☯ Diamond and Jade Kingdom

Customary Tradition

 

[Diamond Kingdom]

It is another wonderful day to begin with. Lights entered the Princess’ room as the servant opened the curtains for her. It is now time to wake up from her deep slumber. It is not that difficult to wake the princess up since she is very much disciplined and strictly follows schedule. She thinks that schedules must be observed for if not, what is the sense of making one anyway?!

“Good morning, Your Highness! Your father wishes to seek your audience for today’s breakfast.” The maid said as she bowed in front of the princess who is now getting up.

“What for?” She asked as her light green eyes saw light again and the sun’s rays showing off her really long, orange-brown hair, highlighting the two crimson streaks on the right side.   She always loves to ask things that bothers her. She is quite a curious person with a keen eye over details and she can be thought of as a perfectionist by others. Quite moody and unpredictable yet she is really a warm-hearted person.

“The King seems to be bothered over some issues and wants to discuss things with you. He is waiting for you at the dining hall.” The maid said as she handed over a glass of water to the princess. It has been the Princess’ habit to drink a glass of water after waking up to revitalize her internal organs and for it to function well for the day. The Princess is always sickly and health is an important issue to her.

“Very well then, please tell him to wait for a while. I am going to fix myself first. Tell him it won’t take long. We all know how impatient he is.” She said as she gave the empty glass to the maid and took the towel which was handed on to her.

As soon as she finished, she immediately proceeded in the dining hall. There she saw her father sitting and taking a sip of his favorite Ceylon Black Tea though it can be seen that he is quite disturbed over something because of the evident furrowing of his thick eyebrows.

“Aki! There you are! What took you so long?!” The King said as he saw his daughter come. He loves to discuss things with her daughter because he knows that their talk will always make sense. She is like a confidante to him and an adviser whom he can ask questions and advices to. Of course he has his court advisers and his wife but he always seemed to be amazed by his daughter’s ideas. Somehow, he is training her for the future. He has no male heirs and he is relying on his only daughter.

“You obviously seemed to be amazed to see me today. I can safely assume that there is something you need. What is it?” The princess asked as she sat on her chair. Her name is Akiko Komiyama, princess of Diamond Kingdom.

Diamond Kingdom is one of the influential gem kingdoms as it is called. They are known to be quite resistant on the Human Kingdom’s insistence for alliance on declaring war against the Demon Kingdom because of the incident that happened. They are resisting not because they don’t like the offer but because, they don’t need it. Of all the gem kingdoms, the Diamond kingdom is known to be the most stable of all because of the good governance by the rulers. They are not much of a risk-takers neither do they take sides. They can be considered to be the kingdom that plays “safe”.

The king only took a deep breath and gave a signal that means they should start eating. It was understood by Aki and took it as a yes. Her father is quite stubborn and would not like to openly admit that he is asking for her opinion. Something she somehow got from him since she is a person with a strong principle.

They started to eat and were quite silent for a while when Aki broke the silence off.

“Where is mother?” She asked without even taking her eyes off the food.

“She is not feeling very well today and decided to stay in her room. I asked the maids to deliver her favorite breakfast in her room.” The king answered also not diverting his attention away from his food.

“I see. Now, I hope you don’t mind putting down the stubborn act and start discussing things. I know you have a storm that clouds your mind.” She said as she finished her food and looked at her father.

“I was actually waiting for you to say that. Anyway, I want to know what you think about this situation. I know that you still remember the time that the Human kingdom sent some of their Earls to settle arrangements and alliance on the different gem Kingdoms right?” the king stopped for a while and took a sip from his tea.

“You mean the pact of alliance against the Demon Kingdoms. The only kingdoms who signed were the Jade Kingdom, who did it through settling marriage and the Amber Kingdom. Since Emerald Kingdom already collapsed, they will only pursue alliance with the three remaining Kingdoms, apparently that is Ruby Kingdom, Amethyst Kingdom and us, Diamond Kingdom.” Aki explained as the king listened intently.

“Exactly. Now let us consider the situation, Demon Kingdom’s “Royal Twins” arrived and are now in this land…” the king said as if starting to tell a story to a little girl.

“Those were only rumors right? It is still not confirmed.” Aki said though she also has her own thoughts regarding that issue.

“Yes but setting that aside and assuming that they are really here and that the news was true. What do you think will be Human Kingdom’s course of action? Should they start making bold and desperate measures or should the Demon Kingdom start making their move now?” The king asked as if giving a test to the princess.

“Honestly, I don’t think the Human Kingdom will go for desperate measures considering that they have their so called “Sage” and “Priestess” who were their ace. Going for bold measures will only show that they are incompetent and afraid about that petty prophecy. This will only lower their success rate on gaining alliance from the other gem kingdoms and most especially from us. Regarding your question on what course of action the Demon kingdom must do, I don’t think they should also do some bold actions. They have been, surprisingly, quiet during the previous years maybe because they are waiting for their own aces. They have only been defending their selves against the attacks of the Human Kingdom and even if they have the Twins with them, I don’t think it will instantly have a great effect on all of us and that for now, the best thing we can do is to observe, keep our stand and wait for the further actions of these kingdoms.” She said while fixing her stare on her father as if it examines his soul.

“Your inputs always make me think twice. I’ll consider your thoughts regarding this matter…” her father said as he looked back at his daughter.

“I don’t really think you need it since we don’t really need to panic. I am sorry but I need to go now father.” She said as she stood up from her seat.

“Why?!” her father curiously asked her.

“I have some training today.” She briefly said as she went out of the room and proceeds to the training grounds.

 

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Jade Kingdom]

It is another bright and a warm sunny day for the people of the Jade Kingdom.

The princess’ personal maid was about to proceed to her lady’s room to wake her up but to her surprise, the princess is already awake and is preparing herself for their travel later. This made the made smile since it is unusual to see the Princess wake up before she comes.

“My Lady, you seemed to be pretty early today!” the maid exclaimed and caught the attention of the princess.

“Of course. I don’t want my fiancé to keep waiting.” The princess said as she fixed her stare at her maid. Her small and slanted pair of sparkly blue eyes full of excitement and her thin lips curved in a smile paired with her long, silky, blue hair matching the vibrant colors of spring. She really loves the season and is notable for her taste of fashion. She even tends to have her hair’s color in accordance to the season. Blue for spring, Silver for winter, Pink for summer and Light orange for fall. She was also the reason why the pets of the Princes in the Human Kingdom are named after the four seasons. All thanks to her.

“You looked like you are really excited Lady KURUMI.” The maid said with an emphasis on KURUMI. Technically, that is her nickname yet she hates it when people address her that way because it reminds her of something about her past. The maid has been taking care of her since she was born and is like her second mother and she knows she cannot even be angry at her despite being teased.

“Please not today. You know how much I get irritated whenever I get to hear that nickname…” she said as the sparkle in her eyes suddenly disappeared with all her memories rushing back to her.

“Is it still because of Shota?” her maid said as she just let go of a big sigh.

“I just don’t want to talk about him right now. I should be happy to visit my best… I mean, fiancé.” She said as she faked a smile on her maid.

Her maid knew everything about her past relationship and why she feels this way now. She gave her a warm hug and made gave her a feeling of assurance.

“Princess  Shirika!! Princess Shirika!!” another servant outside exclaimed as she knocks through the doors of the Princess’ room.

“Come in.” Shirika said and saw a young lady panting and still catching up for her breath and regaining poise; looks like she ran and is in a hurry.

“Is there anything wrong?” Shirika asked as she became a little worried by the reaction of the servant. The servant beamed a smile as she slowly gained her poise and said…

“Your highness… your cousin… she is here!!”

“Which one?” Shirika asked considering that she has plenty of cousins.

“The Princess from the Amber Kingdom. The one with the teddy bear and a black cat I suppose…” the maid said as she was quite unsure about the details.

“Oh my! That is Shizuna! You mean, she is currently in the castle?!” Shirika asked the servant who is still thinking if she had described the girl properly.

“Yes, your highness. She is currently at the dining area now.” The servant said.

“Oh my! What a surprise. Please tell the people in the kitchen to prepare some hot chocolates for the both of us and some milk for her pet. For the breakfast, please serve us with some French toast with some bacon and eggs and also some chocolate panna cotta for her.” Shirika gave her orders to the servant and it quickly obeyed and exited the room.

“Ma, I hope you don’t mind fixing my things. You know what to do. Sorry if I cannot help you with it. I need to entertain my cousin. ” Shirika then turned to her maid as she usually calls her Ma when there is only the two of them around. The maid then just gave a little nod and watched her dear princess rush outside to greet her cousin Shizuna.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======


 

Chapter 14: [ Story so far

Since it has been a while since my last update and I know that you might have forgotten some of the details or how far the story has been and it will be painstaking if you will read it again from chapter 1 so, I will be giving a brief summary about the story so far… ^_^v

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

It all started when the ordinary lives of twins Yuto and Rina Nakajima was suddenly disrupted as they entered a medieval type of world with castles and monarchs ruling the land all in a very weird and unusual manner like being pushed into a fountain and being eaten by an ancient book all because of the will of The Great One. What made it worse is that the land is having problems due to the conflicts arising between the demon kingdom and the human kingdom. Here, demons looks like ordinary humans but has the special ability on controlling a special element and using magic while humans can control and have special animals with special abilities as their pet.

Being summoned into the special world is only the first part of their journey. Now they have to adjust themselves with the new environment. As they entered the world, they don’t know how to speak the language and was helped by a knight named Kamenashi Kazuya only to realize that they are about to be killed by the man who they thought saved them. Next thing they knew is that flying skeletons got them and brought them into a castle. There they were welcomed by General Yamaa Tomohisa (which they will later find out to be their God father) and a teacher (which is actually a skilled magician) named Shigeaki Kato.

They were informed that they are actually the awaited Prince and Princess of the Demon Tribe, which according to a certain prophecy, obtains great power which can either save or bring doom to the whole empire. Their mission is to find the Princesses of the different gem kingdoms who might be holding the keys to the mystical boxes in order to save the whole empire from all the destructive effects of the boxes. These keys will seal the boxes and can also clean the reputation of the Demon kingdom, prove to the human kingdom that all the allegations against them are wrong and hopefully lead to the unification of Human and Demon kingdom.

Unfortunately, things will not be easy on them. They met the queen, (Queen Mayuki Daidouji) together with her sons namely, Kota Yabu, Hikaru Yaotome and Yuya Takaki. Prince Kota was annoyed by their presence and their ignorance and was greatly disappointed and blurted out words which provoked Rina to slap him; in the Demon world, slapping a person on his or her left cheek means offering engagement. Prince Kota was deeply irritated by it and went berserk at the banquet hall making the fork and the knife fall which was picked by the innocent Yuto. Another customary tradition in their world is that, picking up a fork and a knife actually means that you are challenging a person which was graciously accepted by Prince Kota who later on will be beaten because of Yuto’s sudden unveiling of his powers revealing his control over water. This battle made Rina,Yuto and Prince Kota injured.

Rina woke up without any scars despite the injuries she received the night before, which was the battle between Prince Kota and Yuto and was alarmed by it. She visited her brother to comfort him only to find him in a bad condition but after a while of holding to his hand, he was suddenly healed and so, she checked on to Prince Kota’s condition and was also able to heal him. This confirmed her theory regarding her ability to heal.  Later on, they found out that their friends, Kei Inoo and Yui Yoshikawa were actually the Great Wise Man and The Oracle respectively and that they were the ones who set the way on how to get them to reach the “other world”

This news (about Rina’s ability to heal) reached General Jun’s (Matsumoto Jun) adopted daughter, Kaori Suzuhara (which is an officer of the healer tribe) and asked for the Princess’ help to help her comrade, Yuya Tegoshi, (which they actually thought was a beautiful girl). He was struck by a rare poisoned arrow and made it difficult for the Healer tribe to accommodate it. Rina was successful but lost consciousness because of the “overuse” her power and up until now, she still has not gain consciousness.

Meanwhile, the Human Kingdom is alarmed by the presence of the twins. King Daiki Arioka is still a new king but is greatly helped by the Young Sage, Ryutaro Morimoto, and the Young Priestess, Lorena Takahashi who serves as his adviser and his eye on the scene.  The king also has his cousins, which he calls brothers, who are Ryosuke Yamada, Yuri Chinen and Keito Okamoto. Now the king’s household is preparing for the coming of a certain “her”. Keito on the other hand is still searching for his friend, Shizuna Saito, Princess of the Amber Kingdom. It was later on found out that Shizuna was off to visit her cousin, Shirika Kurumizawa who is the Princess  of Jade Kingdom who is actually about to visit her bestfriend.

Unknowingly, there is another group of people out there spying on to them.

What will be happening next???

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Well, It was supposed to be a summary but I guess I am really bad at giving brief details since I can’t keep things short. Well, I hope I was able to refresh your memories ne ^_^v It has been quite a while.

Hopefully I can post things at a faster pace now since I have limited time ^_^

Thank you for all those who are still reading and supporting this fic. I missed you all and I hope you will keep on supporting me. I am sorry for the speed of the updates and for the slow progress of the story. I hope things are clear and if there are any questions or clarifications or anything that confuses you, feel free to ask.

Comments are ♥

Satomi-chan ♥

(Did you know that: A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue. )