☯ The Gift

Customary Tradition

 

[Hikaru’s POV]

So everyone in the room is so busy discussing about all the details regarding almost everything regarding the kingdom and here I am with Yuya and General Yamapi sitting here like we are some sort if invisible dudes since it seems like no one notices our existence. We are so good looking to be ignored here!

Well, at least the Princess and the Prince are showing interest regarding running and knowing the kingdom and how they were transported here. I never thought that the prince was actually pushed in the fountain and the princess was engulfed by a book. Seriously, those are really weird and if ever I was the one in their situation, I don’t know if I will freak out or will just enjoy things. Well, it is not like everybody can have such experience!

 “It is because; those amulets cannot be removed once worn.”  Sir Shige explained to them. Well, that is quite exaggerated…

“I think that is an overstatement.” Finally Sir Yamapi talked! Now everyone is looking our way. Now they realized that they are not the only ones here in this room!

“Ah! I finally remember why it was given to the princesses and why we should compile them!” it was Kei who spoke with his close fisted right hand hitting his left palm like there was a big light bulb that tinkered. I still cannot believe he is The Great Wise Man. If I will just see him walking along the corridor without knowing, I will think he is a gorgeous looking man. Well, it is not that bad as a first impression right?!

Nobody spoke which left an eerie silence in the room.

“The amulets can only be worn by those who are worthy to wear them and it was specifically designed to be given to females. I don’t know why but the amulets serve as a protection to the girls. They don’t take it off them not because it cannot be removed but because it protects them.” Kei said as he explained everything but only left all of us confused.

“What will happen if they remove those amulets?” It was Yuto who asked. Well, I am glad he did since this boring conference is getting nice.

“Terrible things are bound to happen to them and to those around them. They might get seriously ill or a plague might attack their village. Well, I am not really sure but that is how things go. An ordinary person cannot hold or touch the amulets so it is steal proof.” Kei continued to explain. In a way, things make sense but it is still confusing for me. It might take a while before things will start to sink in to me.

“Is it possible that these rings we have are also amulets like the ones the princesses have?” Now it was Rina who asked but Kei only shrugged in response. I guess not all the memories are in him. Of all people, he should have been the one who can fully explain everything since he is one of the main proponents of the sealing boxes and amulets thing together with The Great One Himself.

“I don’t think it is your highness.” It was Sir Yamapi who spoke.

“Why did you say so?” it was me who asked.

“I just know since I personally gave the rings to them.” He said as he gave a big beaming smile.

“What!!!” as everyone in the room exclaimed. Well, except for my dear brother Yuya who didn’t shout but has his eyes opened too wide as if it will bulge out. Ahaha! That was a funny scene. But ehh?! What is Sir Yamapi trying to say? PERSONALLY GAVE IT!

[End of Hikaru’s POV]

“Well, since you are all so shocked to hear it, then I guess it is my time to explain things to all of you. Remember the time I was gone way back before?” General Yamapi asked while looking intently at Head Teacher Shige.

“Hmmm… is that the one after the death of Lady Akane and Lady Ashiya?” Head Teacher Shige said after trying to remember things and left General Yamapi with a little hint of sadness in his eyes as he bowed his head down a little.

 “I was commanded by the Great One himself to go to Earth and deliver some gifts to the future Prince and Princess…”

[Flashback]

[Yamapi’s POV]

It was a sunny morning in here in this city called Tokyo. This place is far different from our world. They have all these weird things, the way the people dress up, the way they talk, and all their system of living. They are relying on these papers and coins on trading and it seems like different kinds of designs of the papers are having different monetary values.

The place is wonderful in a sense since these are not the ordinary things I know. They have these big buildings and there is this thing that lights up and has different colors and seems like the people here understands its meanings. Their mode of transportation is also fast since they don’t use horses anymore. They have this thing that has doors and moves fast! All these thoughts made me think that I am an ignorant.

I don’t know how I will see the twins and how will I know that it is them. All I have is this box that has rings.

“You will know it when you see her… you will feel it in your heart.” That was all that the Great One told me and the next thing I remember is that, I am here.

I continued walking without any direction. I don’t know where to look and who to look for. Not to mention that this is a very new place for me and I don’t know how I will survive. Telling them that I came from the Great Demon Kingdom might seem absurd and there is a big possibility that no one will believe me if I tell them the story.

I was so tired and I decided to sit on a bench when suddenly someone approached me.

“You are perfect! Can you be my model?!” he exclaimed as he astonishingly stood in front of me like he just saw an angel that will save his life.

“Excuse me sir? What do you mean?” I asked as I was confused about what he was trying to say. A model? What does he mean by that?!

“Would you mind standing up?” he said and I did. I don’t even know why I did it.

“Turn around… there… now this side… PERFECT! Your medieval and mighty knight-like look with the mysterious smile and that build! And owh!!! The gorgeous face! You are perfect to be my model! Do you want the job?” I did all he said and he was so enthusiastic. I don’t know how to say it but I am starting to suspect if he is a real man. The way he touched me was really creepy and I was glad to say that he finally stopped touching me but his stares are really unimaginably unbearable.

I don’t know what he means so I decided not to talk instead and gave him a weird stare.

“Don’t you understand what I just said?! I am offering you a job and an opportunity of a lifetime! Owh! I forgot that I was not able to introduce myself. I am Yasu Matsuda, a professional photographer and designer and I am currently looking for models! I need to have them by tonight and I was almost losing hope but then I found you! Don’t worry since I will give you a good pay! What do you say?” he said while showing me a card with a picture of him and his name in it with all those weird engravings with it. Maybe this is their system of writing.

“I am sorry if I was not able to comprehend to your sayings a while ago. I am not accustomed to your traditions yet and I am new to this land. I am not very sure with your offer but I guess I have no other choice but to accept it. I am deeply sorry for my ignorance. I want to know what is it I can do to be of great help?!” I said and he was stunned by it. Am I talking weird? Anyways, he just grabbed my arm and took me somewhere.

Weeks quickly passed by and I am now earning money. Now I am slowly learning their customs here on the land they call Earth. The people here are teaching me eagerly and are quite nice to me. There were a lot of beautiful looking girls and they always surround me and are astonished by the way I act. I had my face in several magazines as they call it and I still don’t get how I am able to earn through getting a picture and having it in magazine. Though I can say that having the pictures printed in many copies and in color looking exactly the way it was taken was a pretty clever technique.

It was fun and entertaining but I have my mission in mind. And that is to look for the twins whom I will serve in the future and will bring hope to our land. I must not let myself to be distracted by what this land has. I need to focus and I decided to quit. I also think that I have enough monetary funds to survive.

I wanted to go back to an apartment where I stay to have some rest though I know that it is still just about two in the afternoon. As soon as I rode a cab, a pregnant lady came in from the other door and we were both surprised to see each other.

“Please go to the nearest hospital! Quick!” The lady said as the driver looked on to his rear mirror and saw that it was an emergency and he looked at me as if asking for my approval. I got what he meant and I nodded in approval.

“I am sorry but I really really need to take this cab. I can no longer wait since I think my babies will be out any minute now!” she said as she looked to me. She is sweating profusely and I can tell that she is in pain yet she still tried to smile at me.

“I understand. Babies? Are they by any chance twins?” I asked.

“Yes! It is expected to be a boy and a girl. Wait a minute, are you by any chance Mr. Yamaa Tomohisa?” she asked me which made me quite surprised.

“I have the copies of the magazines you are in and I am a fan! I usually look at your pictures. By the way, I am Nakajima Yumi. I am sorry again if ever I creeped you out.” She said and I simply smiled at her.

“Don’t worry; I am not in a hurry anyway. You are about to give birth and you are alone! That is unforgivable. I will happily you until I am sure that you will have a safe delivery.” I said as I cant bear the fact that this lady is alone on a very important day of her life and during those moments, I knew that I have to do something and that she is the woman I am looking for.

“I hope you don’t mind being their Godfather?” she asked me with hope in her eyes.

“Of course I don’t. It will be my honor to be their Godfather.” I said as I touched her belly and felt their kicks.

We reached the hospital and I was patiently waiting outside while Yumi is giving birth to the twins. A man came and the nurse told him that I was the one who escorted Nakajima Yumi to the hospital and he approached me and gave his thanks. He told me that he was Nakajima Rinomori and that he is the husband of Yumi. I gave him the box where the rings were and told him that these rings will be my gift to them as their Godfather. The rings must be given to them when they reach the age thirteen.

The doctor went out and told us that it was a success and that we can already see the twins at the nursery after a while. He asked me if I want to come but I refused and decided that I must go since I knew that my mission was over.

[End of Yamapi’s POV]

[End of flashback]

“And that was how the story goes and that is also the same reason why you both have those rings and why I think that they are not like the amulets that the princesses have.” Yamapi said after explaining everything to the people at the room. This made the twins look at their rings.

“So that is the reason why I feel comfortable with you! Now I understand!” Yuto said with all enthusiasm.

“So you did come to their land without even telling me! I also want to go and see their land! Now I know why you know a lot about their customs! That is so unfair of you Yamapi!” Head Teacher Shige said as he looks like a kid who was not allowed to go outside and play.

“I don’t know how to say it to you and I am not even aware of how I got there? You know that I suddenly disappeared that time.” Yamapi said as he tried to comfort his friend and as he tries to explain himself.

“So, can we just call you uncle or something like that? That will be nice ne ne-chan?” It was again Yuto who spoke while he nudges on to his sister as if asking for an approval and his ne-chan only gave him a smile.

“It would be an honor. Yuto.” Yamapi said and still, he seems like he is still not used to call them by their first names but it was Yuto’s request after all.

“I am sorry to interrupt your reunion but there is something that I have to ask you two Rina and Yuto.” It was Yui who spoke. She has been serious ever since she came into the room and she had wanted to ask them this question since yesterday after seeing the fight.

“What is it Yui-sempai?” Rina asked as she looked at Yui.

“After hearing all that Kei, Yamapi and I did for the preparations, and the explanation given by head teacher Shige, are you now willing to take your responsibility as the Prince and Princess of this land?” She asked and this left an eerie silence into the room.

“I don’t want to put the pressure on your shoulders but if you guys are still in doubt that you are the…” she was still talking when Rina interrupted.

“I understand your point sempai. All your efforts, all the evidences, the powers and the stories are all leading to a conclusion that indeed, we are the so called Demon Price and Princess. It is not like we don’t accept it yet but the responsibility is too big and everything is still not fully sinking in to us yet. We still need time to think through things.” Rina said with her head down. She still is not too sure of the idea since not only are their lives at stake here but the future of a world as well.

“What we are trying to say is that, we are still not ready yet to be THE Prince and the Princess. I think we must prove ourselves worthy first before you can crown us as the Prince and the Princess. Up until now, we are only relying to the prophecy. We will work our way to achieve the position. Till then, we will be doing what we must do and when the right time comes, then you can crown us as your Prince and Princess. Let us just say that we are only trainees ok! I don’t think it will be a good idea to just put an ignorant pair of prince and princess in the position. There is so much at stake here. Do you agree? What can you say ne-chan?” it was Yuto who made the remark which made the people in the room respect him a little more. It was unusual to hear him talk in such manner that he is convincing people with his serious thought yet he still has this light aura with him. It feels like he is not forcing you to believe in him but he has this charm that makes the people around him feel light and happy.

“I think we have no choice. We also cannot get back to Earth unless the so called ‘Great One’ will summon us back there. This might also be fun and I like your suggestion ni-chan. Well then, let’s do our best ok!” Rina said as there was a smile on her face. She is uncertain about the path that they are going to take but she knew that they had to do it for if they don’t, who else will.

“I am sorry to interrupt the meeting sire but General Jun asked if it will be ok for the Prince and the Princess together with his eminence and the Oracle to meet his daughter. The General would like to ask the Princess to help his daughter.” A soldier exclaimed and all of them agreed and followed his lead to meet Jun’s daughter.

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Do their parents also know that they are royalties in another world?

Now that they have accepted their responsibilities, what are they going to do next?

Why does Jun’s daughter seek for their help?

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

ANNOUNCEMENT: [IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ]

I know that there had been a lot of announcements from me lately and I don’t want to ruin the story by posting an announcement without an update :D.

I would just like to inform you all that my classes will resume on Wednesday, November 9 (Philippine time). This means that I might post the chapters a little late. I cannot promise you that I will be able to post every week since this upcoming semester of school will be one of the most crucial semesters since we will be taking tests regarding our majors and because it will also be a very busy sem because I am going to be a project head in an event in our organization. In short, I am going to be bombarded with all those activities and stuff and will make me really busy not to mention that I  have classes from Monday to Saturday and sometimes even Sunday.

Now if you are thinking if I am putting this story on Hiatus or if I will decide not to continue it, my answer will be NO I am not going to put this in hiatus as much as I can and NO I will not leave this story since I really want this one to reach its end. I actually have the epilogue of this story in mind right now. ^_^

I just felt like I needed to inform you about this. Please understand if it will take long before I can update. I will try my best to update as much as I can since I know my brain will kill me unless I write down all the ideas I have in mind now.

I would also like to thank all those who have been really supportive and who always leave their comments. Now I understand what a comment can do to the author. Your comments always overwhelm me and make me happy. It inspires me to murder my keyboard and to continue writing and it also juices out ideas. I know that you know who you guys are and for that, I would like to thank you. Please continue ransacking my comment box ne ^_^

On the other hand, I feel sad of course when there are those who cannot give their comments. I understand since a lot of us are busy now. Please just tell me if you are ok! So that I will not erase your character ^_^ I know you’ve all put an effort in filling the long application form I gave and I don’t want them to turn into waste ^_^ I am not angry or anything.

I have only written the backbone of the story in a notebook to keep me guided. This means that the details about the love stories of the chosen girls is still temporary and still subject to change. This story also has a lot of complicated ideas and if ever you are confused about some details, please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. I honestly have the tendency sometimes to assume that you know it already so don’t be afraid to ask so that I will be able to clarify them on the following chapters and will be able to explain them properly. ^_^

I am sorry for the long announcement ne! I hope you read it all ^_^

Comments are♥

♥Satomi-chan!

(Did you know that: Oysters and snails can change their genders anytime they want?)