quite strange today. I thought that there was just some tension on my muscles or something like that but, that pain… that pain was just a different kind of pain. How should I describe it… it is something… something unbearable really. I felt like being ripped into pieces. Not to mention a weird dream.” She said as she stared blankly at the blanket which is currently covering her legs.

“A dream, you say. I hope you don’t mind.” The King asked as he relaxed his back and sat comfortably on his chair as if waiting for a story to be told.

“Well, it was a dark and like an infinite space where a figure stood in front of me. A man’s figure though I cannot see his face or anything… just a shadow like entity and then I heard his voice. He was saying something.” Aki explained.

“Well, that sort of dream is normal. What is it that bothers you my dear?” The King asked since he knows that Aki will not put attention over petty things.

“The way I think in that dream is a bit weird. Like there was a part of me protesting about what he said and as if I am fighting over something… I don’t know. In that dream, I felt a little panic but also, there is this feeling that I have to do it… or else…” Aki said while fiddling her fingers.

“Or else?” Her father added like an excited kid waiting for the continuation of the story.

“Or else I will be really hungry. Why don’t we have our breakfast as of now! I am craving for some sweets.” Aki said as she suddenly changed the topic and so was her mood. A while ago, things are very serious and she had this worried look plastered on her face and now, she is wearing a huge grin.

“It seems like your switch is on today. Alright, as my precious princess request her humble servant. Well, you should go and change now. I will meet you at the dining hall.” The King jokingly said as he bent down like he is worshipping his daughter. He knows that when Aki turns this way, she needs to be a little spoiled. He then decided to leave the room to give her a time to prepare herself.

“Or else something really bad will happen… something I am still not sure of…” Aki said to herself with anxiety, thinking about what could possibly happen.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Amethyst Kingdom]

Koyama went inside his Princess’ room to check her again since he went out and personally prepared the breakfast for her. He was surprised when he opened the door and saw that the blankets and half of the comforter are already at the floor and together with it was actually the Princess.

“So she fell on her bed again huh?!” Koyama said to himself and he cannot refrain himself from laughing at the thought of it. It usually happens but he never expected it to happen now considering how the Princess actually looked like while they were in the carriage. He treated her like his own little sister and always had this genuine care for her. He has always been the one who attended to her needs. He is doing this as a sign of gratitude for the kind Queen who let him stay in their kingdom.

Koyama was a survivor from the Emerald kingdom as well but before the plague started, he was able to escape because of his elder sister’s instruction which is actually a friend of the queen. Unfortunately, his sister died since she was a servant at the town and had no choice but to stay no matter what happens. The queen took good care of him and let him stay in the castle and get education as well and as his way of giving back to their kindness, he volunteered himself to be Kazuko’s personal butler. His past was a secret only between him, the queen, the king and some members of the elders in the kingdom.

“Not again…” Koyama snapped out of his thoughts as he heard the grunts of the princess.

“The one who should say that is supposed to be me right?! Here, I prepared a breakfast for you. =How are you feeling right now?” Koyama said as he was carrying the princess bridal style; his left hand supporting her and his right hand fixing the bed’s sheets. He can do it properly since Kazu’s hands are wrapped around his neck. It is like an SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for them whenever this happens.

“Are you feeling better now?” Koyama asked as soon as Kazu was able to sit on her bed again with her back placed at the backrest while Koyama placed the tray in front of her.

“Breakfast in bed… I feel like I am a really sick person today.” Kazu said while staring at the food in front of her. She only gets breakfast in bed when she is sick.

“Well, I still do hope that you will answer my question.” Koyama said as he stared at Kazu. He knows what she is thinking and Koyama sure doesn’t want to lose.

“Well, better now.” Kazu said as she started eating her pancakes with fresh raspberries on top.

“You know, you really need to improve your skills in keeping secrets from me. It will make you feel better if you will spill it all up. Or maybe, we will have extra lessons for that?” Koyama jokingly said but Kazu knew he was actually serious about it.

“Very well then; I am bothered over something.” Kazu placed her fork aside and took a sip from her orange juice before saying things.

“I see. What bothers you though?” Koyama asked.

“That pain… it is as if it came together with the wind. Well, I know that this sounds a bit absurd or I guess I am just looking for something to blame. Another thing was this strange dream. I felt like I was in space and that there was this figure in front of me who is sort of extending his hands for me to reach.” Kazu said while still holding on to her glass of orange juice.

“What does this guy look like?” Koyama asked as he took the empty glass away from Kazu and refilled it.

“Are you jealous?” Kazu teasingly said while Koyama is returning her now full glass yet he did not say a word.

“Well, I don’t see it clearly since all I can see is a figure of him. What is bothering me is the thing that he says and my reaction in that dream. I felt like I was running away from him though the “me” in that dream knows that he is not an enemy neither will he do me harm. I just felt that it was intriguing. Then the next thing I knew is that my face is kissing the floor again.” Kazu said as she took another bite from her pancake.

“Maybe those are because of the sedatives the doctors injected to you yesterday so that they can put you into sleep since that will be the best way to keep you from the pain. Well, considering that, you will have a dayoff from your training and your studies for this day.” Koyama said and made Kazu really happy.

“BUT, we will not be having shopping for today. Consider this a free day only.” As soon as Kazu heard it, her smile was quickly washed off from her face.

“Well, I guess that is not that bad after all.” Kazu said as she returned to her sleep.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Human Kingdom]

Shizu heard the chirping of the birds and felt the warm rays of the sun touching her cheeks. She slowly opened her eyes and was surprised to see Keito sleeping soundly with his head lying on her side.

“Looks like he was really tired…” Shizu thought and decided to sit and rest her back on the backrest.

“Shizu! How are you?” Shizu’s movement woke Keito. He quickly assisted Shizu as he fluffed the pillows behind Shizu.

“I have heard the story from Yuri. I am sorry if it took me a while before I was able to come back. Anyway, does it still hurt? Are you hungry or anything?” Keito asked and clearly he was worried about it. Shizu is enjoying it and is also feeling a little guilty about it. She knows that Keito had always been close to her and she feels secured when with him. He is very thoughtful and caring and he was the first person whom she had opened up to. They have been really good friends. Shizu had always thought of Keito as a great big brother and the he treats her like his little sister as well. No malice, just a pure and genuine love for each other. That is how she sees things.

“I am ok. What took you so long anyway?” Shizu asked full of curiosity in her eyes. She looked at Keito and saw him with some scratches on his arms and face and some bruises as well. Even the smallest detail was caught by her eyes.

“I was a little lost. I bumped into several things and some kind of adventure, I should say. It is a long story and it might only bore you. Besides, you know that I am not a good story-teller right?!” Keito said as he smiled and laughed at the end.

“Here, I was picking those up when you suddenly disappeared. I hope you like it. You know, you really made me worried.” Keito said as he took a bunch of flowers on the desk and gave it to Shizu.

“Sorry Keito.” She said as she felt her tears running down her cheeks. She felt guilty for making him worry too much and she felt responsible for those bruises. Who knows what really happened to Keito on the way. Maybe if she was not selfish enough that time, maybe Keito will not be hurt, tired and lost.

Seeing tears running down from Shizu’s face, Keito almost panicked. He hates to see his friend cry. He gently held on her face and wiped those tears with his hand.

“Shizu?! Why are you crying?” Keito asked worriedly as he moved his face closer to her. Shizu cannot answer since she was really crying hard. Keito then hugged her and placed her head on to his chest making her hear his heartbeat.

“Don’t cry Shizu… everything is going to be alright.” Keito said as he brushed his hand on her hair.

After a while, Shizu felt relaxed and slowly, she fell asleep while still holding the flowers Keito gave her. Keito noticed that she was asleep again and helped her position herself to sleep.

What Keito didn’t know was that, Yuri was peeking at door slowly feeling his heart torn into pieces.

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Why are the Princesses’ dreams similar with each other?

What is it that Tsubasa knows?

What will Chinen do?

What happened to Riki and Kurumi?

What will happen next?

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡
Hello everyone! A little author’s note here xD (which turned out to be quite long xD)

Mou, It has been a while since the last time I updated ne ^_^ I really would have wanted to post at least two updates per month but I guess it is really difficult because of school and organizations and not to mention the fact that I am also quite a lazy person ne! *Forgive me for that Y_Y*. Also, I actually wanted this chapter to be posted on my birthday as like… a little birthday present from me to you but I failed because of all the paper works that has to be done.

It has been raining non-stop here and it really makes me feel a little gloomy and depressed but it gave me time to make an update ne! Since our classes are suspended for like, almost a week already. It is a great opportunity for me to write one ne!

For those who are curious and noticed my behavior on my last update, yes, I was really depressed and was in the verge of breaking down during my last update because of all the stuff happening around and if ever some of you were worried, I am sorry about it. Well, I feel better now compared to how I was last time ne ^_^v Maybe, I can actually say that I have moved on a little since I can forget some details why I did breakdown… They say that a person really has moved on when they forgot the reason why they were in pain.

To be fairly honest, I want to thank those people who still are commenting ne. You know who you guys are ^_~. Your comments serves as my booster to keep on writing and it was sad to see that some of the OC’s are not dropping by anymore. Well, I understand that we are all busy but a short message can go a long way. Just for me to know if you are still reading it. I don’t know if you guys received it but I sent a mail on the addresses you gave at the application form since maybe some of you think that this story is dead :D well, it still has a long way to go ne ^_^ and hopefully you guys can stick with me until the end.

I understand that there are a lot of confusing details in this story so don’t hesitate to ask ne ^_^ I am pleased to answer your questions ne xD

There is another thing that I want to point out to you guys. THERE WAS A MISTAKE IN CHAPTER 19. I was actually waiting for someone to notice it ne to just test you guys but, I will be pointing it out now. Well, it started with Hikaru’s POV right?! And he actually said that he was afraid to have classes under SIRE RYO which technically means Nishikido Ryo right?! That is quite impossible since Sire Ryo is actually Daiki’s teacher right?! Haha!!! Hikaru should have said Sire Shige and not Ryo. Well, I was a bit confused that time as well and noticed things when I re read it. I decided to let it stay there to see if there will be someone who can point it out to me ne xP No one did but, I think it is understandable since there are a lot of characters involved and it really is confusing at times.

I also noticed that a lot of you are wondering about why Kota agreed to sleep on Rina's bedroom and why he seems to be ok with it. Remember when Rina woke up *in chapter 17* the queen wanted to talk to Kota about something right?! The queen actually instructed Kota to sleep in Rina's chamber that time and as a Prince, the moment he knew that Rina is his fiance, he somehow prepared himself about that moment so it was somehow ok for him. Though, he is also still in the stage of adjustment.

I actually planned to include all the Princesses in this chapter but I am afraid to stress you all with too much info on a single chapter. Hopefully I can update soon and most probably, the next one will also include the twins xD Do you miss them?! Hahaha!! I do! ^_^v

Sorry if this author’s note was kind of long since I guess you guys also have the right to know this ne ^_^

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Did you know that: Men loose about 40 hairs a day. Women loose about 70 hairs a day.