☯Letters

Customary Tradition

 

It was a beautiful morning both at the Demon Kingdom and the Human Kingdom. So far, nothing really complex is happening and there is an eerie peace that governs them. Peace which would have been better if it was permanent but both sides are aware about the threats around them and no one wants to let their guards down.

[Demon Kingdom]

King Daiki is having his normal breakfast routine together with Prince Ryosuke and Prince Yuri with their pets alongside them when suddenly; one of the servants approached the king with a letter on a silver platter.

“Your Majesty, there was a letter addressed to you.” The servant said as she presented the silver platter to the king.

“Thank you. You may now take your leave.” King Daiki said as he gets the letter and gave orders to the servant who then bowed and exited their dining room.

The king then looked at the green seal stamped on the letter. That moment, he knew whom it was from and it automatically sent shivers to his spine. He has a bad feeling about the possible content of the letter. He then took a bread knife to cut through the seal (as he usually does) and finally read the contents. This gave him an obvious shock in his face which made his other brothers worry though they also have an idea on who sent the letter because of the trademark seal. As Princes, they have studied and can recognize the different symbols that represent the powerful noble families and each kingdom.

“Brother! You seem to be too shocked? Is there any problem?” Yuri asked being the always curious one. He really cannot hold his questions to himself and will definitely demand for an answer. There was a time when Sir Ryo had to extend their class for 2 hours because he kept on questioning his instructor and when he is not satisfied with the answer, he will definitely ask again. That is how Yuri’s marvelous brain works. Always full of questions and always wants to discover new things.

Knowing this attitude of his brother, King Daiki wants to be careful on his answer and he knows that the best way to immediately extinguish his brother’s thoughts is to answer as direct as he can. Considering that his other brother, Ryosuke, can see through his lies. He really cannot keep secrets from them.

“This is a letter from the Jade Kingdom…” He said after letting go of a big sigh while his brothers are eagerly waiting for what he is about to say next.

“So… that probably means that it came from…” before Yuri was even able to finish his sentence, Daiki immediately cut him off.

“Yes. It obviously came from her.” Daiki said as he showed the paper to his brothers revealing a fancy and girly handwriting.

“Considering the long face you currently have, then it must mean something that bothers you… Is she coming here?” Ryosuke said as he examined his brother’s face.

“Unfortunately, yes, she will be coming here.” Daiki said as he then let go of another sigh.

“When? We should prepare for her coming. I mean, you know her standards…” Yuri said as he tried to remember their last encounter with her when she last visited their mansion. She doesn’t like the way it was designed because she says it was too gloomy and immediately ordered to change the decorations. She just has this ability to make other people follow her commands which are quite scary even for Daiki.

“Unfortunately, she will be arriving here maybe tomorrow morning or late this night.” Daiki said with his worried face again. He has always been a worrier yet it is multiplied to nth level whenever things are related or has concerns with “her”.

“What!” was all that his two brothers can say and this made them worry as well.

“That was shocking...” Yuri said as he gained his poise back.

“Not to mention SUDDEN.” Ryosuke added as he tried to fix his collar as if he was choking a while ago.

“We must be prepared for the possibilities. Besides, we need to get used to her presence since she is, after all, my future wife.” Daiki said as he drank his favorite earl grey tea in one gulp. He definitely is stressed these past few days.

“I wonder how Keito is doing…” he said as he placed his tea cup back.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Meanwhile at the Forest]

[Keito’s POV]

I have been wandering around the town and almost everywhere to look for her.  Where in the world could Shizu be? I thought she is just wandering around her favorite forest trying to appreciate nature again or maybe planting another tree. I never thought it would take me this long just to look for her. This is a big forest with all the scary creatures around. I just hope that she is safe and I need to find her immediately or else I will be dead meat. Her parents will definitely throw me at the dungeon and get me to be eaten by their lions.

I am slowly starting to become like Daiki who is worrying too much about almost everything. Relax Keito. The best way to find her is to relax.

[End of POV]

Keito Okamoto is also of of King Daiki’s cousins which he considers as brothers since the four of them have been very close since they were still young. This young prince is slowly climbing his way up in the militia as the general of the kingdom. He really doesn’t want to be addressed as the prince since he always say that he feels “uncomfortable” on the term.

He is known to be the relaxed one among the four with his oak brown eyes and hair and a very well toned body which is still evident despite the layers of military clothes that he wears. He is also referred to be “the gentle one” who has a mysterious smile. Not much of a talker and is analytical as well.

He always has his pet, Hawk, named Fuyu. The four brothers decided to name their pets in accordance to the seasons as requested by Daiki’s fiancé.

Keito was supposed to visit the Amber kingdom to visit his sick friend, Shizu, and they were talking when Shizu decided to go out for some fresh air and the next thing he knew, she was gone and now he is wandering in the forest to look for her.

“I need to send a message to my brothers. I think Daiki is dead worried by now since I told him that I will only be gone for a day and now it took me almost 5 days.” He said as he took a paper and a pen and wrote a letter on it. He then rolled the paper and placed a ribbon to act as a seal and handed it to Fuyu who then made its way to the castle to deliver the letter.

“Shizu… please be safe…” He said as he started walking off again.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Demon Kingdom]

[Yuya’s POV]

Yesterday was yet again another memorable day. I never thought that I will be accompanying the princess, I mean, Rina, and am the first witness of her ability to heal. She really has the same ability with Lady Akane.

Things have drastically changed since they came here. I am not a very big fan of change, but I think I like it. They are adding life to the castle and even if there are some threats, they seem to make things lighter here.

Last night, when Kota, Yuto, and I were eating at the small table, I felt some weird happiness. To be frank, I was surprised Kota was also there considering that he is not a very patient person. Is he concerned? Out of curiosity, I asked him and I can clearly remember that scene.

[Flashback]

We were eating quietly at the small table with all the food that the servant has delivered and we ate quite a lot since we were not able to eat lunch and I think this is not a really healthy habit.

“I am finished eating.” Kota said as he stood and made his way towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Yuto asked as he was surprised at Kota’s sudden act.

“I will be heading back to my room to take a bath and to change my clothes as well.” Well, it has been Kota’s habit to take a bath twice a day. That will be the moment he wakes up and before he goes to sleep.

“I will be coming with you.” I said. I don’t know why but I somehow felt like I needed to talk to him.

“Very well.” He said as he stopped by the door and waited for me to stand up.

“I will be calling a servant as well to fix this.” I said as I pointed out the table where we just dined and made my way towards the door leaving Yuto.

We were walking by the corridor and I decided to ask Kota the thing that has been bothering me for quite a while now.

“Why did you stay there to look for Rina?” I asked as we continued walking.

“Is it wrong?” he asked me without even looking at me.

“No. but it is unusual. Could it be that you are concerned about her safety?” I asked.

“Don’t get me wrong Yuya. Not that I am concerned about that dimwit or anything, I just was there since there were nothing else better to do out here. Besides, I need to show that I am thankful about her healing me this morning.” He said with his usual proud voice.

“So you feel guilty thinking that you are one of the reasons why she was overworked?” I asked and suddenly made him stop from walking and looked at me with a weird face.

“Well, I have never thought about that. Anyway, it is her fault for making me a test subject.” He said as he walked and went straight into his room.

[End of Flashback]

Now I am on my way to Rina’s room and saw Yuto sleeping beside her and she is still sleeping soundly.

I went to the other side of the bed to look at them. Seeing how much they care for each other is fascinating me. I looked at Rina and saw her in deep peace and slumber. It has only been two days yet a lot of things have happened already I wonder what other things will happen if they stay here for a little longer.

Yuto flinched and saw me standing right across him and he straightened up and stretched. He was trying to massage his back and I think it hurt because of his position.

“Good morning!” I said and gave him a smile and he did the same.

“Do you want to have a breakfast? I will be asking a servant to deliver some here. And an extra platter as well so that Rina will have something to eat as well.” I said and he nodded at me.

“Wait… I don’t think there is no need to have an extra. Rina doesn’t eat at the first hour when she wakes up.” Yuto said as he tried to stop me. That was a new thing. I always had this expression that Rina is someone who will eat anything, at any time… looks like breakfast is an exception which is honestly, quite weird.

I did as he said and went back together with a servant it was still too early and the others are still asleep.

As I entered the room, I cannot help but to smile on what I just saw.

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Who is the person Daiki and his brothers are talking about?

Where is Shizu?

Is Kota really not concerned?

What did Yuya saw when he entered the room?

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

ANNOUNCEMENT: Please give me at least 3 links (highquality pictures) and for your privacy, it will be highly recommended to use fake pictures. It will be better as well if you can state the name of the person in the picture. I will be needing it for the poster and the background ^_^ Thanks! Sorry for the late advisory :D

SORRY FOR THE SHORT UPDATE! Well, I am really planning to post this on New Year but I was too lazy to do it… ahaha! But one of you will definitely kill me if I don’t post an update before school starts again ^_^ Please don’t kill me ne. Tomorrow will be the start again of my classes and this will be again, very very hectic and busy so I might not be able to update for quite a while. I am also in need of some more juicy ideas so if you have one in mind, don’t be afraid to say  it ^_^

As you can notice, not all the OC’s are mentioned yet. There are two which are featured here but the other one is still a mystery. Hopefully I can still update even when classes resume since tests are also just around the corner… Again… I hope you will all be patient ne ^_^ (sorry for asking too much)

Comments are ♥ they really inspire me and motivate me to update. Seeing a few comments makes my heart sad… ahaha! Suggestions are also very much appreciated.

Satomi-chan ♥

(Did you know: A snail can have about 25,000 teeth.)