☯ Visions

Customary Tradition

 

[Demon Kingdom]

Night has fallen and soon enough, dinner will be served yet the people in the castle are worried as their Princess still hasn’t gain consciousness yet.

“Why were you so cold Kei? Are you not worried?” Yui irritatingly asked Kei because of how he reacted a while ago at the banquet hall.

[Flashback]

[Yui’s POV]

I have heard that Rina and Yuto were not able to have dinner yesterday thanks to the disasters that they have naturally made possible. If Rina knows the news that we will be having a lunch, I am pretty sure she will be dashing here immediately. She is a glutton so I won’t be surprised if that happens. Is glutton a little harsh??

I am sitting in front of Kei with Queen Mayuki sitting at the end of the table which is apparently at my left. I don’t know why but I am having a queer feeling something will happen again. Hopefully, it is just me being a little paranoid again.

Suddenly, the door barged open as if the person who opened it is in a hurry. I thought it would be Rina but saw Prince Hikaru instead. He is panting so hard and he looks like he just ran a mile.

“Mother! I don’t think… we will be able… to have… lunch… today… with… the Prince and… the Princess… something happened…” He said with long intervals since he is still catching his breath. A servant approached him and gave him a glass of water which he drank in a blink of an eye.  Unfortunately, my eerie feelings were right.

“What happened?” the queen asked, disappointment and worry is clearly seen on her face since she is looking forward to having lunch with the Twins not only for the sake of lunch but because the queen would like to discuss something to them as well.

“What version of the story do you want my dear mother? The short-cut, not very detailed, summary version or the Long and detailed one?” he asked as he is slowly recovering his breathe.  This guy’s way of thinking is unbelievable! How in the world was he able to think of such thing when something already happened! Well, I hope the queen will choose the first option.

“Well, you know what my answer will be my dear son.” The queen smiled and sat in a more comfortable way.

“Second Choice it is then…” Hikaru said as he stood up straight as if he is ready to perform a declamation piece in front of us and did I heard things right??? The second choice! Now he just took a deep breath. I looked at the faces of the other two people around me, the queen is smirking like she is amused about things and Kei, well, he has a curious face on and is looking intently at Hikaru like he is examining him yet he managed to be calm. He noticed me observing him and looked at me… first with his ever innocent face then he gave me a beaming smile which made me look immediately back to the Prince who is about to start.

“I will be explaining everything once so please listen ok! Remember when General Jun’s daughter, Kaori asked for the Princess’s presence, it turns out that she was informed about the princess’s new found abilities of healing and asked for her helped since her comrade, Tegoshi, was struck by a poisoned arrow as their caravan was ambushed on their way back home and apparently, the poison is a rare type and the healing unit are having a hard time finding the cure and resorted to asking for the Princess’ help. The Prince and the Princess even praised and said that Tegoshi is really beautiful since he is wearing a lady’s dress and a wig! Ahaha! If only you saw it all, it was a precious moment… anyway, too much for that, the Princess was successful on healing him and while we are on our way here to have the lunch, Princess Rina suddenly collapsed.” Hikaru said all in one blast. I don’t know if I will be amazed because of his story telling with all those gestures and all the details or if I will be annoyed by it. Well, I have to commend him in his amazing story telling skills. Now I know why the queen always seems to be so amused.

“What is the current situation?” the queen asked with her blank face on. I somehow felt scared seeing her with such face. I am used to her stupid aura and look.

“Kota is currently carrying her to her room, Yuya was assigned to look for Kaori for the treatment, I was assigned to report things to you and Head Teacher Shige is with Prince Yuto, Kota and Princess Rina.”

“Is there anything you want to say about this Kei? This seems like a familiar case isn’t it?” the queen suddenly said as she looked at Kei. What does she mean by that?

“Well, thanks to the Prince’s detailed story, things seem to be clear. I somehow expected this to happen so I am not very surprised.” He said with his calm tone.

“What do you mean that you expected this to happen?” I asked. Is it a part of his devious plans?

“Rina might seem to be the logical one among the twins but she has this tendency to push herself to her limits without her knowing it. She wants to know up to what extent she can hold things and what will happen to her afterwards. She is fine but is a little overworked. This is the first time she has used it. She treated three patients today. First is Prince Yuto, then Prince Kota and maybe the rare poison is what pushed her to work extra. Another thing is, you know her… she cannot resist a person asking for her help.” Kei said with a calm tone and it is kinda scary to think that is doesn’t look even a bit worried about the situation. I don’t know if I am pissed because of his calm reaction that doesn’t show any care or if I somehow want to see him lose his calm once in a while.

“Then I guess we should proceed there immediately and check her condition.” I said trying to startle him for a bit.

“If you want to then you can. I will not go since I don’t think there will be good ventilation if there are a lot of people there. Considering that Kaori, Yuya, Yuto, Yabu and Shige will be there right. I will be proceeding to the study room. Excuse me your highness.” He said as he left the room.

[End of Flashback]

Now in the study room, Kei and Yui are still not done with their conversation. Yui is seriously irritated but Kei is used to it. What surprises Yui most is the way Kei responds. Usually, when she puts up such mood, Kei will be playfully teasing her as if wanting to irritate her more. But now, he is only sitting at the chair reading a pile of books with his glasses on and he seems to be ignoring her. She knows he is now serious.

“Oy! Kei!! Are you even listening to me? Why are you so cold a while ago at the banquet? I thought that of all people, YOU will be concerned since she is like a sister to you.” Yui said in emphasizing every word.

“I believed I have explained myself well and clear back at the banquet hall a while ago. I am concerned but there are more things we have to consider… I know she will be fine.” Kei said still reading his book.

“What other things to consider! I don’t get it!” Yui asked… well, more of exclaimed.

“They already know that we are here.” Kei said as he closed the book he is reading closing his eyes as if trying to think.

“I am not surprised. They are supposed to know about it right? We are not the only people with special abilities. They too… is that the thing that bothers you?” Yui understood what he said. What confuses her is the way he reacted. He surely must be aware that they would come to know their presence.

“Not really… I am just thinking how they will react to things… I mean, what are they going to do now that we are already here?” he said as he took off his glasses and looked at Yui straight in her eyes.

Instead of answering back, Yui just merely stared back at him.

“Things will get better… really looking forward to it.” Kei said with a clear smirk painted in his face.

Not long enough, they heard a knock on the door and as they opened the door, two servants came in with two trays of food.

“The queen sent these foods since she is aware that you were not able to take your lunch.  We hope you enjoy your food. Your Eminence, Oracle-sama, we have arranged different rooms for you to stay on tonight and for the rest of your stay in the castle. Would you prefer eating in your rooms or would you rather eat your food here?” the servant asked.

Yui was about to reply when Kei suddenly spoke.

“We will be eating our meals here. Thank you for delivering it to us.” Kei said which made Yui roll her eyes.

“As you wish, you’re Eminence. We will be waiting outside. Please ring this bell if there is anything you would like to ask.” The other servant said as they placed a bell on the space on the tray and left the room.

Yui didn’t say anything and decided to eat with Kei. Now she is much more relaxed knowing that she will not be sharing room with Inoo Kei anymore.

 ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Inside Rina’s room]

Yuto is sitting beside his sister’s bed while clinging on to her hand not letting go of it.

Yuya is there too leaning at the wall.

Yabu was surprisingly there as well as he comfortably sits by the window staring at the sky.

“Oy! You know you don’t need to hold her hands that much. She will be fine. Remember what Kaori said a while ago? She is just tired because she overworked herself.” Yabu said as he doesn’t like the drama of seeing Yuto holding on to his sister’s hand as if she was in a life and death situation.

This remark made Yuto look on to him with a blank face.

“I know. Thank you for reminding me anyway but, I would like to do this. Maybe because I knew this was the same manner she holds on to me when I was asleep and she was worried about me. I just want her to feel the same warmth her hands gave me a while ago.” Yuto calmly said as he gave out a calm and pure smile as he looks at his sleeping sister.

This shocked Kota. He thought that he will be irritated by his remark.

“You are right, Yuto. That is how Rina held your hands this morning when you were still asleep.” Yuya suddenly made his remark and surprised Kota since he knows Yuya is not much of the type who loves to speak.

“How did you know that?” Kota asked his brother.

“I was there when Rina woke Yuto up.” Was all that Yuya said in reply. 

“Are you bored?” Yuto asked Yabu who is sitting sloppily in his chair. He is not the type who likes waiting and stuff. He is easily bored with stuff.

“Un… to death actually… remember, we skipped lunch. Now it is almost dinner and she is still not awake!!!!” Yabu said with B-O-R-E-D spelled clearly in his face.

“Then why are you still here?” Yuya and Yuto said in synch which made them look at each other in a weird way and was followed by some chuckles.

“Is that a part of the script?” Yabu said as it also made him think why he still is staying here.

“Just tell us why you are still here. No one is forcing you to stay. The door is not locked or anything.” Yuto asked with a grin on his face as he tries to tease Yabu.

“I just felt like doing so. Let’s stop all these talk ok! It is not about me staying or not. Geez! Why am I always in a hot seat.” He said as Yuya and Yuto only chuckled.

“Haha! Not funny…” Yabu said with sarcasm in his tone.

“I know. You are blushing.” Yuya said as he pointed on Yabu’s face though it is not really blushing.

“Oy!” Yabu said as he was speechless. Yet he is a little happy knowing that his brother is joking again. It has been a while since the last time he enjoyed such time with him.

“Oy!” It was Yuto this time who shouted as he felt movement from Rina’s hand.

“Why? What is it again?” was Yabu’s answer.

“She flinched!” Yuto was so excited in what happened like a sudden miracle just occurred.

Rina slowly opened her eyes to see Yuto holding her hand, Yuya and Yabu at the other side looking also at her.

“Rina!!!” Yuto attacked her with a hug. Very much like the way she did to Yuto this morning.

Rina only smiled and gently released herself from Yuto’s hug without speaking any word. Yuto understands what it means. There are really times when Rina doesn’t speak for the first hour upon waking up. She only gave each of them a weird “what-happened” look to them.

“You suddenly collapsed and I had to carry you all the way to this room. Seriously, what do you do! I mean, are you really a lady? You are so heavy and you weigh like an elephant.” He said and Rina only gave him a confused look.

“Kaori checked your condition and said that you overworked yourself. Anyways, it is good that you are already awake. It is almost time for dinner!” Yuto said excitedly since he knows that his sister is really looking forward to it but he was surprised when Rina only smiled at him and hold her head. It can be clearly seen in her face that she is in pain and then again, she lost her consciousness and Yuto was able to catch her this time.

“She really is getting used to losing her consciousness suddenly.” Yabu said as he too was surprised,

“I think she still needs more rest.” Yuya said.

“I guess so too.” Yuto said.

Suddenly, three servants came into the room with trays of food with them. The Princes understood what it meant and instructed the servant to prepare the meal. They all ate and used the small table inside the room.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Human Kingdom]

Priestess Rena and Ryutaro are still inside the Priestess’s Chamber.

“Now that the Prince has arrived, the King seems to forget about us.” Priestess Rena said after her readings on the Crystal Ball.

“I know that and I know it will come. Even so, is there something far more important that you need to tell me?” Ryutaro said as he gave a questioning look on Rena. He knew that the Priestess is not someone who will randomly talk about things.

“You really are pretty clever Ryu. I was merely testing you. Oh well… I guess I really cannot deceive you.” Rena said as she gave a playful smirk towards the Young Sage. She really acts in such a manner whenever she is alone with Ryutaro and nobody would believe that she can act like how she does now.

“Well, as expected from you. I know how much you love to test me. Anyways, I hope my thoughts are correct.” Ryutaro said as he looked into Rena with conviction on his words.

“Well, let me hear what you think.” Rena said. She is always amused at how Ryutaro thinks and acts and she never gets tired of testing him and pushing him on to his limit. Though Ryutaro is usually annoyed, he likes it since Rena, somehow, entertains him and lets him think as well.

“According to my calculations and deductions, they should have arrived at the Demon Kingdom by now.” Ryutaro said as he sat in his favorite chair.

“By “they”, are you referring to…” Rena asked trying to clarify things out with the Sage.

“Yes… The Great Wise Man and the Oracle.” Ryutaro finished her sentence for her.

“Then, what are you planning to do? Do you think we should immediately inform the king about this?” Rena asked. She is not worried or anything. She just wants to know what Ryutaro might possibly be planning. They were told to work together and she was advised not to do any rush decisions without consulting Ryutaro first.

“I don’t think it will be wise to inform him about it immediately. He will be in great panic if that happens and who knows what he will be doing next. For now, I think we must continue to be vigilant regarding the Demon Kingdom’s future course of action.” Ryutaro said with confidence.

“I see. I also think it will be nice to let him relax and enjoy his time with his brothers for a while. You know what,, there is something different with your smile. I hope you don’t mind sharing your thoughts….” Rena said as she noticed a different beam on Ryutaro’s smile.

“Now that THE Great Wise Man is here in this world, I will be able to have a head-to-head battle with him. I have heard a lot about him and before I rose up to this title, I was always compared to him. I wonder what will be happening next and how he also thinks. I feel like I have found a worthy match in him. Even if he is really not the full Great Wise Man, I don’t think things will be an easy win for me.” Ryutaro said.

“Wouldn’t that make us more careful? I mean, if he really is that much of a threat to us, then we should be more wary…” Rena asked.

“Well, yes, you are correct, but, we must not forget our mission here. By the way, what do you feel towards the Oracle? Don’t you see her as a competition?” Ryutaro asked.

“No… though we have similar skills, I don’t think of her as a competition. I actually want to meet her in person and see how she is like. I honestly want to meet them… to see how it is in the world they call EARTH? Is there any difference within that world and this world? Somehow, I also want to visit that place. You know, we had always been in here and I always have to look into the crystal or pray to our Gods. But, I guess things will go more interesting from this point on… am I right?!” Rena said with enthusiasm.

======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ ======= ♫ =======♫ =======

[Demon Kingdom]

As Yui went on to her slumber, she immediately fell on to her dream…

Sand…

Storm…

Danger…

And Shouts are all she see and hear.

“Yuto!!!!!” She screamed as she woke up from her dream which is more of a nightmare to her. She saw herself drenched in sweat and she is catching her breath.

“Danger… again!” she said as she tried to calm herself.

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

When will Rina fully recover?

What is Ryutaro and Rena’s mission?

What is Yui’s dream all about?

===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡===♥===☯===♡

Minna!! Thank you for all those who commented ^_^ though I honestly am a bit sad seeing only a handful of you comment and I honestly am not in a really good mood today (though it is the holiday season...) But I am really thankful to those who are still reading this and supporting ^_^ I understand that most of us are busy for the holidays… well, hopefully there will be more comment boosters for the next chapters!! ^_^ really looking forward to that ne!

As I tried to review the story, I realized something, all these happened in just 2 days!! O.o ahaha!! That was a bit weird :D LOL!!! But there will be more progress in the upcoming chapters so I hope you all will look forward to that,

OWH! If you do have any suggestions if there are any certain scenes you want to happen, PLEASE TELL ME NE ^_____^ I am digging up for ideas ne! ahahaha!!!

By the way, these are Tego’s image that keeps on flashing in my mind on that scene of him mistook as a girl:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkd5e8lGj61qbs6fy.jpg

http://pics.livejournal.com/torima45882/pic/0002z9bg

Comments are ♥

Satomi-chan ♥

(Did you know that: Cartoon character Sylvester the Cat's full name is Sylvester J. Pussycat.)