☯ Worries

Customary Tradition

 

[Daiki’s POV]

After a long sleep, here I am studying in my study room and the room I hate the most. I thought all along that if I am already the king, studying is not necessary anymore since I will be devoting my whole life and time into attending the matters of the kingdom. Well, I was obviously wrong about the studying part and regarding the issues and concerns about the kingdom, it is literally pushing me at my limit!

Things would have been easier and I could have easily sneaked out studying if only my mentor is not like him. Sir Ryo has always been a strict one even with my brothers but I think he favors me the most since he loves torturing me in all possible ways he can actually think of. He is always looking intently at me and like I am always having plans on escaping. Studying with him is like having a cup of tea with a death god!

With all these studying I began to worry and think about the ‘kids’ in the castle. I mean, does the Ryutaro the Young Sage even study and does Priestess Rena even read these books! I feel like life is unfair and I seriously cannot concentrate now while looking at all these odd figures in front of me.

“Young King, you seemed to be distracted over something. I want you to give your full attention on what you are currently reading. You must know all the possible ways and routes of the different kingdoms. It will be really beneficial on your journeys once you’ve started conquering all the nations.” My mind was flying and soaring like a hawk when Sir Ryo mentioned these things. I don’t despise geography it is just that I don’t find it amusing enough to remember.  I must give a good and reasonable answer to my mentor or else I will be roast meat.

 I am just worried about the whereabouts and conditions of my brothers. I am also in deep thought since I am somehow threatened by the current existence of the Demon Kingdom’s twins. I am sure it will be having a great deal of effect on our current situation and I want to use this news as to our advantage.”

I honestly don’t know what to say now that would somehow be of a good excuse to him. If I tell him that I am completely insane in all the things I am seeing now then I don’t think I will still be alive at the moment. I really do think about that though just that, not at this very moment.

“Your majesty, I am sorry to interrupt but I have important news regarding Prince Ryosuke.” A soldier said after entering the room. They are all aware that Sir Ryo is not fond of people disrupting classes but I gave them an order to tell me immediately if they have received news regarding my brothers and not to mention that I really need an excuse today. I really think that this soldier just saved the hell out of me today.

“What is it?” it was Sir Ryo who asked the soldier and with his scary look the soldier somehow became nervous and looked at me instead.

“Sir Nishikido, Your majesty, our scouts have received news that Prince Ryosuke is already on his way back to the castle grounds. He already is in the kingdoms area of responsibility and he will be here any minute now.” The soldier politely said with his head bowed down.

“So, I assume that he is riding Aki.” I said with a big smile on my face. If he is mounted on Aki, then he might be here any minute now! I need to hurry and I want to personally welcome my brother!

“Yes your majesty, and he is in good condition.” The soldier then replied.

“Very well then, I will personally welcome him by the gates. Tell the maids to prepare my brother’s favorite meals; not that grandiose though since he wants things simple. A strawberry themed course will be fine I guess… by the way, any news regarding Prince Keito?” I asked.

“I am sorry your majesty but the scout and the Intel I have received only concerns Prince Ryosuke. I still don’t have information regarding General Keito. Forgive me your majesty. Are there any more orders from you my king?”  The soldier asked with his head still down.

I forgot that Keito is not merely a Prince since he prefers to be known as a general and not as a Prince. I always forget that.

“Please inform Prince Yuri about Ryosuke’s arrival as well and inform me immediately if there are any news regarding General Keito’s condition.” I said as I give my final orders.

“Please excuse me your majesty.” The soldier said as he exited the room and then I stood up.

“Your majesty, you are still not finished on your study hours.” Sir Ryo is really consistent with this and I somehow expected him to say that already.

“Sir Ryo, I don’t think I will be able to study properly with all these thoughts bugging me. I need to meet my brother and I want to personally welcome him back. I also need to hear his reports regarding his journey and if he was successful in convincing the small towns on their pledge of alliance to the Human Kingdom. I want to act as bold as possible before the Demons do theirs.” I said as I looked intently in his eyes. I am completely worried now and every second entices my curiosity. I wonder how Ryosuke’s journey did… was it ok? Was it a success?

Knowing that he is mounted on Aki only means one thing… he will be here any minute now. His pet is a wolf with a gift of speed… now that I remember Aki, I guess I must also check on Haru as well or, maybe later… I don’t think I will still have ample time.

I immediately proceeded to the front door of the castle getting ready to welcome Ryosuke. He was out in a mission to negotiate alliance with Ruby Kingdom. He is one of our greatest negotiators and I asked him to go to Ruby kingdom knowing that among all the gem kingdoms, they are the one who will most probably end up signing alliance to the demon kingdom. I wonder what happened to his trip.

Not long after, I saw a light orange wolf running towards the gate at great speed and mounted on it is no other than Ryosuke himself.

As soon as he stepped down on his pet, without a word, I gave him a tight hug.

“Oy! Daiki, I am not a kid anymore you know. Quit the hug… it is kind of embarrassing…” He still never changes… he blushed in embarrassment while I was hugging him. I still am worried though about how things went. Being the king of this kingdom made me a little more paranoid about stuff and I just hope he will not notice it.

“If you are hoping that I will not notice you being overly paranoid and worried about stuff, you are definitely wrong and I guess you will have to take lessons on looking more reserved and calm. People can easily read you you know….” He said with his ever familiar killer smirk. I can never escape his ability on observing me… he knows me too much.

“Since you are completely aware about my thoughts and what I am feeling right now, I guess it will not be too awkward if I will be asking you how the negotiations went…” I asked as straightforward as I can since I am really in desperate need of answers and I don’t think there is still a point of me beating around the bush.

“I am sorry brother but it didn’t go well as planned. They didn’t even consider our tremendous offers for them. I guess it will be really difficult to gain their pledge of alliance… not to mention the conditions they are setting which I think is really impossible.” He said while letting out a big sigh as he feeds Aki some food which is kind of unusual to see on Ryosuke... I mean him being a little frustrated and disappointed.

“Conditions? How great are those that will make Ryosuke Yamada this distressed?” I asked with such a grandiose tone in me like I am professing it to the world…

“They want me to impress their daughter… the Princess… Numa Mai.” He said and now with a big pout on his face. He looks so adorable that I just cannot resist admiring it and ended up pinching his fluffy cheeks.

“Pardon me my dear brother but impressing girls? I don’t think that will be a difficult task for you since even if you are quite shy on dealing with girls, you just have this charm that acts like a magnet and attracts the fairest maidens here in our kingdom! What great of a challenge is impressing a princess for someone of your caliber?” I asked with all the praise since they are actually true and there is no denying to it.

“How can I impress someone who is missing and is yet to be found?” he said after taking my hands off of his cheeks. “Now tell me how am I going to do it? That is the reason why I decided to get back here to take a rest and to concentrate on other matters since it is clear that they are only making reasons so that they will not pledge alliance on our kingdom. They have always been loyal to the Demon Tribe. Wasting time on them is not my business. Especially now that the Demon Twins have arrived.” He said as he gave me an intent look.

“So it has reached you as well. News really spreads fast. Now we have to deal with this news and make sure that this will not cause panic to our allies.” I said as he just smirked.

“You are worrying so much and it is not really healthy. By the way, how is Keito doing? Any news about his mission? And Yuri? I hope he didn’t make anything again that made the castle explode or something of the like…” he said as he changed the topic.

“I still don’t have any reports regarding Keito’s condition and apparently, I am still waiting for it. Regarding Yuri, well, he has been staying in his lab doing all these research and so far no major damages on the castle has been done and I should say it is a miracle though I wonder what it is that he is up to. I hope he is not thinking again of flying mechanisms to match the Demon Kingdoms skeletons since I don’t know what to do if he injures himself again.” I said while worrying like a freak. We were at that part of the conversation when we heard someone shouting out loud calling out our names. It was a familiar voice and it was the voice I really don’t want to hear coming from the top of one of the towers.

“Ryosuke! Welcome back!!! Daiki! Look here and take a look of my latest invention! I hope this will work out!” it was Yuri standing at one of our towers with some weird device attached at his back like wings and with the looks of it, I think he has plans of flying… again! I just hope this will really work and that he will not hurt himself.

“Any plans on stopping him Daiki?” Ryosuke said while we are both stunned on our positions looking to where our brother is currently standing at who is about to perform a death defying move.

“You know how excited he is whenever he invents something and try it out so stopping him and trying to convince him will be pointless. Let us just hope he also thought of a good landing.” I said.

“If not? Then any alternative plans?” he said with a very plain tone like he is already so used to it.

“Then, we will have your dear Aki ready to catch him and I will be summoning my dear Haru to be there as well. I also don’t think Natsu will just let his owner fall.”I said as I pointed at Natsu, Yuri’s pet Eagle who is just beside him as if preparing itself for further disasters.

“All set! Taking off in 5…4…3…2… fly!” Yuri said as he ran off and jumped off the tower…

[End of Daiki’s POV]

[Meanwhile at the RUBY KINGDOM]

“They are really persistent on us sign for alliance for the Main Human Kingdom. They want to gain supremacy by having all the gem kingdoms. As if I will let them have our approval. We will remain loyal to the Demon Kingdom and it will never change.” The King said as he was pissed off by the bold actions of the Human kingdom as they keep on sending different negotiators on their pledge of allegiance with the last one being one of the Prince Himself, Ryosuke Yamada.

“Of course they will be extra vigilant and on the move because of different threats. The new king is still too young and I guess he is worried about the current status of the kingdom, especially now that the Demon Princess and the Demon Prince are already here. “the queen said as she tries to calm her husband who is definitely annoyed.

“They even resorted to bribing us! Do they really think we are such lowly creatures! That is just so absurd! By the way, where is your daughter again?” the king asked as he suddenly remembered and wondered where his daughter might have been again.

“As usual, she is out of the castle. Maybe out in the woods or in the market place. You know we can never really contain her here in the castle.” The queen answered as if she is totally used to such situation.

“Oh well. I don’t think we should worry too much though. I will be heading to my room for a while. I feel like I needed to rest for a bit. That boy sure stressed me.” The king said as he stood up and went to his room to rest.

Meanwhile….

A beautiful and cheerful green-eyed girl is doing her everyday routine at the market place. She likes staying there looking at all the new stuff they have to offer and greeting everyone. Not everyone knows that she is the princess though since she likes to keep things simple.

She is also a girl fund of adventure and usually heads to the woods to practice archery with her bow and arrow and to see different kinds of animals. Her name is Mai Numa and usually known as Mimooh. She also always has her Penguin pet with her.

She is on her way to her favorite lake and takes her usual path. Without her knowing are the presence of other people observing her every move.

[At the DEMON KINGDOM]

[Yuto’s POV]

We are here again walking and following a soldier to where General Jun and his daughter is. I was really surprised to know that he has a daughter and I wonder how she looks like and what she is like ne. during our stay here, all I’ve seen are beautiful boys which definitely caught ne-san’s attention and I think it is not fair since I also want to see some beautiful maidens!!

I am wondering why Jun’s daughter wants to meet us and I remember the soldier specifically stating that she wants the presence of my sister. Is it regarding her healing powers?

I was so engrossed in thinking that I didn’t noticed a post in front of me and the next thing I felt is pain

“Ni-chan! Are you alright?” Rina asked me not with a worried expression on her face since I can clearly see her holding out a burst of laughter.

“I am… I guess. I still am in one piece.” I said as I was embarrassed since all of them are looking at me. They might be thinking, something like *what a stupid guy not being able to notice a big post in front of him.* whew!

“ Your soul is flying ni-chan…” Rina said as she offered me a hand and helped me stand. I was about to take it off but she just tightened her grip and I understand what it meant.

“Ne-chan! I am not a kid anymore! This is unnecessary!” I said as I let go of a pout.

“I will never let go of it until your soul is back on your body.” She said as she let go of a creepy smile. She seriously is scary at times.

I can see the weird expressions on their faces yet chose to ignore it for my survival. I felt like a lost kid and finally we get to reach the place and saw a tent with General Jun waiting outside.

We stopped in front of the tent and General Jun gave us a bow and took a peek in the tent as if signaling someone to go out. That must be his daughter.

I was struggling to take my grip off my pesky sister’s hand when a girl caught my attention.

She has this chocolate brown eyes and her hair in a neat ponytail. She is also wearing a military type dress with her tonfas secured on each side of her hips. She looked unto us and began introducing herself.

“Welcome to the Demon Kingdom Your Hignesses. I am Kaori Suzuhara, General Jun’s daughter and am currently an officer of the Healer Tribe. I have heard about Princess Rina’s special ability of healing and I would like to ask for her assistance on healing one of my comrades. I am sorry for bothering you this much.” She said as she bowed in front of us.

“Nice to meet you Kaori! I am a bit confused though, you said you are General Jun’s daughter but your last name is Suzuhara… if memory serves me right, General Jun’s last name is Matsumoto right?” I asked as I was confused.

“I am amazed by your keen observation your majesty, I am General Jun’s adopted daughter. That’s why I carry a different surname. I am sorry for confusing you.” She said as she let out a smile.

“Is your comrade’s condition that bad that you are so worried? I don’t want to sound rude but I don’t think you don’t need my help since you are already an officer of the healing tribe. Is there still anything I can do to help?” Rina asked as I was shocked to hear those words from her, though she has a point there.

“My comrade is poisoned by an unknown type of poison on our way here. We were ambushed while we were delivering the caravan for the supplies from the neighboring kingdom.  I heard that you can heal people and I thought you can heal my comrade as well.” She said and I can see desperation in her eyes.

“I will see what I can do to help. I am still not used to using this skill so I hope I don’t disappoint you.” That was all that Rina said.

Yamapi went to talk to General Jun about the details of the incident regarding the ambush. Head teacher Shigeaki together with Prince Yuya and Prince Hikaru went with us inside the tent. Kei and Yui went to see the queen again to discuss some matters.

As we entered the tent we saw a beautiful lady with a long brown hair and I can sense that she is in pain as I saw her sweating profusely. I also saw a bandage on her right knee and gave me the idea that this is where she was struck. She is really beautiful but I feel something not right about her.

“Wow! She is beautiful.” I said and this comment made the others look at me weirdly except for Rina who nodded in agreement.

“Gwahahahaha!!!! This is really really funny! Excuse me but I just cannot hold it in! if only you know! Ahahaha!!!! Seriously! Ahaha! I am really sorry but this is too funny for me to handle.” Hikaru burst into laughter and holds on to his belly while rolling on the ground laughing. I mean, almost literally. He is even patting the floor and is almost crying laughing. I wonder if I said anything wrong.

I also noticed Yuya bowing his head and chuckled a bit while Head Teacher Shige is doing a face palm and a little chuckle from Kaori as well.

With all these confusing me again, I turned my attention on to Rina who hold on to the wounded area as she closed her eyes and did the same thing she did to Kota a while ago. Not long enough, the profuse sweating stopped and the patient seems to be more comfortable.

The next thing that happened shocked me and Rina. Now I understand their weird reactions. Please take back what I just said a while ago.

 

 ===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Will Yuri’s invention be a success?

Who are those people observing and following Mai?

Who is that beautiful lady and why did Hikaru reacted that way?

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Minna!! I am so sorry if it took me almost a month before I got to post an update T_T Hontou ni Gomenasai! But, since it is my Christmas Vacation, I will try to post as much as I can ne!! I am really sorry again T_T School has been torturing me and I still have tons of homework and projects even now that it is my Christmas Break but I’ll try to make it up to you all!

Replies to comments will be tomorrow since I really need to sleep now ^_____^

Comments are ♥

さとみ ♥

 

(Did you know that:  Fear of beautiful women is known as Caligynephobia.)