☯ Side Effects

Customary Tradition

 

[Hikaru’s Pov]

The prince and the princess really never fail to amuse me with their judgments and their opinions and almost everything they do is a surprise for me! I know I should act all prim and proper in front of them and somehow be a good model in acting like a royalty but that scene back at the tent was just so hilarious and I just cannot hold myself back from my laughter! Even the look on Yuya and Head teacher Shige’s face was priceless! I wonder how they would react once they got to know the truth… ahahaha! I just can’t breathe and can’t stop laughing right now but I guess it will be best to go back to the tent to see their faces for the revelation! This will be awesome!

[End of Hikaru’s Pov]

Rina is still holding on to the patient’s hand while trying to concentrate. This takes more time than the one she did with Prince Kota. She cannot help but be distracted because of her curiosity regarding the reactions of the others on Yuto’s compliment.

[Rina’s POV]

I know that I should be focusing here but there is really something weird with this patient. She looks really beautiful but she has a profile of being a man. Maybe closing my eyes will help me concentrate more and be less distracted. Her hands are well built as if trained to hold a sword. But here I guess even ladies are training. I just hope that Yuto didn’t get himself again into another eerie customary tradition here but, what if he did?! I don’t think we can bear much more.

“Your Highness! Thank you!” was all I heard and I decided to open my eyes and was bewildered with what I saw!

The beautiful lady suddenly transformed into… into… A MAN!!

He carefully sat and took the wig off and ed his dress revealing the upper half of his body and showing off his muscles and abs! I just can’t believe I called this man beautiful… no, I can’t believe I saw a man who can instigate my hidden inferiorities and insecurities as a girl.

“Please take back what I just said a while ago” was what ni-chan said and again, I nodded in agreement.

We then heard a familiar laugh… it was Hikaru who really is amused at how everyone in the tent reacted. I somehow became a little curious at how we would probably look like. Geez! That was embarrassing. My deductions and profiling failed epically.

“What is happening here? I am sorry I had to take my dress off… it is a little hot in here and the ruffles on the dress is a little itchy.” He said as he smiled and he looks like an angel to me… a male one now. I once again remembered the thought… why am I always seeing such adorable looking people in here!!!

“It is a good thing you are safe. I am sorry if I was a burden to you again. If you didn’t catch the poisoned arrow, your life wouldn’t have been in danger. We are blessed by the presence of the Princess who just saved your life.” Kaori said as she beamed with happiness and relief and a little hint of guilt as well. I understand her in a way but I don’t think I deserve all those praises.

“What! This lady here is the Princess!! You mean THE Demon Princess!” he said as he looked at me in disbelief and draw his face closer to mine as if examining even my soul. God I hope he doesn’t see me blush now! I mean, a gorgeous looking man with his face only almost two inches away from mine!

“Oy Tego! Not too close to her face! She is already as red as a tomato. Besides, she is already my fiancé.” Hey, that was a familiar voice. I looked to where the voice came from and saw bamboo, I mean, PRINCE Kota Yabu. Anyways, Bamboo and Yabu… they sort of rhyme right? Perfect fit.

“Yes she is and here is the Prince too. They looked exactly like how it is written in the prophecy. Amazing isn’t it?! But I wasn’t aware that the Princess is already Kota’s fiancé. How did that happen?” Kaori said as she also introduced my brother and had a weird look darted on Kota.

“She slapped me. It all happened yesterday and believe me, it was a nightmare.” He said with his usual arrogant tone. He is lucky that I am not that hungry anymore for if I was, there will be another world war here.

“I am sorry about that. Please allow me to introduce myself; I am Tegoshi Yuya and an officer serving the Demon Kingdom. I am also the greatest con artist here. I hope you didn’t mistakenly take me as a lady a while ago. And thank you your highness for saving my life.” He said as he took my hand and kissed it!

I now feel like a real lady and a princess here.

Yuto took my hand with a “not-that-thing” look darted on Mr. Tegoshi and a “get-back-to-yourself” look on me.

“Wait, if you are Yuya and he is Yuya then how can I address you?” Ni-chan asked.  Now that he has mentioned it, he has a point.

“Please call me Tego to avoid confusion, Your Highness.” He said as he bowed in front of us.

“Call me Yuto then and my sister Rina. Nice to meet you Tego!” Ni-chan said as he gave him a warm smile.”

“I am sorry to disturb the new meeting moment but it is now time for lunch. The queen is already waiting at the banquet hall together with the Oracle and the Great Wise Man. I think we should head there now. Are you going to join us Kaori?” it was now head teacher Shige who spoke. He wasn’t speaking and talking that much for a while that I honestly forget his presence here. 

“I guess those are the words you’ve been waiting to hear for ages ne ne-chan!” Yuto said as he teased me. He knows that food is my weakness. And this remark gained some chuckles from the people around.

“Thank you Sir Shige for the offer but I will still need to do some duties.” Kaori said as she packed her medicine kit.

“That means you are not going to join us? Well then, I am looking forward to dining with you ne!” Ni-chan said as he gave out his killer smile to Kaori. Geez, I feel a pink aura beaming around my brother.

“Thanks! Now if you will all excuse me. Owh and by the way Tego, I advise you to drink these medicines and to take ample rest ok! That’s all.” She said as she bid her goodbye.

“Now let us all head to the Banquet hall!” it was Hikaru who made the remark and left the tent together with Yuya and head teacher Shige.

“Well then, I guess we will have to leave you.” I looked at Tego and also bid my goodbye. I saw Yuto running off following Hikaru and Yuya and Head Teacher Shige.

I stood up and felt a little weird. Maybe because I sat too long and there are little blood clots on my legs.

I was looking for Yuto and saw him a little far away from me so I decided to walk a little fast.

As soon as I got out of the tent, the sudden bright rays of the sun blinded me and that made me cover my eyes but I felt a little dizzy yet continued walking. I felt like I just walk up and am a little groggy but I don’t like this feeling.

I stopped for a second and decided to walk again but this time, my head hurts like it was just banged on a wall and like it has a lot of air in it. As I opened my eyes and saw Yuto far from me, I decided to shout his name but no voice came out of me and I felt like I drifted into another universe again.

[End of Rina’s POV]

Kota was leaning outside of the tent as Head Teacher Shige asked him to wait for Princess Rina. He knows what the Head Teacher meant and that he must start acting nice towards her but he was confused as he saw Rina walked a little weird.

She looks like a drunken man walking while covering her eyes.

“She must be blinded by the sudden exposure to sunlight. She’ll walk normally after a while but, do I really need to do this?” Kota mumbled to himself as he decided to start walking as well when he noticed Rina stopped for a while. She took a step and stretched out her hand as if calling out for someone when she suddenly collapsed and fell to the ground.

“Oy!” Prince Kota shouted as he ran towards the unconscious princess and made the others look back at them and saw all of them I shock.

Kota carried Rina bridal style and started heading to the Princess’s room.

“Yuya, call Kaori and tell her that the Princess is unconscious and proceed immediately to the Princess room for treatment, Hikaru, go to the queen and explain to her the situation and tell her we might not be able to attend lunch at the banquet hall.” Head Teacher Shige commanded while Yuto and Kota are running to the Princess’s room.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Human Kingdom]

“All set! Taking off in 5…4…3…2… fly!” Yuri said as he ran off and jumped off the tower…

Unfortunately, the take off speed was not enough and the wind was blowing strong… in other words, Yuri once again failed on his flying mechanism experiment and is now rocketing towards the ground.

Good thing Natsu, Yuri’s Eagle was able to take a grip on his shoulders which slowed his fall but his weigh plus the strong gravitational pull is too much for Natsu to handle. Good thing Aki, Ryosuke’s wolf was there and Haru, Daiki’s tiger was able to catch Yuri.

Daiki and Ryosuke ran towards Yuri who is trying to stand up while thanking Haru, Natsu and Aki who were always there to catch him whenever he does his stunt.

“I was not able to do the experiment since Ryosuke is gone. Aki won’t be able to catch me. I also missed Keito and his Hawk Fuyu… I wonder how they are doing. Any news about them brother Daiki?” Yuri asked Daiki and saw him with a faint smile and Yuri already understood what it all meant.

“Well then, maybe there is something wrong again with my invention. I will start again from scratch!’ Yuri was looking intently at his invention when they heard a rumble.

“I know that you are really excited Yuri but maybe you can accomplish that after we give justice to my rumbling stomach. I’ve been travelling you know…” Ryosuke said as he was a little embarrassed with his rumbling stomach.

“Very well then! Let us hope that the dishes are ready by now. They will be serving us a strawberry themed course since you are coming.” Daiki said as he ruffled his brothers’ hairs.

“That’s great! What are we waiting for!!” Ryosuke said with Daiki placing his right arm over his shoulder and the other arm on Yuri’s.

“You really are a strawberry maniac you know! Did you know that a strawberry has, on average, 200 seeds!!! Yet you eat them!” Yuri said as he teases Ryosuke.

“Some things really will never change I guess…” Daiki said with a smile in his face as they have always been that way since they were young.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Ruby Kingdom]

The sunset serves as Mai’s hint that she must return back to the castle and be ready for dinner. She can already call it a day after her talks with the townsmen. It has always been a helpful thing since she is gathering information in a way and she can report some concerns of the people directly to the king which is a great help to the kingdom. Yet despite her efforts, she still doesn’t feel that love and affection she wants from her parents. Yet, she is somehow used to it.

“I’m back!” she shouted as she entered the castle doors.

“Welcome back, Princess Mai. How was your day?” it was her personal attendant, Tsubasa Hotori also known as Tsu-chan, who greeted her. She has not only been an attendant to her but also her confidante and friend since they were friends since they were little kids and since they are of the same age.

“Nothing extraordinary today... How is father’s mood? He has been quite irritated these past few days, what is the matter with him?” Mai asked Tsu since she knows that her father is usually a jolly person so seeing him quite irritated is a little unusual.

“It is because of the Main Human Kingdom who wants our Kingdom to pledge an allegiance to them. They have sent many envoys for the past few days and was really irritated since yesterday, Prince Yamada Ryosuke personally came to negotiate.” Ahh… he was soo good looking! If only you saw him!” Tsu said with her eyes beaming in amusement while reminiscing that moment she laid eyes on that young Prince.

“Yes, I have heard that he is quite popular to the young maidens of the kingdom yet there are also rumors that he is a little shy towards girls though. If I am not mistaken, he is considered to be one of the greatest negotiators of the Human Kingdom? Why is father irritated so much?” Mai asked at her friend who seems to have her soul in wonderland now.

“Huh?! What was it again? Sorry if I am not paying too much attention… ahaha!” Tsu-chan said while sticking her tongue out which made Mai laugh instead…

“I know that your soul is wondering in another dimension. I said, why is father irritated that much?” Mai asked as she emphasized the words on her question making sure that Tsu will get it this time since she is too lazy to repeat things.

“I think because of their offers? It seems like the king is somehow insulted and he even gave the Prince a condition. Well, to save you from the bother of asking, I will say it since I can sense that you are going to ask it anyways. The king said that he wants the Prince to impress you, the Princess and well, when the Prince asked about your whereabouts, the king said that you are missing. This made the Prince think twice and decided to leave since I guess they are aware that Ruby Kingdom is loyal to the Demon Tribe., especially now that the Demon Prince and Princess are already here. Wait, am I talking too fast? Am I making sense here or am I talking too much?” Tsu-chan narrated nonstop together with all the facial expressions. She really never fails to amuse Mai.

“Wait, so my father basically lied to the Prince by telling him that I am missing just to make him go away? That was harsh.” Mai said as she took the opportunity to talk since Tsu stopped for a while.

“I don’t think it was a lie. Maybe the Prince merely misunderstood what your father said since whenever he says that you are “missing” it only means that you are out again and he is somehow used to the term and the people in the castle already understands it. Maybe the poor, good looking, prince thought that you are “missing” as in somewhere far wherein you can’t find your way back home.” Tsu explained as it enlightened Mai.

“I understand. Anyways, let us not talk about it anymore. Why don’t we have our dinner already? It has been a tiring day for me and there are some concerns that I need to report to my father.” She said as she felt her stomach grumbling now.

“Ow my! I forgot that your parents are already waiting for you at the dining area! I am so sorry!!” Tsu-chan said as she again stuck her tongue out and made Mai ran towards the dining area.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Some other place]

Inside a dark cave resides a comfortable home-like place that serves like a headquarters of some sort. In it is an altar and some people talking.

“Looks like they are all starting to make their move… I wonder when we will be doing our jobs as well. It has been a while since we were last given a mission.” A girl said as her deep purple eyes were darted on the person she is with.

“Are you already bored on observing them all? To be honest, I am quite enjoying it. I think seeing them is fun… let us wait for his further instructions.” Her hazel eyed friend answered.

“Very well then, I don’t think he will be happy to see us move without his approval.” the purple eyed girl replied.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

What happened to Rina?

Where is Keito?

Who are those ladies talking in the cave and what are they talking about?

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

I hope you guys will like this chapter! So far there are only a few chosen characters were mentioned. As I have said, please be patient since the characters will be slowly incorporated in the story ne! ^_^

Again if there are any question, clarification and suggestion, please don’t hesitate to ask ^_^

 

Comments are ♥

Satomi-chan ♥

(Did you know that: The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot.)

(Did you know that: Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history.

Spades - King David

Clubs - Alexander the Great

Hearts - Charlemagne

Diamonds - Julius Caesar.)